My New Audi A6

Started by dazzleman, December 28, 2013, 01:32:12 PM

Pommes-T

Awesome, awesome car. Congratulations. And a pretty damn strong engine. I wish you lots of fun with it.   :partyon:
'00 BMW 523i

Rupert

Well, Dave, I guess you had better change your sig pic!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

AltinD

Yeah, I would absolutely love myself a A6 3.0T too, especially in the S-Line trim

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Lebowski

dazzleman

Quote from: Rupert on December 29, 2013, 04:14:08 AM
Well, Dave, I guess you had better change your sig pic!

Thanks for reminding me.  I just changed it.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

dazzleman

Quote from: Lebowski on December 29, 2013, 06:59:20 AM
Very nice choice.

You'd love it, I think.  The engine's responsiveness to the driver's right foot would be very appealing to you.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: r0tor on December 29, 2013, 08:44:21 AM
Very nice!

Thanks man.  I love it so far.  It is one sexy beast.

dazzleman

Quote from: Pommes-T on December 29, 2013, 04:05:04 AM
Awesome, awesome car. Congratulations. And a pretty damn strong engine. I wish you lots of fun with it.   :partyon:

Thanks Till.  As I said to Lebowski, it's very responsive to the whims of my right foot..... :evildude:

I got it up to 88 mph yesterday.  Not great, but pretty good considering the level of traffic.

dazzleman

Quote from: mzziaz on December 29, 2013, 04:39:15 AM
Nice car, congrats!

Thanks Per.  I could picture driving it around the Norwegian mountain roads.... :pullover:

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on December 28, 2013, 09:30:55 PM
:lol:  He'd be so proud of me!  I just noticed, at 103, the A6 is barely halfway to redline.  It's not even working hard at this point.  Let me know the RPM's when the speed limiter kicks in, will ya?  I need you to do that since I'm not willing to max out around here, especially with Dumpy on my tail.

Having Dumpy on your tail should only inspire you to drive faster.  :evildude:

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT666

It's okay I guess. 

Actually, that's pretty sweet Dave.  88 mph is enough for time travel so that's nothing to be ashamed of. 

Did you trade in the BMW?

Rich

So what are some of the gizmos and gadgets you find cool to use?
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT666 on December 29, 2013, 11:05:21 AM
It's okay I guess. 

Actually, that's pretty sweet Dave.  88 mph is enough for time travel so that's nothing to be ashamed of. 

Did you trade in the BMW?
Thanks Craig.  I want to do better than 88 mph but I have to wait for the right opportunity.  It's pouring rain today.  I gave the BMW to my nephew.

dazzleman

Quote from: HotRodPilot on December 29, 2013, 11:35:07 AM
So what are some of the gizmos and gadgets you find cool to use?
Still trying to learn the gizmos.  Right foot response will likely remain my favorite "gizmo" at the end of the process.  :lol: 

dazzleman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on December 28, 2013, 08:15:38 PM
You bought an audi huh, well better luck next time.

:lol:

We should race yours against mine. :devil:

Catman

I like this giant sig thread. :clap:

dazzleman

Quote from: Catman on December 29, 2013, 12:56:10 PM
I like this giant sig thread. :clap:

I need to resize the photo.  What's the right size?

Catman

Quote from: dazzleman on December 29, 2013, 01:00:13 PM
I need to resize the photo.  What's the right size?

About 5X3 pixels or a little smaller.

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on December 29, 2013, 11:43:22 AM
Thanks Craig.  I want to do better than 88 mph but I have to wait for the right opportunity.  It's pouring rain today.  I gave the BMW to my nephew.

Holy hell that's generous!

Try this for the sig:

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

veeman

Congratulations.  Love the color.  From the pics it kinda looks steel grey but dark blue exterior and saddle brown interior is sweet. 

2o6

Cute! Loving the interior  :cheers:

280Z Turbo

Nice! :ohyeah:

Audi has come a long way.

Rupert

So what is going to be the first mod? Wing? Rimz?

saxonyron

Dave, make sure around town you drive with transmission in "S" mode.  It takes 500 lbs off the car and makes it a lot more fun.  On the highway, drive in "D" since in "S" it'll stay in 7th gear and cost mileage without adding much fun.  It's plenty responsive in 8th gear at highway speeds. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: dazzleman on December 29, 2013, 11:43:22 AM
Thanks Craig.  I want to do better than 88 mph but I have to wait for the right opportunity.  It's pouring rain today. I gave the BMW to my nephew.

I'm sorry, what was that.

I thought i just heard you say "gave" and "bmw".

Interesting,

So anyway that a6 you have is getting a little long in the tooth, probably time to dump it in a few months. Feel free to give it to me when you are done.