2015 Jeep Renegade

Started by Mustangfan2003, March 02, 2014, 10:30:55 AM

Rupert

Quote from: MrH on March 16, 2014, 11:36:21 AM
The element has a tailgate. Does that make it a wagon? :wub:

That makes it an odd van.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

2o6

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 15, 2014, 02:42:52 PM
"Sport Tourer" I think.

In their defense, the Magnum was a little different- had a liftgate instead of a tailgate, was shorter than earlier full size wagons. Still, every bit as much of a wagon as the CTS wagon is, and GM actually embraced that term.

What's the difference between a liftgate and a tailgate?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on March 18, 2014, 01:34:13 PM
What's the difference between a liftgate and a tailgate?

One opens upwards and the other folds down.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

2o6

See, my old Chinese fanboyism is coming out. This car instantly reminded me of a Chinese mini SUV thing in awkward proportion

Laconian

You should take Chinese classes at OSU. Not kidding. It could be a very business savvy thing to do - your resume would be fuckin' golden if you knew Mandarin.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on March 19, 2014, 03:04:29 PM
You should take Chinese classes at OSU. Not kidding. It could be a very business savvy thing to do - your resume would be fuckin' golden if you knew Mandarin.

Why?

Laconian

Because they are in the business of making everything, and they are growing increasingly self sufficient WRT product design and brand management. Odds are you're going to have to interact with Chinese firms quite a bit in your lifetime, if not work for them outright.

MrH

True, the Chinese are growing, but design there is still largely a joke.

Funny story actually:  A coworker was quoting interiors for a major Chinese OEM.  They wanted the entire interior quoted (instrument panel, center console, doors, etc).  It was a pretty big project, since we didn't have a facility overseas to make a lot of this.  So he came up with an entire plan.  I finally saw their "design".  It was a 2D sketch of some sort, with features from other cars cropped in Microsoft Paint and put on top.  The outlets were from a BMW 7-series.  Some trim from a Lexus.  It was laughably bad.

But they were actually sourcing based on this.  Coworker was just about done with the whole quote.  He got a call asking if he saw the newest BMW 3-series (this was the F10, which interior press pictures were released a few months before).  They said scrap the whole previous idea, and just quote that.  My coworker just paused: "...seriously, just copy that whole design?  Everything?"  "Yep!"

:lol:  China manufactures a ton of stuff, but in terms of design or any R&D work, everything in the auto industry still comes out of the US, Japan, and Europe.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Laconian

LOL!

But remember, that's what they said about Japan. If it's made in Japan, it's made in crap-land! Twenty years later in the 80's, Japan *owned* our asses. Getting savvy with China would be a savvy forward-looking move.

MrH

Quote from: Laconian on March 19, 2014, 08:39:18 PM
LOL!

But remember, that's what they said about Japan. If it's made in Japan, it's made in crap-land! Twenty years later in the 80's, Japan *owned* our asses. Getting savvy with China would be a savvy forward-looking move.

That's true.  Same for the Koreans.  They had an even more shocking and quick transition from shit to competitive.

Of course, if you become a Mandarin car design expert, you'll probably have to work or live in China.  I'll pass.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Laconian

Yeah... that part isn't great.

I definitely enjoyed my stay but black-colored snot from all the PM got old fast.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Rupert

This is the first post, then.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

68_427

I think this is going to be my mom's next car.  I love this damn thing.  The red one they had at NYIAS looks amazing.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no