Papa John's
10 (32.3%)
Little Caesars
1 (3.2%)
Other (local pizzerias do not apply)
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

CALL_911

As good as pizzeria pizza is, every now and then I find myself in the mood for a good old mass produced chain pie. I know I am not alone, what do you guys prefer

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

I'm a Pizza Hut man. The rest pale in comparison (although Domino's pan pizza is pretty damn good)

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Laconian

Papa John's was cool at first, but now I think their sauce is way too sugary.

We have a couple nice chains here, like Pagliacci or Zeek's.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Laconian

Of these choices I think I would pick Pizza Hut.

Golden Happiness Cheesy Crown Pizza

^
Don't tell me that doesn't sound tasty.

dazzleman

I voted Pizza Hut even though it sucks.  Dominos is even worse and I've never had the other options.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rupert

In these parts, Pizza Hut is barely edible. Just, like congealed grease on some grease-sponge crust. Dominoes is the way to go of those options.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

J86

Rupert

Yeah, agreed.

But it's cheap and you can order it online, so there's that.

<_<
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

CALL_911

Quote from: J86 on January 13, 2014, 08:53:03 PM
Ugh, fuck all that.

I was waiting for someone to say this. Out, heathen

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

MrH

Of the chains, Domino's is the way to go. Super cheap. Pizza Hut sauce is too sweet.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

dazzleman

Quote from: MrH on January 13, 2014, 09:17:15 PM
Of the chains, Domino's is the way to go. Super cheap. Pizza Hut sauce is too sweet.

Has Dominos gotten any better?  Last time I had it, it was like cardboard covered with congealed grease.  Disgusting.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

CALL_911

Quote from: dazzleman on January 13, 2014, 09:27:46 PM
Has Dominos gotten any better?  Last time I had it, it was like cardboard covered with congealed grease.  Disgusting.

It has, actually

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Mustangfan2003

I gotta go with Papa Johns.  At one time Pizza Hut was likely better but now it's just way too greasy to me but their pasta is decent.  Dominos has gottne better but before their pizza was gross.  Do any of you guys get Donatos?  They are really but but I think they are pretty small. 

Lebowski

Papa Johns, but they're all pretty terrible IMO.  I'm a snob and I'll go to local places.

Pizza Hut I remember being awful, but in fairness I haven't been to one in probably 10+ years.

Does mellow mushroom count?  It's a chain but a little nicer than those listed here. Decent pizza but last time I went I got muddbutt after so I won't be back for awhile.

Raza

Papa John's blows hard, Little Caesar's is pretty damn bad as well.  Domino's used to be inedible, but it's much improved now.  However, the king of the chains is still Pizza Hut.  I mean, no one else does cheese in the crust. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

In the last year Domino's has made huge gains in the quality of their pizza.  Even their advertising campaign is about how they don't suck anymore.  For me, Domino's also has the best gluten-free crust, so that kind of excludes anyone who makes a shitty gluten-free crust.

NomisR

Lately, I've been getting my pizza from Round Table Pizza.  Their pizza's actually has good mozzarella cheese on it and the crust is good too.  I think they're a west coast only chain though. 

Laconian

I have really fond memories of going to Round Table as a kid. We went there twice a month when my mom got her paycheck. Lots of time spent in that arcade room...

CALL_911

Quote from: NomisR on January 14, 2014, 10:35:26 AM
Lately, I've been getting my pizza from Round Table Pizza.  Their pizza's actually has good mozzarella cheese on it and the crust is good too.  I think they're a west coast only chain though.

I've had Round Table a couple of times. I'm pretty sure it is just a west coast chain.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Lebowski

Damn the west coast and their exclusive chains.

NomisR

Quote from: Lebowski on January 14, 2014, 12:06:27 PM
Damn the west coast and their exclusive chains.

I also like Shakeys too.. another one that's a west coast chain.. not that their pizza is all that great.. just something I grew up with.. and I like their fried chicken and potatos. 

CALL_911

I just scarfed down a frozen pizza pie from Trader Joes. The beauty of pizza is that even the worst pizza isn't offensively bad (except if it's burned or the ingredients went bad or something).

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ifcar

I don't have a strong preference between Pizza Hut and Domino's, but Papa John's is the one that I always think is supposed to be good and always disappoints me. The others have thick but light crusts with good spices. There's grease, sure, but great taste and texture.

NomisR

Quote from: ifcar on January 14, 2014, 12:55:58 PM
I don't have a strong preference between Pizza Hut and Domino's, but Papa John's is the one that I always think is supposed to be good and always disappoints me. The others have thick but light crusts with good spices. There's grease, sure, but great taste and texture.

Personally, I never liked Papa John's.  It's more expensive on average than a Pizza Hut or Domino's with the same toppings, but it's just never that good.  And at times, it taste like cardboard, especially when my company would order it for lunch for the employees... nasty.

Tave

Papa Murphy's is the best chain pizza by far, even though you have to cook it yourself.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

thewizard16

I like the "new" Domino's quite a bit, probably better than standard Pizza Hut. They definitely did a good job reinventing their product from greasy cardboard with some cheese thrown on top into something that's pretty decent. Papa John's is mediocre pizza with annoyingly sweet sauce. Little Caesar's cannot legitimately be called pizza. So I think I'll side with Domino's overall, but Pizza Hut does have the heart stopping stuffed crust, and they used to make the "Pizza Mia" style which was my favorite at the time. Not sure if that still exists though.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

NomisR

Quote from: Tave on January 14, 2014, 01:57:13 PM
Papa Murphy's is the best chain pizza by far, even though you have to cook it yourself.

I've seen their coupons floating around, are they really good?

Colin

California Pizza Kitchen is probably the "best" of the US chains I've sampled.

Pizza Express is the one to go for in the UK.

Speed_Racer

Little Caesars, because a $5 pizza feeds me for 2-3 meals. And I'm not raking in the dough (pun intended!) so that's a good deal haha

And I have low standards