2015 Chevy Colorado

Started by Mustangfan2003, November 19, 2013, 02:31:59 PM

GoCougs

Quote from: S204STi on November 20, 2013, 07:33:15 AM
Get a room and have an angry fuck with him and get over whatever it is that draws you two together...

I get dibs on top!

68_427

Launch engines will be the 2.5 and 3.6, but a year later the 2.8 duramax will be available.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

3.0L V6

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on November 19, 2013, 11:08:05 PM
I kinda thought the 4.3 could've been in the mix since it's been around for ages and it's OHV.  Interested to see how the diesel will do.

They designed a new 4.3L based on the new generation aluminum V8. It's still a 90 degree design, so it's probably too wide for the Colorado's engine bay.

Then again, they did wedge the 5.3L V8 into the last Colorado.

68_427

Toyota seems concerned.  They've started sending out surveys to recent Tacoma buyers.

QuoteThank you for your interest in this study and for your continued participation in the Toyota Owners' Intersection.

In this survey, we'll be asking for your opinions about various engines that could one day power your future truck. We would be very grateful if you could take a few minutes to tell us your thoughts by clicking on the link below:

This study includes vehicle images. To see these images in detail, we recommend that you take this survey on a computer or tablet, not on a smart phone.

Please note that this survey will be open through 11:59pm Pacific on Thursday, November 21st, 2013.

Thank you again for your time and thoughts. They are both very much appreciated.

The Toyota Owners' Intersection Team

+++

This study will ask you to think about various engines that could potentially power your future truck.

In the next section, we'd like you to imagine that you are shopping for a midsize truck to replace your Tacoma, and you are trying to decide which type of engine to buy.

You can either get a base 4-cylinder gasoline engine, or an OPTIONAL engine with different:

• Engine type: diesel, hybrid or gasoline
• MPG
• Engine size
• Towing capacity
• 0-60 acceleration
• Added cost over the base engine

On the following screens, you will see different engine options - simply choose the one you like best.

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding different engine configurations. Your opinions will have an impact on the trucks that Toyota builds in the future. Thank you for your participation!
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Catman

It does look a lot like a Tacoma.

giant_mtb

I'd very much like a Colorado-sized truck.  I'd like to have one as a company/secondary vehicle some day.  Use it as a loaner vehicle, haul things, tow things, winter it, use it as a showcase for my services.

CJ

It looks a LOT like a Tacoma...but that's not a bad thing. The Tacoma is old now, but it's still very good.

Submariner

Who knows.  Chevy has been making cars that don't suck ass lately - maybe this will continue that trend?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

giant_mtb

What's this thing based on now?  Equinox?

Submariner

Quote from: giant_mtb on November 22, 2013, 06:16:37 PM

Equinox is a FWD platform IIRC.  I think the current truck shares it's underpinnings with the old Trailblazer...not sure though.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Rupert

Trucks aren't based on SUVs; SUVs are based on trucks!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Mustangfan2003

I think I had read that this truck has more in common with the new Silverado than the Colorado sold elsewhere. 

2o6

An Isuzu. Like the old one.

S204STi

Quote from: Submariner on November 22, 2013, 06:19:23 PM
I think the current truck shares it's underpinnings with the old Trailblazer...not sure though.

Nope.  It's on an entirely different platform from the Envoy/Trailblazer et al.

S204STi

Quote from: 2o6 on November 22, 2013, 11:34:09 PM

An Isuzu. Like the old one.

Well, shit.  That's not good news.

Galaxy

Apparently this will come to Europe with the 2.8 200hp I4 diesel.

Payman

Quote from: Rupert on November 22, 2013, 06:27:15 PM
Trucks aren't based on SUVs; SUVs are based on trucks!

Ridgeline.

Payman

Quote from: 2o6 on November 19, 2013, 10:34:33 PM

Looks like the same generic GM 2.5L and 3.6L.

I don't know how I feel about this.

I feel like a small car based ute or coupe utility would be better for the market.

Like this

While I like these Utes and would love to have one, they would't do well in the market. With the Ranger dead, GM should do quite well with these new trucks.

Rupert

Quote from: Rockraven on November 23, 2013, 09:11:55 AM
Ridgeline.

That's a cute ute with a bed, and for the purposes of my argument cute ute /= SUV.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Mustangfan2003

MX793

Quote from: Submariner on November 22, 2013, 06:19:23 PM
Equinox is a FWD platform IIRC.  I think the current truck shares it's underpinnings with the old Trailblazer...not sure though.

The old Colorado/Canyon was on the GMT355 platform, which is unrelated to the Trailblazer/Envoy (GMT360) that we know.  The new Colorado is just a refresh of the old platform based on everything I could find.  There's a new Trailblazer in some foreign markets built on the Colorado platform (unrelated to our Trailblazer).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

2o6

Quote from: S204STi on November 23, 2013, 01:10:26 AM
Well, shit.  That's not good news.

Why not? I think GM had more of a hand this time around. The foreign market Trailblazer is basically an SUV'ed one of these.

Quote from: Rockraven on November 23, 2013, 09:15:39 AM
While I like these Utes and would love to have one, they would't do well in the market. With the Ranger dead, GM should do quite well with these new trucks.

I feel if they were dirt cheap (like 13K), they would do very well.

Mustangfan2003

I hope the truck does well, maybe that would get Ford back into the game. 

S204STi

Quote from: 2o6 on November 24, 2013, 02:49:22 PM
Why not? I think GM had more of a hand this time around. The foreign market Trailblazer is basically an SUV'ed one of these.

I feel if they were dirt cheap (like 13K), they would do very well.

I hope they had a hand in un-fucking it, because the previous truck had a terrible chassis.  It only approached "acceptable" when used for the H3, which drives relatively OK. Still needs work.

sparkplug

numerically lower gears gears are taller than numerically higher gears..

for example to numerically lower 3.05 is a taller gear than a 3.55
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.