2015 Jeep Renegade

Started by Mustangfan2003, March 02, 2014, 10:30:55 AM

ifcar

Quote from: MX793 on March 03, 2014, 06:06:25 PM
I love lists like this.  Because I'm bored, I'm going to break down several items on this list of "advanced" features...

There was once a Subaru ad that boasted "57 standard safety features!" (or some such number). When people questioned it, it turned out some copy writer had left it in as a placeholder and no one had ever gone back and figured out an actual figure.

MrH

Lol. I was going to say something, but I'm glad MX gave a much more thorough and entertaining response.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

280Z Turbo

Quote from: 93JC on March 02, 2014, 11:20:21 AM

Sorry, your brand sucks.

Nobody likes off roaders anymore, and even if they did, people like Rupert would yell at you for killing poor helpless mud puddles on the trails.

They could bastardize the entire brand for all I care. Jeep is all about marketing.

Eye of the Tiger

The trailer sway control feature is interesting. What is the tow rating, 1500 lbs? I wonder if this thing could possibly tow more than my Accent.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Atomic

Nice Touch, Dual Sunroof ^ Cargo Area, Below

Atomic

:facepalm: I do get carried away about cars. It started at youth. Used to be into my creature comforts on a vehicle, too, but after living though that near fatal accident, safety is my new priority. They've packed a lot into this little thing. It came as a huge surprise and I think it will be a huge success for Jeep.

2o6

What's the point? It's barely smaller than the Cherokee, and it has the same 2.4L, which is a lot of engine.

MX793

I thought this was going to be running with the 1.4T.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

2o6

Quote from: MX793 on March 04, 2014, 09:24:00 AM
I thought this was going to be running with the 1.4T.

Manual only, which means DOA

Atomic

Quote from: 2o6 on March 04, 2014, 09:17:46 AM
What's the point? It's barely smaller than the Cherokee, and it has the same 2.4L, which is a lot of engine.

With all of the features listed (mainly safety and security thus far) and those not yet known, it could be a pricey small 'ute. I think there will certainly be packages as with most cars these days so there will probably be a value packed "base model" for starters. I am still hearing conflicting reports about its placement in the Jeep lineup and tend to believe the latest: It is intended to replace (opposed to supplementing) the current Jeep Patriot for MY15. Now that would make perfect sense and help explain such surprises (for me, anyway) as a Renegade with leather seats and dual pain sun/moonroof.

One reason I am taking much interest in this vehicle has to do with assisting a college age relative in search of such a vehicle. Being my Godson, I am pushing hard for obtaining a car with safety (i.e., traction, blindside monitoring, if possible in his price range) as #1 priority. I have to be careful as he is not my son but I will be helping with a generous downpayment, yet it'll be his ultimate decision.

My choice would from all of this extensive research I have been doing would like be the upcoming '15 Honda Urban SUV. I highly doubt the Urban SUV (Honda's Element replacement) will have every safety feature Jeep has listed, I personally think the advantages of the Fit-based Honda may outweigh those of the Renegade. I am saying this as a Fiat-based Jeep product is an unknown commodity at this time and I would be chancy to purchase one in its first year of production, IMO. Subaru is another good (if not GREAT) option, I think but again -- price will certainly play a factor and would a college age boy drive an Imprezza? I doubt he would be able to purchase something behind this price point. He will need a vehicle with a fair amount of cargo space for carrying much gear but nothing that this Jeep or similar sized car/SUV/Crossover couldn't hold.

^Any ideas would be appreciated. Thnx.

CALL_911

homie a college age boy would drive fucking anything

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Atomic

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 04, 2014, 12:00:54 PM
homie a college age boy would drive fucking anything

He's a great "kid" has been driving junkers for years and hardly a week goes by without him being stranded. I failed to mention that he works two jobs while attending school. He'll be paying for the car. No free ride. I will match his downpayment. That's it! If I was buying the car for him -- not going to happen -- I'd be far more involved and put a price cap on it.

ChrisV

I quite like it. MUCH better thanteh Cherokee, with better approach and departure angles, this could be a great daily driver and winter rig.

Offroading for me lately has been surviving potholes and crap roads in the winter. I love the size and ground clearance of this thing and yes, it is similar to a jeepified Soul with a bit of kawaii styling for good measure, but I'd drive the snot out of it (especially considering the turbo 4 will only come with a manual trans)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

giant_mtb

Can't stand the super low-hanging bumpers like on that white one. Blech.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: ChrisV on March 04, 2014, 02:32:30 PM
I quite like it. MUCH better thanteh Cherokee, with better approach and departure angles, this could be a great daily driver and winter rig.

Offroading for me lately has been surviving potholes and crap roads in the winter. I love the size and ground clearance of this thing and yes, it is similar to a jeepified Soul with a bit of kawaii styling for good measure, but I'd drive the snot out of it (especially considering the turbo 4 will only come with a manual trans)

Love the little relief cut map and front grill icon at the bottom of that tray. This way, you can turn your coffee and soda stains into colorful artworks.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

It looks better in these live photos, but I wish hit were slightly smaller.

SVT32V

Unless the woman in the picture of the white one is Amazonian, it looks really small.

ChrisV

Quote from: SVT32V on March 04, 2014, 04:15:57 PM
Unless the woman in the picture of the white one is Amazonian, it looks really small.

It is. It's about the size of a lifted Golf or a MINI Countryman.

2o6

Yeah, quick search shows it's slightly larger than the Countryman

Atomic

Quote from: ChrisV on March 05, 2014, 07:31:27 AM
It is. It's about the size of a lifted Golf or a MINI Countryman.

Great pics, ChrisV! My share was found in today's morning edition of Detroit Free Press, along with news that the ALL NEW Jeep Renegade was designed by Jeep in the U.S. and not by Fiat. I am still finding some inconsistencies amongst publications, even today, i.e., introduction dates, but this is not uncommon, especially with much speculation pre (Geneva show) debut and with the official embargo firmly in place beforehand. My listing of the 70 safety and security features was an accurate account, posted to scoop others for Carspin to shine and to thank the young blogger that shared it with all of us here (an honor) and obviously to tout what I think is a very first -- a "low end" production vehicle and one outside of safety conscious Volvo and the like and even in class far below the price point of a Mercedes-Benz S-Class with such a comprehensive of high tech security measures. AND, yes... A little devilish jest (LOL) was in order as an almost too good to be true is this for real?? Plus, there was no link associated with "our exclusive" to save room by posting that instead :winkguy: Nevertheless, much buzz about this new kind of Jeep continues to grow.

Again, thank you, Chris for your share ^ and all others for yours... now one from me, below:

A Closer Look: 2015 Jeep Renegade, Detroit Free Press Morning Edition, March 5, 2014

■ Engines: 1.4-liter Multiair Turbo that produces 160 horsepower with 170 pound-feet of torque; or 2.4-liter MultiAir2 Tiger Shark that produces 184 horsepower and 177 pound-feet of torque. Diesel Power*
■ Towing capability: 2,200 pounds
■ Off-road capability: 8.1 inches of wheel travel, and 8.7 inches of ground clearance.
■ Goes on sale: By spring in Europe, by the end of this year or early next year in the U.S.**
■ Price: Not disclosed.
■ Fuel efficiency: Not disclosed.

*Clean Diesel Power-plant Information: Forthcoming, Per Automotive New/Chrysler-Jeep, March 3, 2014
**Some Sources: Expect an Earlier Launch

2o6

Your sources suck.

This thing is as American/Italian as Pizza Hut.

ChrisV

Soup DeVille

Hmm

I was reay sort of hoping that the off road version of this littlest of Jeeps would be more of an exercise in minimalism. Maybe there will be a version more along those lines later. 

I see that sand mode activates a picture of your car in the sand; ostensibly to make sure you know what sand is, I suppose.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

ChrisV

Jeep already sells a minimalist Jeep. ;)

Soup DeVille

2o6

It would be nice to get a Jeep version of something like a Dacia Duster, which is selling like wildfire in pretty much every market it's sold in. About the same size, similar power, etc.

SVT32V

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 05, 2014, 01:31:01 PM
For $30,000.

$21K with if you lose 2 drs. on the wrangler.

Too bad this doesn't come in a 2 dr version.

Atomic

This amazes me... Chrysler stated that it had designed the Jeep Renegade with Fiat to be compatible with 16 fuel-efficient engine and transmission combinations for different markets around the world. In Europe, at least, the  Renegade will initially be offered will be offered with two Diesel engines, while the U.S. is expected to gain the more power one for American tastes. The 2015 Jeep Renegade will come equipped with a fuel-efficient, nine-speed transmission in all markets for those option for the automatic tranny, per Chrysler and Fiat representatives in Geneva this week. Analysts throughout the globe were quite to point out that the Chrysler-Fiat team's investment in multiple engine and transmission combinations shows that Jeep is serious about its global ambitions with the Renegade.

Likely a misprint, I would think, where it was reported in one article online that there will be a nine (9) speed manual. Is that even possible?  :huh: I overlooked it at first, assuming they were making a reference to the all for 2015 Chrysler 200 and Jeep Cherokee and (soon to be released MY15) Renegade AUTOMATICS. Hmm... I hear we will see the nine speed automatic in the 2015-MY Dodge Dart models, too.

2o6

It's the 9AT, 2.4L combo from pretty much every Dodge FWD car out

The 12 powertrain combos are ubiquitous Fiat units that are in use in everything they sell overseas. This is a Fiat underneath.

r0tor

Horrific... But still better styling then the catastrophically ugly Cherokee
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed