2015 Mustang Conceptualized Below is Said to Look Like "The Real Thing"

Started by Atomic, October 15, 2013, 01:47:35 PM

Cobra93

Quote from: GoCougs on January 02, 2014, 04:25:14 PM
Do you know what a live rear axle is?
I believe there's one located between the rear wheels of this car.

Mustangfan2003

GoCougs

Wow, trying too hard to ape the Camaro's tank turret styling, and it didn't come out too well:

SVT666

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the tiny windows.  I will take a current Stang thank you.

Secret Chimp

Yeah that only looks right at a glance, then it looks like the greenhouse is 2/3 scale to the rest of the car.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Rupert

I think I have to see in person. I kind of get the impression that it looks smaller than in these photos.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

FoMoJo

Quote from: GoCougs on January 22, 2014, 10:31:39 PM
Wow, trying too hard to ape the Camaro's tank turret styling, and it didn't come out too well:

Bad photo.  Accent lines are not visible.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT666

Quote from: Rupert on January 23, 2014, 01:30:50 AM
I think I have to see in person. I kind of get the impression that it looks smaller than in these photos.
The trunk is 3" lower than the current car and the roof is almost that much lower, and the hood is over an inch lower.  Apparently it looks fantastic in person, but the windows actually look smaller than the Camaro's.

MX793

I think the rake of the a pillars tends to make the side glass look narrower as well.  The current car's a pillars are more upright.

The trunk is 3" lower than before while the hood and roof are both an inch and change.  Based on that, the side glass shouldn't be much shorter than they are now.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

FoMoJo

The only minor complaint I have with the style is the angle of the tail light enclosure...although I can see why it's done that way.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Galaxy

MX793

I wonder what it would have looked like if they'd canted the tail lights the other way (like a shark nose only in the back, a la the '68 fastback)?

I would also really like the see a picture of someone sitting in the car to see where the window sill ends up relative to their head and shoulders.  Based on the numbers, the side glass should not be much shorter than the current car, but it looks like it is noticeably shorter.  Looking at the current car, I notice that the window sill line is flat, or perhaps even slopes a little downward, as you move from front to back before the kick-up just aft of the door.  The new car no longer has the kick-up line at the rear quarter window, which makes me wonder if they raised the window sill.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

r0tor

I think a lot of those pics from the auto show are suffering from some wide angle lens distortion which make it look longer/lower
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FlatBlackCaddy

From the side it looks like the front is alittle too "blunt", I'm guessing due to the pedestrian safety standards.

Also looks like too much metal above the front wheel(from the side view), this also doesn't help the bulk of the front end IMO.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MX793

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on March 17, 2014, 05:32:57 PM
From the side it looks like the front is alittle too "blunt", I'm guessing due to the pedestrian safety standards.

Also looks like too much metal above the front wheel(from the side view), this also doesn't help the bulk of the front end IMO.

I think that's because the hood is flatter over the mid-section (for pedestrian safety, I'm sure), only tapering down in the front 1/4 of the hood.  My car's hood starts sloping downward right at the base of the windshield, resulting in less metal between front wheel and hood at the point where the two are the closest.
Needs more Jiggawatts

MX793

I missed out on a chance to see one in the flesh last month.  Every year there's an auto expo locally; hosted by the local auto dealers.  It's usually just a display of cars that are currently in production and on sale, provided by local dealers, and maybe a few local classics or show cars.  Not like any major car show with concepts and manufacturer reps.  Nothing too exciting, so I never bother to go.  I was looking through some photos from this year's show and saw that there was a '15 Mustang on display, so I'm kicking myself for not going.
Needs more Jiggawatts

FoMoJo

I saw the new Mustangs at the local Auto Show a month or so ago.  Gorgeous.  There was an entry level one on display with the only option being a special green paint.  Oddly, it was the least expensive car in the entire Ford display...including all the Fiestas, Focuses and C-Maxes.  Around $Cdn.25K.  A real bargain for what you get.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 17, 2014, 07:19:12 PM
I saw the new Mustangs at the local Auto Show a month or so ago.  Gorgeous.  There was an entry level one on display with the only option being a special green paint.  Oddly, it was the least expensive car in the entire Ford display...including all the Fiestas, Focuses and C-Maxes.  Around $Cdn.25K.  A real bargain for what you get.

What engine did the car have? 

68_427

Quote from: MX793 on March 17, 2014, 06:15:35 PM
I missed out on a chance to see one in the flesh last month.  Every year there's an auto expo locally; hosted by the local auto dealers.  It's usually just a display of cars that are currently in production and on sale, provided by local dealers, and maybe a few local classics or show cars.  Not like any major car show with concepts and manufacturer reps.  Nothing too exciting, so I never bother to go.  I was looking through some photos from this year's show and saw that there was a '15 Mustang on display, so I'm kicking myself for not going.

That's where I saw this one.  Was silver with black multispoke wheels.  I wanted to hate it but I couldn't
'racecar is die'
no

68_427

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on March 17, 2014, 09:15:33 PM
What engine did the car have? 

Considering the only option it had was paint I'd assume it was the 3.7L
'racecar is die'
no