Pics- 07 Suburban

Started by TBR, November 14, 2005, 01:35:12 PM

J86

No way they paid that much. Actual purchase price on these tihngs is so much lower...don;t get me started on that whole mess...  I just like the damn trucks!  I'm obviously no troll...

ifcar

QuoteIt's quite likely, these days people want sunroofs, heated seats, and rear entertainment systems.
And an 06 Suburban LT 4WD with those items included stickers at $48k, with a CarsDirect Target Price of $39k.

J86

QuoteSuburbans are nice to ride in, though I don't get why anybody would choose to drive one aside from covered hauling requirements of some sort. A friend I used to know had an early 90s model (it had wheels likethis one) and it was pretty quiet and smooth. I remember getting picked up in it once when our Citation was sliding off the road from the ice after one visit; that is one advantage I can give heavy-as-hell SUVs - crushing traction the hell out of anything they want to.
I sure as hell wouldn't want it as my only car, but I love driving it periodically.  It's fun to be huge sometimes.  See over all the other Utes, and its awesome to be able to throw countless bodies and gear in the thing and not ahve to worry aobut it.  I can fit my whole rig in there, no need to tie iton the roof.  And it tows like a bastard!

Oh, in the rain, hanging the ass end of that thing out gets GREAT reactoins!

Raza

QuoteSuburbans are nice to ride in, though I don't get why anybody would choose to drive one aside from covered hauling requirements of some sort. A friend I used to know had an early 90s model (it had wheels likethis one) and it was pretty quiet and smooth. I remember getting picked up in it once when our Citation was sliding off the road from the ice after one visit; that is one advantage I can give heavy-as-hell SUVs - crushing traction the hell out of anything they want to.
I sure as hell wouldn't want it as my only car, but I love driving it periodically.  It's fun to be huge sometimes.  See over all the other Utes, and its awesome to be able to throw countless bodies and gear in the thing and not ahve to worry aobut it.  I can fit my whole rig in there, no need to tie iton the roof.  And it tows like a bastard!

Oh, in the rain, hanging the ass end of that thing out gets GREAT reactoins!
Especially from the traffic accident unit which pulls you out after you rollover into a ditch.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

280Z Turbo

Quoteand its awesome to be able to throw countless bodies and gear in the thing and not ahve to worry about it.
Whoa! If I was throwing countless dead bodies in any car, I'd worry about it!

J86

Dude live ones oyu know aht i mean.

And Raza, you gotta try to roll these thinfs,

Raghavan

QuoteDude live ones oyu know aht i mean.

Handbrake + dry pavement = smooshed Suburban. ;)  

280Z Turbo

Handbrake on a Suburban?!!!

Hell, handbrake on ANY GM car?!!!

;)  

Raghavan

;)
Fine, footbrake then. :D
Does the soltice have a footbrake parking brake too? And the corvette? :o  

thewizard16

I've owned 4 different suburbans, and it would not be all that difficult to roll one if you did something the least bit stupid or an emergency maneuver at too high a speed.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

giant_mtb

You could probably roll just about any SUV you wanted if you really tried.  Just got 80 MPH, jam the wheel to the right as much as you can, and you're probably good.  And dead.

Raghavan

QuoteYou could probably roll just about any SUV you wanted if you really tried.  Just got 80 MPH, jam the wheel to the right as much as you can, and you're probably good.  And dead.
You don't have to go that fast, and i don't think you'd die eithr.

Raza

;)
Fine, footbrake then. :D
Does the soltice have a footbrake parking brake too? And the corvette? :o
Nope.  The only manual car with a foot operated e-brake is the C class.

You can't see the brake, but you can see the brake release.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

VetteZ06

QuoteI think they're slated for an 08 redesign on the GMT900 platform, probably with the same styling as their SUV cousins.
Actually, I think we should be seeing the new trucks somewhere in the near future. Aren't they going on sale next year?

And everything I've heard indicates they'll be styled differently than the SUVs.

TBR

Everything also indicated that the Yukon and Escalade would be completely different from the Tahoe, and that sure didn't happen.

bobwill

mehhh, I'm not an SUV guy.  Really, the only SUVs I'd even consider would be the Saturn Vue with V6 or a Jeep Liberty diesel. (Obviously for two different tasks, as basically the two vehicles are complete antipoles)

Does anyone think that it's a bad sign when they said they're speeding up the introduction???  I mean, the problems with the early for Focus Focus in this country came from the fact that they sped up the introduction. :(

ifcar

QuoteI think they're slated for an 08 redesign on the GMT900 platform, probably with the same styling as their SUV cousins.
Actually, I think we should be seeing the new trucks somewhere in the near future. Aren't they going on sale next year?

And everything I've heard indicates they'll be styled differently than the SUVs.
I'd heard 07 SUVs, 08 pickups, shared styling. Anything could happen though, and I'd expect at least the bumpers to change between the Tahoe and Silverado and Yukon and Sierra.  

280Z Turbo

QuoteDoes anyone think that it's a bad sign when they said they're speeding up the introduction???  I mean, the problems with the early for Focus Focus in this country came from the fact that they sped up the introduction. :(
IIRC, the 1988 GM trucks were rushed to the market. They definately had quality issues.

Will history repeat itself? Hopefully not.

TBR

Remember GM was coming off of a major strike when the GMT800s were first produced, that might have had something to do with quality problems.

Edit- for some reason I thought 280z said 1998 not 1988 (1998 wouldn't be right anyway).

ifcar

1998 CY would be correct for the Silverado/Sierra.  

TBR

Yeah, but I was talking about model year.