2014 Racing Season

Started by Mustangfan2003, January 16, 2014, 03:10:47 PM

Galaxy

The beard ages Alonso like 30 years.

Notice his hand on Ron's wallet which he just lightened by $80 Million.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Galaxy on December 18, 2014, 10:24:36 AM
The beard ages Alonso like 30 years.

Notice his hand on Ron's wallet which he just lightened by $80 Million.
They'd been better off spending the money to get Adrian Newey back.  I admire Alonso's driving skill but he won't win driving a brick.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

12,000 RPM

Going through MotoGP withdrawals
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Galaxy

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 18, 2014, 10:37:33 AM
They'd been better off spending the money to get Adrian Newey back.  I admire Alonso's driving skill but he won't win driving a brick.

From Alonso's pov, I think McLaren was a better choice then staying at Ferrari. Long term Ferrari is always a good option, but Ferrari will likely be in shambles for the next ~2 seasons since they fired almost everyone in the higher ranks. That team has to be rebuilt from the ground up. Alonso does not have the time. McLaren can, with some luck, deliver a Championship winning car. Also, the Ferrari and Renault engines have proven that they are sub par to the Mercedes there is a chance that Honda will be an equal or even better. A least better odds then Renault, or Ferrari improving their engines under the current regulation.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Galaxy on December 18, 2014, 10:53:20 AM
From Alonso's pov, I think McLaren was a better choice then staying at Ferrari. Long term Ferrari is always a good option, but Ferrari will likely be in shambles for the next ~2 seasons since they fired almost everyone in the higher ranks. That team has to be rebuilt from the ground up. Alonso does not have the time. McLaren can, with some luck, deliver a Championship winning car. Also, the Ferrari and Renault engines have proven that they are sub par to the Mercedes there is a chance that Honda will be an equal or even better. A least better odds then Renault, or Ferrari improving their engines under the current regulation.
Hopefully, Honda has come up with something better than that exploding boat anchor that they fielded the last time. 
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Rich

I've read there are grumblings on Lotus not making the 2015 field.  That'd suck... I enjoy following the team twitter account.

Got tickets for the Daytona 500 and all that.  Excited to take in the atmosphere, and have some good seats for it too!
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

hotrodalex

Looks like the NHRA is gonna be missing one of their big teams for 2015. Qatar Racing Club cut funding for all North American racing, including the Al-Anabi team.