Papa John's
10 (32.3%)
Little Caesars
1 (3.2%)
Other (local pizzerias do not apply)
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

MX793

I thought Sbarro was awful.  It was like cafeteria pizza.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Lebowski

Sbarro was pretty terrible.

Mustangfan2003

Well trust me CiCi's is much worse but what can you expect from a $5 buffet

MrH

CiCi's wasn't pizza.  It was vaguely cheese-flavored cardboard.  I watched a 400 lb kid eat 18 plates of food.  And it wasn't a few slices per plate, they were loaded up.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CALL_911

Quote from: MrH on January 16, 2014, 03:41:08 PM
CiCi's wasn't pizza.  It was vaguely cheese-flavored cardboard.  I watched a 400 lb kid eat 18 plates of food.  And it wasn't a few slices per plate, they were loaded up.

he's bulking dude

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

r0tor

Pizza hut for me but locally only at the actual pizza hut restaurants.  There are a few pizza hut take out only places and they are absolutely horrid as all they basically do is heat up frozen pizzas.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

93JC

Pizza 73!

Western Canadian chain, only in Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan, but they're far better than any of the others I've had. I'll admit that I've never even bothered trying Domino's though.

thewizard16

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on January 16, 2014, 01:51:55 PM
What do you guys think of Sbarro?  At the mall here if you can get some pizza that's fresh it isn't too bad.  I saw an ad on tv where Pizza Hut had a new hand tossed pizza that might be worth trying. 
I've never eaten at a Sbarro. If I eat something from a mall food court it's almost always Panda Express or whatever chinese-esque thing they have there. I have a friend who likes their stuffed pizza though, so it can't be all bad.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

MrH

Quote from: CALL_911 on January 16, 2014, 04:05:57 PM
he's bulking dude

Naw.  First time he ever got high his friends took him there as a joke to see how much he could eat.  No one was prepared for the food massacre that took place.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Lebowski

Those mall Chinese places are good but nasty at the same time.  Usually the first bite is good but by the end I can't stand it.

I avoid mall food courts if I can.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on January 16, 2014, 03:36:04 PM
Well trust me CiCi's is much worse but what can you expect from a $5 buffet

Its absolute crap. Trust me, if I can't eat it, its pretty damned bad. My Brother in law is all over it, but he's always been a guy of questionable taste.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

dazzleman

Quote from: Lebowski on January 17, 2014, 09:35:41 AM
Those mall Chinese places are good but nasty at the same time.  Usually the first bite is good but by the end I can't stand it.

I avoid mall food courts if I can.

I generally hate mall food courts, but I go to the food court at the mall near me on occasion because it has Taco Bell.  It's a guilty pleasure to have Taco Bell every so often.

I never eat at those Chinese places in the malls.  The MSG and sodium content has to be stratospheric.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CALL_911

Quote from: dazzleman on January 17, 2014, 06:50:36 PM
I go to the food court at the mall near me on occasion because it has Taco Bell.  It's a guilty pleasure to have Taco Bell every so often.

Good man

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Gotta-Qik-C7

Do any of you guys have Deweys Pizza in your cities?
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Laconian

I kind of want to revisit Taco Bell, but I remember the granulated ground beef grossing me out when I was in high school, and I had low standards back then. It would probably make me vomit now.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CALL_911

Taco Bell beef is disgusting. Their chicken is passable. I sub beans for beef when I go to Taco Bell, I think it's way better (even more healthy).

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rupert

Quote from: dazzleman on January 17, 2014, 06:50:36 PM
I generally hate mall food courts, but I go to the food court at the mall near me on occasion because it has Taco Bell.  It's a guilty pleasure to have Taco Bell every so often.

I never eat at those Chinese places in the malls.  The MSG and sodium content has to be stratospheric.

Nothing wrong with some MSG.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Northlands

If I eat Asian at the mall food court, it's Thai Express. I'm not sure if they're down south but they put most Chinese food places in the food court to absolute shame. I'd say they put a lot of regular Asian restaurants to shame.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Eye of the Tiger

Panda Express, orange chicken, fry rice. Unbeatable.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

See, what I do is wait until 9 pm to decide what to make for dinner, so when the answer is delivered food, the result is Dominoes. :P
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Mustangfan2003

Our mall has a good regional sandwich shop.   Our mall also has Chick fil a, Steak Escape, a Chinese place, a Cajun place, some cheap fried chicken place, Sbarro, and a ice cream place.  There is also a cookie and pretzel place in other areas of the mall.  Also there is a dine in Mexican place that replaced Ruby Tuesday. 

J86

Quote from: Raza  on January 16, 2014, 09:56:17 AM
I'm with you on the comfort food aspect.  Pizza Hut will take me back to my childhood, when Pizza Hut sponsored a reading program...read a certain number of books and you got a free personal pan pizza.  You'd read you book, the teacher would give you a star that would go on a pin.  When the pin filled up with stars, you would go to Pizza Hut, trade in your pin and get a new empty pin and a free personal pan pizza.

Holy shit I remember that!

JWC

We only have one national chain in town, Domino's. It has greatly improved or this one is managed very well. The other local place I've only had a salad from there and if a salad can't be prepared well, I'm not eating much else from there.

Regionally, nothing has compared to Round Table. I never had a bad meal there, even if it was a hamburger. It has been over twenty years though since I've been to one. They used to have a veggie pizza, the Guinevere's Delight. It was fantastic and never gave you heart burn. When we were short on money, we'd call in a pizza. Then after about 45 minutes or an hour, go in and ask if there were any orders not picked up. You could get a large for $5 and when they named off the ones on the shelf, you could always find the one you wanted. Sounds horrible I know, but when you are broke and can only afford beer or pizza, you cheat and find a way to have both.

Payman

Big chain in Ontario is PizzaPizza. I like theirs best of the chains, but my fave is Tomasso's... a local pizzeria.

Northlands

Quote from: Rockraven on January 19, 2014, 03:12:11 PM
Big chain in Ontario is PizzaPizza. I like theirs best of the chains, but my fave is Tomasso's... a local pizzeria.

I seem to like their pizza better when I am out of province. The local Pizza Pizza joints are just doing something wrong whenever I have tried them. It's even better at the hockey game than their take out locations here.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.

Byteme

Quote from: MrH on January 16, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

Nothing at CiCi's is worth eating, IMO.  But is can be entertaining watching people shovel in that crap.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Rockraven on January 19, 2014, 03:12:11 PM

I was surprised by the dearth of good pizza places, especially considering the large immigrant Italian population. Only good pizza place I found was a little Italian deli in Woodbridge (surburb of Toronto) that also happened to serve pizza. Can't remember the name of the place though. None of the chain pizza places were good at all.

NomisR

Quote from: Northlands on January 17, 2014, 08:39:22 PM
If I eat Asian at the mall food court, it's Thai Express. I'm not sure if they're down south but they put most Chinese food places in the food court to absolute shame. I'd say they put a lot of regular Asian restaurants to shame.

Most chinese food here isn't really chinese food just like most of the chain pizzas aren't really considered italian, or crap like taco bell considered mexican.  They probably resemble some sort of food that they claim their origins from, but in reality, they're just americanized version of the food..

And mongolian barbecue isn't really from mongolia either.. :lol:

Northlands

Quote from: NomisR on January 21, 2014, 12:43:52 PM
Most chinese food here isn't really chinese food just like most of the chain pizzas aren't really considered italian, or crap like taco bell considered mexican.  They probably resemble some sort of food that they claim their origins from, but in reality, they're just americanized version of the food..

And mongolian barbecue isn't really from mongolia either.. :lol:

Oh I get that. I've enough Chinese and Viet friends that I've seen what is a lot closer to authentic is like ( which would shock most white folk ). But if half the restaurants took about 80% of the candy like sauces out of the food, they'd all taste so much better.  :nutty: