My car is (probably) totaled so that means new car shopping!

Started by Xer0, March 10, 2014, 07:47:00 PM

MrH

Very nice!  Congrats!

You're not alone in liking the tiered gauge setup.  I love it too.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SJ_GTI

Looks good. Let us know what you think of it after you have it for a few weeks, I am guessing your insights will be more detailed by that point.

Raza

Horrible looking car, terrible choice.  Congratulations!

;)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Xer0

Thanks guys!

Well, accept for Raza, he can suck it  :lol:

But honestly, Si would be an awesome Z4 companion, just saying...

A week in and I love it.  Can't wait till the weather clears up so that i can wash it. 

Raza

Quote from: Xer0 on March 20, 2014, 06:26:52 PM
Thanks guys!

A week in and I love it.  Can't wait till the weather clears up so that i can wash it.

:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

Quote from: Xer0 on March 20, 2014, 06:26:52 PM
Thanks guys!

Congratulations man.  Enjoy your new purchase. :cheers:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Northlands

Did you test drive any of the non Si versions? My friend is leasing an EX sedan and is enjoying the car. I've driven it a number of times, but haven't taken the Si out yet. I remember driving one a couple of years ago ( mind you, this was the sedan version ), and the steering felt a bit...er... disconnected compared to years past. It doesn't seem the case in my friend's 2013 EX though.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Xer0

Quote from: Northlands on March 22, 2014, 07:38:44 AM
Did you test drive any of the non Si versions? My friend is leasing an EX sedan and is enjoying the car. I've driven it a number of times, but haven't taken the Si out yet. I remember driving one a couple of years ago ( mind you, this was the sedan version ), and the steering felt a bit...er... disconnected compared to years past. It doesn't seem the case in my friend's 2013 EX though.

Haven't driven any recent non Si's, but used to own an 08 LX.  The steering is the car's most glaring weakness all considered.

I just came back from a 400 mile roadtrip and am really starting to get the car aftermarket upgrade bug.  The handling leaves a bit (a lot actually, feels too close to my old Civic) to be desired as the car kind of wallows around turns and doesn't feel as planted as I like.  I've heard that the Honda Factory Performance suspension really dials in so that will probably be the first addition to the car.   

SVT_Power

I have a friend with a 8th gen Si with the HFP suspension. Holy hell is that ride ever garbage. Sure he's done a little bit of track time and what not with his Si, but it's way way too much for an everyday car.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Laconian

Quote from: SVT_Power on March 26, 2014, 01:50:20 AM
I have a friend with a 8th gen Si with the HFP suspension. Holy hell is that ride ever garbage. Sure he's done a little bit of track time and what not with his Si, but it's way way too much for an everyday car.

Unthusiast!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: SVT_Power on March 26, 2014, 01:50:20 AM

Sounds like pretty much every "tuned" honda I see around here. I think they are just giving the customer what they want. A super stiff lowered suspension with no travel and very minimal performance gains.

The bilstein coilovers in the Audi A6 are horrible for the local roads and out of character for the car.

MrH

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on March 26, 2014, 06:24:38 PM
Sounds like pretty much every "tuned" honda I see around here. I think they are just giving the customer what they want. A super stiff lowered suspension with no travel and very minimal performance gains.

The bilstein coilovers in the Audi A6 are horrible for the local roads and out of character for the car.
Quote from: Laconian on March 26, 2014, 02:47:17 PM
Unthusiast!
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV