Vuhl

Started by S204STi, August 22, 2013, 08:43:42 PM

12,000 RPM

I hate the name and the look, but if it sparks more interest in naked kit cars here I am for it.

Factory Five needs to make a cheap Ariel Atom competitor.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

hotrodalex

I'm not sure why everyone hates the styling. Looks pretty nice to me. :huh:

SVT666

I don't like the styling either.

S204STi

Styling is meh, but I like the idea of it. I really want to build one of those ff roadsters that uses wrx donor parts someday. Similar performance, I imagine.

Secret Chimp

It looks like an inverted ice cream sandwich.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

MexicoCityM3

This is the second try at building a local car. For some reason both initial efforts have been directed to building a track day special.

And both are ludicrously expensive for what they offer. Maybe one of these will show up at our track events and I could review it.

If you ask me, what Mexico needs is something much bolder, one of our huge conglomerates/billionaires should invest in starting a real car company. We have all the local talent, supply chain, etc that is necessary to do something similar to what Korea did a few decades ago and launch a real car company.

This car, like the Mastretta, is way too expensive for what it offers.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

MX793

No uglier than the X-bow or Atom.  It would be nice if somebody could produce one of these featherweight toys for a price that a person who isn't raking in half a million a year could afford (and that doesn't come in a box with a "some assembly required").
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on August 23, 2013, 01:01:32 PM
This is the second try at building a local car. For some reason both initial efforts have been directed to building a track day special.

And both are ludicrously expensive for what they offer. Maybe one of these will show up at our track events and I could review it.

If you ask me, what Mexico needs is something much bolder, one of our huge conglomerates/billionaires should invest in starting a real car company. We have all the local talent, supply chain, etc that is necessary to do something similar to what Korea did a few decades ago and launch a real car company.

I'd buy a Mexican car.  Hell, I pretty much already have. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

r0tor

Love it... Except for the price and not being street legal
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Payman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 23, 2013, 02:28:48 AM
I hate the name and the look, but if it sparks more interest in naked kit cars here I am for it.

Factory Five needs to make a cheap Ariel Atom competitor.

They do. The 818 kit costs $9900 and does 3.8 to 60 on a 270 hp WRX engine. The kit's designed to be completed for $15,000, depending on donor cost. Not too fond of their first design, but they plan on making at least 3 different body styles.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on August 23, 2013, 01:01:32 PM

TTAC said the cost of creating a whole new car platform is something like.... either 1 or 10 billion dollars. And that's with the existing infrastructure of an established company

Financially, that door is pretty much closed (new high volume car manufacturer). Track day specials and kit cars are pretty much the only ways in. Think back to how little regulation etc there was when companies like GM and Ford came out... as well as people's larger stomachs for short term losses in the interests of long term gains.

Quote from: Rockraven on August 24, 2013, 09:48:33 AM
They do. The 818 kit costs $9900 and does 3.8 to 60 on a 270 hp WRX engine. The kit's designed to be completed for $15,000, depending on donor cost. Not too fond of their first design, but they plan on making at least 3 different body styles.
Ooo I forgot about the 818. Not crazy about the WRX motors though.

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs