Mustang shooting brake station wagon hatchback van omg bbq!!!!1

Started by Eye of the Tiger, November 01, 2013, 02:50:27 PM

Eye of the Tiger

This deserves its own thread. :muffin:
Coming next April from your local Newport yacht builder...

The Strand Craft Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake Wagon Widebody!

But what I really want is to see this body style across the board. I will take one with the V6 performance package.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Onslaught

I find all of these shooting brake cars to be ugly as hell. Every last one of them.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Eye of the Tiger

mzziaz

I was almost gonna give this a pass as a nonugly shooting brake. Then I noticed the god damned gauges on the A pillar.
Cuore Sportivo

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Catman on November 01, 2013, 05:55:37 PM
Yeah I really hate those gauges.

You don't even know what gauges they are. The top one is oil pressure, the middle one is boost, and the bottom one is penis size.

Soup DeVille

A-pillar mounted gauges scream "cheesy aftermarket" to me. One, mounted as close to the bottom as possible is about all I'd tolerate.

Plus, it just looks like they're wanting to bash me in the head someday.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Catman

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on November 01, 2013, 07:22:47 PM
You don't even know what gauges they are. The top one is oil pressure, the middle one is boost, and the bottom one is penis size.

:lol:

FlatBlackCaddy

12,000 RPM

Man you guys hate any kind of non OEM deviation

How boring
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 01, 2013, 09:00:30 PM

How boring
No, i like this car quite a bit. I just don't like a-pillar gauges.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

Onslaught

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 01, 2013, 09:00:30 PM

How boring
I'm a boring guy. I like my sports cars to be sports cars. Not fucked up family vans with useless extra space not big enough to really help with anything. Oh, and they all look like shit too.

Soup DeVille

I don't see anything uncool about a sports car with enough space to carry its own race tires to the track.

Onslaught

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 01, 2013, 10:07:54 PM
I don't see anything uncool about a sports car with enough space to carry its own race tires to the track.
You can do that with other cars that don't look like station wagons. The guys in my RX-8 club do it all the time. Granted the RX-8 isn't a sports car. But neither is this "thing."

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Onslaught on November 01, 2013, 10:16:54 PM
You can do that with other cars that don't look like station wagons. The guys in my RX-8 club do it all the time. Granted the RX-8 isn't a sports car. But neither is this "thing."
Then why judge it against sports car standards

My car's trunk fucking sucks. I can barely carry anything in it. If they gave it a shooting brake trunk it would be so much more versatile. I don't see the problem.

My only gripe with this is how bad the photoshop is. They should have just had a 3D model made.

Eye of the Tiger

I am pretty sure my Accent is a shooting brake. A dog can sit in it, anyway.

FoMoJo

They call it a 'wide body' but it's just a fat ass...and what's with the Aston Martin-esque emblem on the bumper?  I can see where they're going with this but it just doesn't work on a Mustang.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Onslaught

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 02, 2013, 06:26:32 AM
Then why judge it against sports car standards

My car's trunk fucking sucks. I can barely carry anything in it. If they gave it a shooting brake trunk it would be so much more versatile. I don't see the problem.

My only gripe with this is how bad the photoshop is. They should have just had a 3D model made.
It would be more versatile for sure. But then it would be unbelievably ugly as hell too.  If you want lots of room then buy a real wagon, truck or SUV. I understand the idea of these cars but the end product hurts my eyes in a way that I can't get over.

12,000 RPM

Space exactly where you want it. Room for me, the wife, the dog and luggage. Fuck everybody else. Plus there is something cool about the unique body style. Man this board is so conformist sometimes. Shooting brakes are cool.

Soup DeVille

Onslaught

BARF! Those make a Panamera look good! Hey, I'm sure a shitting brake is great from the driver seat and I'm sure a shitting brake is functional too. But it can't escape the fact that it's ugly regardless of the brand.

Good god those two you posted make me want to burn my eyes out.

FlatBlackCaddy

"hey dan, I bought a awesome classic car"

"what is it greg"

"it's a Lamborghini"

"Really?"

"yup"

"which one?"

"a miura"

"ohh, sounds cool"

"it's an amazing car, it is sooo beautiful"

"i'd love to see it"

"here, I have a picture of it, check it out"

"uhhhhh.............what the fuck is that"

"its a lamborghini miura, but it's custom, somebody made it into a shooting brake. It's awesome and super rare, look at all the storage space"

"but, it looks like shit"

"it's fucking awesome man, it's got this little door in the back that lifts up and I can put stuff in it......."

" :facepalm:"

FlatBlackCaddy

OMG, toyota just announced they are doing a corrolla 2 door shooting brake.

:wanker:

Onslaught

It be like becoming rich and going out and buying a Ferrari FF. Even if you're driving a Ferrari I'd have no respect for your car taste. Not that it matter what I thought.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Onslaught on November 02, 2013, 09:08:26 PM
It be like becoming rich and going out and buying a Ferrari FF. Even if you're driving a Ferrari I'd have no respect for your car taste. Not that it matter what I thought.
Man I dont care what people think of my tastes now. I would probably be unbearable if I owned a Ferrari. That said I def wouldn't buy a damn FF. But dudes who own them are doing something right that I'm not.