PICS! New Cadillac Escalade for 2015

Started by Atomic, September 14, 2013, 06:45:33 PM

TBR

Quote from: 93JC on October 19, 2013, 08:10:27 PM
'90s?

True..but I feel like during the '90s it was kind of positioned as a luxury alternative to the Suburban. Don't think that was true earlier.

TBR

Quote from: Catman on October 21, 2013, 05:03:12 AM
The 2-door Explorer was awful.

At some point in my life (probably 8-9), I really wanted a 2-door red 2nd gen. Shows what I knew.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on October 21, 2013, 06:03:18 AM
And they had the nerve to sell a Mazda version..........  :facepalm:

Wait there was a Mazda version of the Explorer?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Gotta-Qik-C7

Yep! The Navajo! MT 1991 Truck Of The Year!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Navajo
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

93JC

FYI it wasn't sold in Canada, Ed. Probably why you didn't know it existed.

Same with the Honda Passport and Acura SLX, which were rebadged Isuzu Rodeos and Troopers respectively.

93JC

Quote from: TBR on October 21, 2013, 08:48:58 PM
True..but I feel like during the '90s it was kind of positioned as a luxury alternative to the Suburban. Don't think that was true earlier.

Not really. It was positioned pretty much exactly the same as it was before: the shorter, 2-door version of the Suburban. It wasn't quite as expressedly 'sporty' though, being that it didn't have a removable top anymore.

SVT_Power

Quote from: 93JC on October 21, 2013, 10:09:43 PM
FYI it wasn't sold in Canada, Ed. Probably why you didn't know it existed.

Same with the Honda Passport and Acura SLX, which were rebadged Isuzu Rodeos and Troopers respectively.

The Honda Passport I've actually seen around, dunno what this SLX is though
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Galaxy on October 20, 2013, 02:46:09 AM
Neither did I. Of all the vehicles to be turned into two doors, full size SUVs would be at the bottom of my list. It just seems like an oxymoron.

Think of it this way: Most earlier SUVs were based on standard cab pickups, which always had two doors. Four door pickups never really got popular until the SUV thing was an established segment.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

93JC

Quote from: SVT_Power on October 21, 2013, 11:09:19 PM
The Honda Passport I've actually seen around, dunno what this SLX is though

Isuzu Trooper with an Acura badge.