Jack's
0 (0%)
Tony's
1 (6.7%)
Other
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 14

hotrodalex

The flavor is a lot more intense/concentrated. It's sweeter, but not in the same way that Pepsi is sweeter.

SJ_GTI

Holy hell, I tried eating a "DiGiorno" pizza. It was horrible. I actually bought one that said "thin crust" but the thing was practically Sicilian style pizza.  :confused:

I took two bites and just threw it away. Blech.

Xer0

Quote from: SJ_GTI on April 04, 2014, 06:08:29 AM
Holy hell, I tried eating a "DiGiorno" pizza. It was horrible. I actually bought one that said "thin crust" but the thing was practically Sicilian style pizza.  :confused:

I took two bites and just threw it away. Blech.

Oh man, I love DiGiorno!

12,000 RPM

Come on guys.

It's not that difficult to make your own pizzas, and it's so much healthier.

I buy a 1lb ball of dough for about $2, flatten it down to true thin crust thickness with parchment paper, saran wrap and a rolling pin, and then load it up with sauce, fresh mutsarell, and an assortment of other good toppings (I am on a figs + chorizo sausage kick now). Takes ~10-20 minutes longer to make than frozen stuff but it actually tastes like pizza and not some heavily processed imitation....... probably costs about ~$7-8 per pizza when it's all said and done too.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Lebowski

The whole point of frozen is it's in the freezer ready to go.  Not a trip to the store to buy dough and toppings.

Raza

I don't own a rolling pin.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Lebowski on April 04, 2014, 12:47:51 PM
The whole point of frozen is it's in the freezer ready to go.  Not a trip to the store to buy dough and toppings.

True, but you could make a bunch of them at once, freeze them, and then you would be good to go. Might give that a try actually.  :hmm:

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Lebowski on April 04, 2014, 12:47:51 PM
You still have to go to the store to buy the pizza. You can freeze the dough too, I have bought/used frozen raw dough before. The extra 10-20 minutes of prep make for a pizza that's 10-20x better.

Laconian

Totino's is tasty in a junk foody aspect that is impossible to replicate w/o a chemistry lab. You feel awful after eating it too.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raza

Quote from: Laconian on April 04, 2014, 01:38:48 PM
Totino's is tasty in a junk foody aspect that is impossible to replicate w/o a chemistry lab. You feel awful after eating it too.

Emotionally or physically?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Laconian on April 04, 2014, 01:38:48 PM

+1

After throwing away the DiGiornas I cooked a Totino's instead. It tastes great (sugary?), but afterward I felt the same as if I had just eaten some potato chips.  :hmm:

Lebowski

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 04, 2014, 01:31:06 PM

You still have to go to the store to buy the pizza.

Yes but not right now.

Laconian

I make my own dough with my bread machine. Only takes 1h45m.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CALL_911

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 04, 2014, 12:32:54 PM
Come on guys.

I buy a 1lb ball of dough for about $2, flatten it down to true thin crust thickness with parchment paper, saran wrap and a rolling pin, and then load it up with sauce, fresh mutsarell, and an assortment of other good toppings (I am on a figs + chorizo sausage kick now). Takes ~10-20 minutes longer to make than frozen stuff but it actually tastes like pizza and not some heavily processed imitation....... probably costs about ~$7-8 per pizza when it's all said and done too.

Fuck that, I'd rather hit a button to heat my oven, and sit on my ass for 10 minutes.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rupert

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 04, 2014, 12:32:54 PM
Come on guys.

Bollocks that it's much healthier! Comparing same toppings, at least.

Homemade is good, but it's clearly not the point of frozen pizza.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Laconian on April 04, 2014, 05:34:38 PM
I make my own dough with my bread machine. Only takes 1h45m.
I recently started making my own bread from scratch. Tastes really good and is damn near meditative. Takes a while though....

hotrodalex

68_427

If anyone has fastrac gas stations I recommend buying their frozen pizza.  Aldi also has good frozen pizzas.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no