Ram Pick-up Among Top 10 Interiors & Other 9 Winners for 2013-14

Started by Atomic, April 15, 2013, 06:31:48 PM

CJ

Also, it's a General Motors product that isn't the Cadillac XTS.  It just won't be that good.

MrH

Quote from: CJ on April 26, 2013, 12:51:41 PM
Simply because you may be the supplier for the Silverado's interior doesn't automatically make it OMFG GOOD SO GOOD BETTER THAN THE REST OMFG RAM SUCKS.
Quote from: CJ on April 26, 2013, 12:55:59 PM
Also, it's a General Motors product that isn't the Cadillac XTS.  It just won't be that good.

:wtf:

Seriously?  You want to claim I'm being biased, when I'm giving reasons and support for what I'm saying, and you follow it up with that. 
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

93JC

Just goes to show how much people's perceptions, preconceived notions and biases inform their opinions. It doesn't really matter how objectively difficult, exotic or meticulous a design is. If you're savvy enough you can tell people what to like, and they will.

MrH

Quote from: 93JC on April 26, 2013, 01:30:03 PM
Just goes to show how much people's perceptions, preconceived notions and biases inform their opinions. It doesn't really matter how objectively difficult, exotic or meticulous a design is. If you're savvy enough you can tell people what to like, and they will.

I agree.  It takes countless years of producing outstanding product to really change anyone's opinion of the company on a whole.  Hell, even then, it's still difficult.  I have to say I applaud Honda for redoing the Civic after just one year and selling a ton of them, just because they saw what the long term impact could be for not being competitive in some areas.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CJ

Show me something from GM that's not the XTS or Cruze that actually has a decent interior.  The ATS isn't as good as anything in the class.  The Malibu isn't either.  The new Impala's good, but the Avalon is better.  GM has made crap for so long that they simply can't make anything else.  The GMT900 vehicles were supposed to have really good interiors for their segment, but they're still crap.

MrH

Quote from: CJ on April 26, 2013, 01:47:18 PM
Show me something from GM that's not the XTS or Cruze that actually has a decent interior.  The ATS isn't as good as anything in the class.  The Malibu isn't either.  The new Impala's good, but the Avalon is better.  GM has made crap for so long that they simply can't make anything else.  The GMT900 vehicles were supposed to have really good interiors for their segment, but they're still crap.

No use even responding to this garbage.  We've been down this path before, and you just continually give baseless opinions without even seeing the vehicle.  You're the whole reason the joke started about judging material qualities through press photos that were renderings to begin with.  When you're done foaming at the mouth about your hatred for GM, we can have this conversation.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

93JC

Crap like this is why I just don't bother posting very much anymore.

TurboDan

If I had a car a rotary would be fine, but having in the past week trailed my boat A) Out of a small space between my driveway and my neighbor's driveway then B) Backed it into an even smaller space between two other boats at the marina then C) Picked it up at the marina after some work and put it down the ramp, I can say a rotary would be annoying. There are constant gear shifts, especially when you're like me, and not so great at trailer parking. :lol:

Off-roading calls for a column or traditional shifter as well. On some of the tighter trails, it takes a lot of back-and-forth to wedge your vehicle into a spot where it's not blocking the trail so you can get out and explore on foot.

I guess you get used to anything eventually, though.  :huh:

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on April 25, 2013, 12:58:18 AM
Wait a minute.  MrH is claiming this:

is better than this:

or this:

:huh:

They all look essentially the same to me.  All big, blocky interiors with a bunch of silver plastic and other plastics. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Can we just all agree that truck interiors all look stupid with their oversized everything so accountants can feel like they're big macho men and that the Z4 has the best interior ever?

Okay, so second best, actually:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

J86

TurboDan

The Lotus interior looks like shit... but nobody buys a Lotus for the interior. The Z4 interior has the "Spartan" look of most BMWs, which is OK by me personally (it was in contention for me before I decided to go SUV) but turns off some people.