Jack's
0 (0%)
Tony's
1 (6.7%)
Other
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Laconian

My Totino's vote is because it's so terrible. It's nostalgic in its terribleness.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Secret Chimp

I like Red Baron. The crust doesn't try to be anything (I can't do the BIG RISE WOW SHIT LOOK AT OUR CRUST stuff, I don't want that much fuckin bread) and it always comes out as you'd expect.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Xer0

Quote from: 68_427 on February 19, 2014, 07:05:22 PM

HNNNNNNNG less than $1/pizza and they taste so damn good.

But I have a deep fryer and deep fried pizza rolls are god tier.

Oh man I remember going through like 2 of those single serve portions at a time growing up.  The sauce had a little more of a kick then the average frozen pizza too. 

NomisR

Quote from: Laconian on February 20, 2014, 01:59:42 PM
My Totino's vote is because it's so terrible. It's nostalgic in its terribleness.

The crust and cheese and whatever toppings on it is so horrible, that it makes you want to eat it for some reason..

MX793

Quote from: NomisR on February 20, 2014, 04:16:12 PM
The crust and cheese and whatever toppings on it is so horrible, that it makes you want to eat it for some reason..

It's like you can't believe how bad it is, so you feel compelled to eat it again to confirm that it is indeed as awful as you remembered.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Laconian

It's probably 80% glucose.

Byteme

Quote from: Laconian on February 20, 2014, 01:59:42 PM

On sale this week at Kroger for $1.00.  I bought 8; two classic pepperoni. two pepperoni, two supreme, and two sausage.  Yum.

CALL_911

OTR, frozen pizza is so convenient I wish I were down to eat it for every meal

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SJ_GTI

OK I have convinced myself to stop and buy some frozen pizza's on the way home tonight. Honestly I am not 100% sure they still sell Ellio's, but if they do I plan on getting a box.

Square pizza FTW.  :praise:

Lebowski

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 20, 2014, 07:08:03 PM

OTR, frozen pizza is so convenient I wish I were down to eat it for every meal

It is convenient. I don't eat it often because it's so terrible for you but it's so easy and some of the thin crust ones are quite decent.

68_427

Quote from: SJ_GTI on February 21, 2014, 05:30:40 AM
OK I have convinced myself to stop and buy some frozen pizza's on the way home tonight. Honestly I am not 100% sure they still sell Ellio's, but if they do I plan on getting a box.

Square pizza FTW.  :praise:

They do :)
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SJ_GTI

Had an Ellio's pizza for lunch today. Wasn't bad but didn't really taste like pizza. More like bread with a sugary red ketchup/tomato paste on top, and something with roughly the texture (but not taste) of cheese on top.

I bought a couple other brands too and will try them out some other time.

Xer0

This thread gave me a craving for frozen pizza recently so I bought a DiGiorno and Jack's.  Just finished eating the DiGiorno and it was too saucy and not cheesy enough but not bad otherwise.  Although a lot of grocery stores now will offer you pizza dough for like $1.  Buying the other ingredients like cheese and sauce and whatnot is like another $4, if that, and for the price of the DiGiorno I could get a much better tasting and fresher pizza.  But damn this laziness.

giant_mtb

ProTip: Buy a block of Velveeta and put some thin slices on a pizza. Sounds weird, but it's delicious if you really like some extra cheesiness on your 'za.

If I make a pizza from scratch (well, pre-made crust), I lay some olive oil down before the sauce, then sprinkle on my cheese, throw on some cudighi, and then some slices of Velveeta on top of it all. Dank. I can hardly ever eat more than a couple slices.

Laconian

Velveeta? C'mon, you can do better than that. Life's too short to eat crappy cheese.

Minpin

There's a company in Wisconsin called Screamin Sicilian that makes some amazing frozen pizzas. 7 bucks a pop too, so pretty reasonable.

?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Rupert

Quote from: Laconian on February 22, 2014, 01:50:44 PM
Velveeta? C'mon, you can do better than that. Life's too short to eat crappy cheese.

For real.

I was also inspired to try a frozen pizza over a delivery pizza the other night. It tasted like cardboard, mostly. :P
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

giant_mtb

Quote from: Laconian on February 22, 2014, 01:50:44 PM

Oh shit, Mr. Cheese Afficionado over here. It's delicious. I love cheese of all kinds, including the Velv.

Laconian

I'm no longer in my twenties, so whenever I am presented with cheese, I have to ask myself if the taste is worth the fat/calories. Velveeta fails that test.

Laconian

I'm big into Camembert cheese now. The more it smells like a gym sock, the more I like it. It's gross.

Rupert

Camembert is pretty much the best.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

giant_mtb

This stuff is my jam for "good" cheese. Locally produced. Their "Hot Pepper" is my favorite...a bit more zing than their normal Pepper Jack. $4.50 for a pound block...I've been known to go through a box of Ritz and an entire block in one night.

Laconian

Yup, it's the best/worst. True dairy masochism comes from Morbier. It smells so fucking bad that we have to store it in the garage.

Laconian

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 22, 2014, 02:30:11 PM
This stuff is my jam for "good" cheese. Locally produced. Their "Hot Pepper" is my favorite...a bit more zing than their normal Pepper Jack. $4.50 for a pound block...I've been known to go through a box of Ritz and an entire block in one night.

I like Pepper Jack with a hefty shake of Cholula on the top.

OH!

Cholula/Tapatio makes every pizza awesome. I must recommend this to all of you. I went through a Tabasco kick but the vinegar flavor was detracting from everything else. Tapatio has no vices. It's just pure taste.

giant_mtb

What the heck is a cholula patio. :lol:

Minpin

I like Crystal hot sauce a lot. Adds a nice punch to a lot of dishes.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Laconian

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 22, 2014, 02:34:35 PM
What the heck is a cholula patio. :lol:
Cholula and Tapatio are very similar-tasting hot sauces.

They have a lot of flavor and aren't super spicy. When I shake it on a pepperoni pizza, it's like upgrading the pepperoni to hot links.

giant_mtb

Ohhhh it's a brand. I thought it was some strange ingredient I'd never heard of. :lol:

Rupert

Rupert

Quote from: Laconian on February 22, 2014, 02:31:08 PM
Yup, it's the best/worst. True dairy masochism comes from Morbier. It smells so fucking bad that we have to store it in the garage.

Morbier is excellent.

My uncle sends my folks a bunch of cheese for Christmas every year. We know to put it in a cold place, because the whole box smells like four types of farty cheese.