Bogus Parking Ticket

Started by Minpin, August 18, 2013, 03:12:47 PM

GoCougs

Quote from: CJ on August 22, 2013, 10:38:29 AM

Do you have any friends? Or know anyone? Do you live in some alternate world where this sort of thing is okay?

Colby has a fleet plate. It is none of your business where he works. You do not need to know anything else.

Rohan unknowingly provides a valuable service actually...

Soup DeVille

Quote from: rohan on August 22, 2013, 09:48:04 AM
And yet officers hear nearly daily "I didnt know that was illegal.".

While we're on this subject, can you please explain what is up with people who don't understand the new expiration date sticker goes right over the top of the old one, and just start putting them all over the plate?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 22, 2013, 10:35:48 AM
I'm glad I live in a place where that shit always gets here either 10 years later or never at all. I mean, we don't even have a single traffic camera. Anywhere. It's great. At least not one meant for prosecution/handing out tickets.

I believe that's up to Michigan law.

There are cameras all over Troy. None of them can be used for issuing tickets.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

bing_oh

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 22, 2013, 12:03:01 PMWhile we're on this subject, can you please explain what is up with people who don't understand the new expiration date sticker goes right over the top of the old one, and just start putting them all over the plate?

We can't explain stupidity. We just deal with it on a daily basis.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 22, 2013, 12:03:01 PM
While we're on this subject, can you please explain what is up with people who don't understand the new expiration date sticker goes right over the top of the old one, and just start putting them all over the plate?

LOL

Soup DeVille

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 22, 2013, 02:10:56 PM
LOL

Does this happen in other states? I can't say I've ever noticed it.

bing_oh

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 22, 2013, 06:18:17 PMDoes this happen in other states? I can't say I've ever noticed it.

This happens everywhere. I notice people who seem to like to put their sticker in a different corner every year...they end up with different years' stickers in all four corners.

rohan

Quote from: CJ on August 22, 2013, 10:38:29 AM

Do you have any friends? Or know anyone? Do you live in some alternate world where this sort of thing is okay?

Colby has a fleet plate. It is none of your business where he works. You do not need to know anything else.
If you knew anything about anything, you'd know there are currently only 7 companies in Illinios which still have fleet plates per Illinios statue by number of vehicles (500 minimum).  Even the most basic logic trail would indicate that a person claiming to have an Illinios fleet plate would have to work for one of those companies which can have an Illinios fleet plate.  It's actually a matter of public record.  ;)

The rest of your post- well whatever.  :rolleyes:
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

CJ

Why would I go out of my way to learn something about a FLEET LAWS of a state that I don't even live in? Why do you care so much?

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 20, 2013, 12:11:06 PM
Ha, I was visiting my buddy in Deal last summer. His dad warned me to stick to speed limits, as I would apparently be a bigger target thanks to my NY plates.

Where's Deal?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

rohan

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

CJ

rohan

Quote from: CJ on August 24, 2013, 08:37:47 AM
In another state.
Because police in neighboring states never have to deal with legal issues concerning these sorts of things.  Just like I'm sure that we never have to deal with Ontario and Quebec drivers: different country.  Likewise I'm sure no Illinios police officers know Michigan law.  :ohyeah: 

Public Information.  ;)

~Chief Seattle

MX793

Quote from: bing_oh on August 22, 2013, 08:46:29 PM
This happens everywhere. I notice people who seem to like to put their sticker in a different corner every year...they end up with different years' stickers in all four corners.

Doesn't happen in NY.  Our registration stickers go in the bottom left interior of the windshield.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 24, 2013, 11:45:40 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deal,_NJ

Joisey shore

Given your recent record, your buddy's dad had good advice for you, regardless of where you're from.... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: MX793 on August 25, 2013, 08:33:09 AM
Doesn't happen in NY.  Our registration stickers go in the bottom left interior of the windshield.

In Connecticut, we went from registration stickers on the license plate to the windshield to none at all.  I think having no sticker is ridiculous, but our legislature is full of idiots.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: dazzleman on August 26, 2013, 01:30:20 AM
In Connecticut, we went from registration stickers on the license plate to the windshield to none at all.  I think having no sticker is ridiculous, but our legislature is full of idiots.

I hate windshield stickers in general, I'd hate to have to have one by law.

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 26, 2013, 01:32:47 AM
I hate windshield stickers in general, I'd hate to have to have one by law.

They don't bother me.  The whole time I lived in New York I had a windshield sticker, and then I had one in Connecticut for a few years.  I'm used to them.

Raza

We have inspection stickers on the windshield, but registration on the plate. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TurboDan

Quote from: CALL_911 on August 20, 2013, 12:11:06 PM
Ha, I was visiting my buddy in Deal last summer. His dad warned me to stick to speed limits, as I would apparently be a bigger target thanks to my NY plates.

Deal is a rough one for "proactive" policing. If you're not a multi-millionaire member of the Sephardi or Syrian Jewish community, you might get arrested for merely setting foot in town.  :devil:

Nice town, but very odd. And the beaches kinda suck... big cliffs down to the sand, a rock seawall, and the places that aren't like that are part of private beach clubs. It's about 45 minutes to an hour north of me, but a lot of my buddies like to try and sneak on the beaches to surf there since apparently it's a great break in some part of the town.

As an aside, it was also the site of one of the most famous recent corruption busts in U.S. history: a Syrian Jewish rabbi who made a few extra sheckles in human organ trafficking.  :lol:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/nj_corruption_probe_includes_f.html

TurboDan

Quote from: dazzleman on August 24, 2013, 01:01:33 AM
Where's Deal?

The northern part of the New Jersey coast, about 15 minutes south of Sandy Hook, in Monmouth County.

TurboDan

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 22, 2013, 06:18:17 PM

Does this happen in other states? I can't say I've ever noticed it.

We had plate registration decals in New Jersey for, like, 5 years in the early 2000s, and I noticed the same thing happening. People hated them (and few people actually followed the law) so they eventually got rid of them. Our boat registration stickers are in the same place as every other state, and most people put them over top of the old one. Never seen any deviations. I was once told by a state trooper assigned to the marine division to take an exacto knife and make a slit in the registration decal so if someone tried to steal it, they'd only get a small part of the edge.

He told me this after he pulled me over on the water for not having a current sticker. He put my information into the computer and it came up properly registered. And I knew I put the stickers on that year, as I do before every boating season (I literally have it written down on a checklist I use every year). He said it was pretty common for people to never register their boats and just snatch other people's decals and slap them on their boats. He didn't give me a ticket, and I've followed his advice ever since.

Wonder if the same thing happens with cars?

Quote from: dazzleman on August 26, 2013, 01:30:20 AM

We have ours on the bottom corner of the driver's side. Just an inspection sticker (that includes the expiration date and make and model of the vehicle printed on it), nothing else. Some states (Virginia, I think?) require stickers in the MIDDLE of the windshield. That would drive me batshit crazy.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TurboDan on August 27, 2013, 12:02:38 AM
We had plate registration decals in New Jersey for, like, 5 years in the early 2000s, and I noticed the same thing happening. People hated them (and few people actually followed the law) so they eventually got rid of them. Our boat registration stickers are in the same place as every other state, and most people put them over top of the old one. Never seen any deviations. I was once told by a state trooper assigned to the marine division to take an exacto knife and make a slit in the registration decal so if someone tried to steal it, they'd only get a small part of the edge.

He told me this after he pulled me over on the water for not having a current sticker. He put my information into the computer and it came up properly registered. And I knew I put the stickers on that year, as I do before every boating season (I literally have it written down on a checklist I use every year). He said it was pretty common for people to never register their boats and just snatch other people's decals and slap them on their boats. He didn't give me a ticket, and I've followed his advice ever since.

Wonder if the same thing happens with cars?

We have ours on the bottom corner of the driver's side. Just an inspection sticker (that includes the expiration date and make and model of the vehicle printed on it), nothing else. Some states (Virginia, I think?) require stickers in the MIDDLE of the windshield. That would drive me batshit crazy.

The plate stickers for the last few years here have been diagonally cut already. They're actually kind of hard to get on right without tearing them apart.

bing_oh

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 27, 2013, 01:54:54 AMThe plate stickers for the last few years here have been diagonally cut already. They're actually kind of hard to get on right without tearing them apart.

The Ohio ones are extra adhesive and tear easily too. They also have the plate number to which they're assigned right on the sticker, so it might look good from a distance if you do manage to steal one, but it's obvious upon closer inspection.

CALL_911

Quote from: TurboDan on August 26, 2013, 11:49:50 PM
Deal is a rough one for "proactive" policing. If you're not a multi-millionaire member of the Sephardi or Syrian Jewish community, you might get arrested for merely setting foot in town.  :devil:

Nice town, but very odd. And the beaches kinda suck... big cliffs down to the sand, a rock seawall, and the places that aren't like that are part of private beach clubs. It's about 45 minutes to an hour north of me, but a lot of my buddies like to try and sneak on the beaches to surf there since apparently it's a great break in some part of the town.

As an aside, it was also the site of one of the most famous recent corruption busts in U.S. history: a Syrian Jewish rabbi who made a few extra sheckles in human organ trafficking.  :lol:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/nj_corruption_probe_includes_f.html

Yeah, my boy's Syrian. Those people sure do know how to spend

2004 S2000
2016 340xi