UPDATED: The Mystery Behind the MY14 Honda Civic Coupe?

Started by Atomic, September 14, 2013, 02:52:06 PM

Atomic

UPDATED BY ATOMIC: Pic of a 2014-MY Honda Civic Coupe added on Saturday, 10/16/2013... Tom

From Our Good Friends and Fellow Auto Enthusiasts at Temple of VTEC...

Update coming for 2014 Civic Coupe
Date: September 11, 2013 14:11
Submitted by: JeffX
Source: Brian Williams
Credibility Rating: Not Specified

We've received a tip from Brian Williams (@SpyPhotographer) that Honda was spotted shooting PR photography for a refreshed 2014 Civic Coupe. We don't know what the updates entail yet, but as we reported several months ago, we know that the 2014 Civic will retire the 5-speed automatic transmission in favor of an Earth Dreams CVT. It's still unknown whether or not the 140hp R18 will be updated to Earth Dreams specs, but we're expecting impressive fuel economy numbers on the Monroney sticker.

We will post more info as it comes in.

Last edited by JeffX on September 11, 2013 14:13

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Galaxy

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 14, 2013, 02:53:51 PM
Earth Dreams CVT?

:wtf:

Their last F1 car (2008) was the Earth Dream car.

Of course one reason for that was, that they were unable to find any real sponsors.

MX793

Quote from: r0tor on September 14, 2013, 03:06:37 PM
Goes with the unicorn fart exhaust system

Actually, I believe it's officially called the Unicorn Super Break Wind Dream Tube exhaust
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Atomic

Sorry about my slow computer response time today. The text posted without a glitch but it took a bit for the photo to download.

I have been awaiting news of the rumored changes to the Honda Civic for the 2014 model year for quite sometime, as we plan on buying a new 2013 or '14 Civic EX or EX-L this fall. It will be a second car, as many of you may recall me talking about around the time of the great New York North American International Auto Show of 2013. Nevertheless, in what I think is surprise move, Honda is planning some additional significant enhancements to the already very well received MY13 makeover of its Civic lineup for 2014.

Some, if not all Civic models are rumored to be making their debut in December '13.

Here's what I have been told by a Honda of America insider about ideas seriously bantered about for the 2014 Civic line-up early in its development. Everything on the list (below) has been explored thoroughly but despite being good friends from our college days, he either cannot or will not reveal anything beyond the initial product planners' wish list.

Honda has allegedly set out to build upon the strengths of the '13 Civic year-by-year until the next generation model arrives but also vowing (behind closed doors) not to raise prices beyond a mere $125-200 per vehicle in a single model year... So here is what Honda seemingly set out to do for the MY14 Civic models:

- Six (6) speed manual transmissions will replace all five (5) speed manuals
- Five (5) speed automatic transmissions will be replaced by a similar CVT found in the all new 2013/14 Honda Accords (Confirmed)
- CVT will be std. on ALL EX and EX-L models (Confirmed)
- Manual transmission will be std. on LX models (Confirmed)
- CVT will be an option on LX models (Confirmed)
- Modern Steal Metallic will replace Polish Metal Metallic (Confirmed), other color changes: TBA
- Paddle shifters are expected on certain trim lines
- Blind lane spot supplemental safety systems will become available
- State of the art and far more user friendly navigation systems (or NAVI as Honda calls them) will replace its once "best in the business" NAVI technology
- Si models (coupes and sedans) will harken back to "the good 'ol days" in every way imaginable -- speed, handling, looks, effects, etc.
- Si models will indeed get the Earth Dreams engine for MY14 (even if other models await the next full redesign for MY15 or '16)
- Two (2) door coupes may actually be reworked into three (3) door hatchback designs
- More to come... but I must search for the email...

;)

12,000 RPM

I wonder if they are going to make the decklid higher than the roof this go round
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

FlatBlackCaddy

"earth dreams"

FFS

:rolleyes:

You know, I've always liked honda. I look forward to the day when they make a car that I'd like to buy.

MX793

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on September 14, 2013, 06:33:54 PM
"earth dreams"

FFS

:rolleyes:

You know, I've always liked honda. I look forward to the day when they make a car that I'd like to buy.

Maybe sounds cooler when translated into Japanese?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: MX793 on September 14, 2013, 06:35:05 PM
Maybe sounds cooler when translated into Japanese?

"eawth dweems"

Nope, not seeing it.

Atomic

Honda Rushes a Refreshed Civic Coupe to Market for MY14

The Honda Civic range has been quickly refreshed [2013-MY and for '14] following significant complaints [RE: MY12] Civic that the car had taken a major step backwards in terms of cabin refinement, lackluster design, and cheapened driving dynamics.

BY NICK KURCZEWSKI / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2013, 3:23 PM

The 2014 Honda Civic Coupe will be shown [in its entirety] on November 5, during a press conference held at the annual SEMA show in Las Vegas, Nevada...

Above Photo, The 2014-MY Honda Civic Si Coupe

MORE INFORMATION: Forthcoming within days (According to Honda insiders)

BEST RESOURCE: http://automobiles.honda.com/2014-civic/ (Honda of America)

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Atomic

We are still planning on purchasing a 2014 Honda Civic, so this news is exciting considering that the next Civic line-up for '14 will have far more features than our current (loaded) MY10 Civic EX sedan. The highly rumored (and recently confirmed) CVT should bring about even better MPG to an already stellar, fuel efficient car. The back-up camera (std. across the board) added for MY13 is one welcomed change!! The 2010 Civic will remain in the family. It has been a gem. After hearing about enhancements to the Civic coupe for MY14, the EX, EX-L and EX-L NAVI are in the running. Initially, we were thinking only of the an EX model line 4-door.

2014 HONDA CIVIC COUPE OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE*

October 25, 2013

With major improvements inside and out, the 2013 Civic was our best Civic yet. But we're not stopping there. We're keeping the excitement alive with the 2014 Civic Coupe and going back to our roots to do so.

Arguably the key vehicle sparking the original import tuner movement of the late 1980's and early 1990's, the Honda Civic has been the platform of choice for those seeking personalization potential and built-in performance coupled with unmatched reliability. The 2014 Civic Coupe will honor that proud tradition by making its debut among its most ardent fans at the 2013 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show on November 5th.

More photos and information for the whole 2014 Civic lineup will be available soon, so keep checking back to find out more about the car that the industry and drivers are all going to love.

Atomic

Amazing how Honda can keep the covers on a new/improved upon vehicle right down to the last minute, i.e., the MY14 Civic Coupe, '14 Si. To be unveiled at SEMA and featured below at 9:30 a.m. PT, The 2014 Honda Civic:

http://automobiles.honda.com/2014-civic/