BMW 3 series loses comparo in Car and Driver to Lexus IS.

Started by 565, May 12, 2013, 10:19:57 AM

12,000 RPM

I still think that even if Lexus made the diesels and little petrols Europeans clamor for they would still pass on them for having the wrong badge. Why go for a Lexus when an Avensis looks about the same from 3 metres and costs about half as much to own/operate?
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

NomisR

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 21, 2013, 02:58:15 PM
I still think that even if Lexus made the diesels and little petrols Europeans clamor for they would still pass on them for having the wrong badge. Why go for a Lexus when an Avensis looks about the same from 3 metres and costs about half as much to own/operate?

No H&Hâ„¢

But I've been seeing quite a few IS lately in both the standard form and the F Sport package.  And honestly.. it looks a bit plain.  Not a fan at all.. doesn't really stand out from the other Lexus models, at first, I was trying to see if it was an IS or ES just at first... they need to cancel one.. too much overlap.

TBR

The IS looks like dog shit, F trim or not. The main problems, for me anyway, are the lights. It looks like they forgot to make the middle part of the headlights and then the tail light has a really weird pointy bit that extends toward the wheel wells. Seems pretty obvious to me that they kept a lot of the former IS structure and then tried to make it look different.