One year with the Volt, and savages in this town.

Started by ChrisV, February 21, 2014, 06:52:17 AM

veeman

I'm surprised the guy who hit you drove his car back to the area without getting his damage fixed first.  Either not very smart or just doesn't give a shit.  Maybe both.

NomisR

Well, it's a 90s Civic,  probably don't give a shit and didn't think Chris would get back there so quickly. 

ChrisV

Well, the repairs are done. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully the repairs are done to high standards (the shop routinely works on high end cars so I'm hopeful). At least it's only a $250 deductible, though my insurance has contacted the insurance of the person that owns that Civic, looking for indications of a report of damage within the last year (since the owner claimed the damage happened 6-8 months ago...).
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

Picked up the car from the bodyshop a few minutes ago. Went over it with a fine tooth comb and it was perfect inside and out. They had to do work on the door jamb and C pillar as well as the quarter panel in front of the wheel, and replaced the door. The paintwork is perfect including the blend. Very happy. And driving back to the office, there are no new rattles or wind noise, either.  :dance:

it was so nice to be able to drive my car again. These gas guzzler's inability to pass a gas station was getting on my nerves. ;)

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

ChrisV

I didn't park it. It was delivered from the back of the bodyshop out to me, and turned so the sun would shine down the sides and let that parking line reflect on the sides (to show off the paint when I was inspecting it). ;)