Mazda fighting the good fight, confirms 16X & new rotary car

Started by 12,000 RPM, August 17, 2013, 10:34:16 AM

hotrodalex

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 18, 2013, 01:32:40 PM
You would have to put it on some JDM wheels too... it would be a real mess... or masterpiece

Probably some OZ or RPF1s. RPF1s might win since they're lighter, and my goal for the car would be to keep it super light and have crazy good handling. That's why the rotary would be great, since it can be mounted low and a bit further back to improve the weight distribution.

NomisR

Quote from: Onslaught on August 18, 2013, 12:24:38 PM
I doubt they would make an interesting piston engine for an MX-7. It's probably be some lame ass turbo 4 banger like the the MS3 and not a nice, smooth V6. And I'd rather have a rotary any day of the week over a piss poor 4 cylinder car.

Unless you've owned one then I doubt most people get the rotary and why it's loved. And it's one of those things you "get" or just don't. But I for one have always liked the fact that you could buy something different out there. It drives and sounds like
nothing else on the road. And it's not like Mazda's really all that known for making world class piston engines anyway.

I hope Mazda brings back the RX-7 but I'm not holding my breath. In todays age it will be darn difficult.

:hesaid:

I would love another rotary for sure.  Ever since selling my RX8, I still want another rotary.  It's something you have to own once to appreciate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on August 18, 2013, 02:08:01 PM
I don't give two rats shits about sports car definitions. An RX-7 is a sports car in my book. With or without an open top and all that other dumb shit.

Just trying to rile you up a bit.  I see it worked.   :lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.