Honda Vezel

Started by 2o6, November 20, 2013, 06:27:03 PM

2o6

Eye of the Tiger

Stupid name. Probably gets 23 mpg in real life.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

Headed to the US likely, uses Honda's new "Earth Dreams" shit.

Raza

Looks decent, actually.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Vezel - sounds like some kind of monster from a Grimm fairy tale.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Galaxy

Honda styling is getting better again.

TurboDan

I'll reserve judgment on the interior but the exterior looks great. Too many manufacturers make their B-segment cars look cartoonish. This one looks like it has some class. Nice job, Honda.

Xer0

It looks really good for what it is.  And while Earth Dreams is a pretty dumb name (for whatever reason, the Japanese love putting together random English words), I'm sure it'll post great numbers.

Soup DeVille

Vezel: rhymes with bezel, or rhymes with weasel?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Atomic

I am so late to the party AGAIN!! Lol...

Here is what I found. A few different pics. So busy w/ family and test driving cars, I am so behind my auto news.

A New Small Sized Sport Utility Vehicle from Honda
Source: Temple of VETEC
Thnx TOV

Atomic

What a Difference a Change in Color Can Make?!

Well... An Angle, too  :lol:

Credit: Pics from TOV

MrH

Quote from: 2o6 on November 21, 2013, 07:51:13 PM
Headed to the US likely, uses Honda's new "Earth Dreams" shit.

Yeah, it's coming here.  Should be a good, competitive vehicle I would think.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

2o6

Quote from: MrH on November 30, 2013, 08:14:00 PM
Yeah, it's coming here.  Should be a good, competitive vehicle I would think.

Like a Juke, but slow.

Or a Buick Encore, but not as nice.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on November 30, 2013, 08:25:02 PM

Like a Juke, but slow.

Or a Buick Encore, but not as nice.

Like a Juke but fuel-efficient (hopefully); like an Encore but not expensive.

MrH

Yeah, more like a fuel efficient, non-ugly Juke.  That plus the Honda badge = sales success!

2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SVT32V

It is still ugly, just not as ugly as the CRV. The front end is way overdone, nearly juke like, but the side profile isn't bad. This looks like what a crv should look like rather than the squatting, defecating dog look that it has now.

TurboDan

Quote from: 2o6 on November 30, 2013, 08:25:02 PM

Like a Juke, but slow.

Like a Juke, but doesn't look like an absolutely cheap joke/cartoon of a car.

QuoteOr a Buick Encore, but not as nice.

Or a Buick Encore, but likely cheaper while maintaining a classy character on the road.

12,000 RPM

I have a full on BBC chub for these little cute utes

I know they are fucking useless but I don't care. I want to put my wife in a Tiguan or Q5.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MrH

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 02, 2013, 09:51:15 AM
I have a full on BBC chub for these little cute utes

I know they are fucking useless but I don't care. I want to put my wife in a Tiguan or Q5.

:wtf:  I guess I can understand the appeal.  It doesn't even get me half mast personally :lol:

Just a heads up, this thing is going to be tiny.  Far smaller than a Tiguan or Q5.  Not sure why this thread was started in The Big Guys.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

AutobahnSHO

Why don't they just make the fit look like this??????

Seems totally pointless to me...    But then Forester is selling like hotcakes, and I can't figure that one out, either...
Will

12,000 RPM

Mini SUVs just look better than small hatches. Why? Better wheel to metal ratio.

Though there are some pretty strange ones out there. The EX35 for example looks like the lovechild of a G37 and an old Mazda3. But I feel like B segment SUVs strike the right visual balance.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

TBR

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on December 02, 2013, 06:09:01 PM
Why don't they just make the fit look like this??????

Seems totally pointless to me...    But then Forester is selling like hotcakes, and I can't figure that one out, either...

The Forester is great. I don't know if it's actually smaller than the Outback or not, but it at least feels more nimble / compact.

This thing is has a bit too much going on stylistically. I do like the interior though.

2o6

veeman

The disadvantage of being slightly higher off the ground compared with a sedan/coupe is less high speed stability on twisty roads.  Also slightly worse gas mileage probably due to wind resistance. 

There is no street legal high speed in the US.  Most roads are straight.  Gas is cheap.

The advantage of being slightly higher off the ground is better clearance for snow and easier entry and exit from the car particularly for middle aged and older folk. Also being tall is better than being short.

The one caveat I find is that most of these smaller SUVs, outside of Jeep, are girly cars.  They just are.   

veeman

Of course I drive a beetle so WTF do I know.

CALL_911

Quote from: MrH on December 02, 2013, 12:04:46 PM
:wtf:  I guess I can understand the appeal.  It doesn't even get me half mast personally :lol:

Just a heads up, this thing is going to be tiny.  Far smaller than a Tiguan or Q5.  Not sure why this thread was started in The Big Guys.

I feel like this board should be renamed "The Tall Guys'

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on August 31, 2014, 12:10:47 AM
Somehow, the Chinese market car ends up with a better looking car.

To my eye, they have slightly more attractive headlights but we have a bumper without a huge chunk of gray plastic (which would look even worse on models without foglights), and overall they look pretty darn similar.

CALL_911

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 03, 2013, 08:36:47 AM
Mini SUVs just look better than small hatches. Why? Better wheel to metal ratio.

Though there are some pretty strange ones out there. The EX35 for example looks like the lovechild of a G37 and an old Mazda3. But I feel like B segment SUVs strike the right visual balance.

I've always liked the EX35 a lot. I still want one, actually

2004 S2000
2016 340xi