2015 Toyota Camry

Started by 2o6, April 16, 2014, 07:49:36 AM

Northlands

Looks like a larger Corolla now. An improvement. Once there's some more media out there I can say more. I like that Toyota is taking some chances with it's look.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

hotrodalex

C-pillar is stupid but the rest is decent.

giant_mtb

Looks pretty good! Not a big fan of allllll that black grille on the front (it looks like they slapped the Lexus grille on it), but otherwise it's a good lookin car.

Atomic

FEW MORE PICS / 2015 TOYOTA CAMRY

Atomic

Closer look at interior...

XLX Interior Above, SE Interior Below

Taillights:

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

CALL_911

It's a good looking car, and it should do its job well. Sure, I'd take an Accord over it, but I don't and never will understand the Camry hate among "enthusiasts." This thing, as you would expect, is getting ripped by the morons on Jalopnik.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Raza

It's not horrible to look at and the interior looks nice.  Should sell like hotcakes. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

Wireless phone charging in the center console is nice.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

Why the huge grills recently? Everyone just has to copy Audi? Modern cars only need gun slits to actually cool the engine.

It'd look better if the black piece under the top grill was body color and the lower grill was less bold and brash.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on April 16, 2014, 10:12:35 AM
the interior looks nice

Quote from: 68_427 on April 16, 2014, 11:31:48 AM
Wireless phone charging in the center console is nice.

Yeah I like this interior a lot better than some of the previous Camrys.

cawimmer430

Make it RWD, throw in a 6-speed and that glorious 3.5 V6 and you got a BMW 3-Series' killa!!!!!!!!  :rockon:

The basic design is ok, but what's up with the huge wannabe-Lexus grille? Awful.

Quick smudging in Photoshop fixes the "problem".

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

thewizard16

It's not bad. I find the current one relatively inoffensive but this one looks a bit nicer, with the possible exception of the taillights. Something about them seems off to me but maybe they'll look better in person. It's not as much of an improvement as say, the Avalon redesign was, but still an improvement. And at least they're now talking about trying to make things more fun/engaging to drive... The interior looks almost identical to the current one, which is pretty nice.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

CJ

This is really not that much better looking than the outgoing one.  The interior is nearly identical.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: cawimmer430 on April 16, 2014, 01:49:42 PM
Make it RWD, throw in a 6-speed and that glorious 3.5 V6 and you got a BMW 3-Series' killa!!!!!!!!  :rockon:

= Lexus IS

Quick smudging in Photoshop fixes the "problem".

Your 'shop looks like a Jetta.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

hotrodalex

Quote from: hotrodalex on April 16, 2014, 01:22:37 PM
It'd look better if the black piece under the top grill was body color and the lower grill was less bold and brash.

Perfect.

GoCougs

Quote from: CALL_911 on April 16, 2014, 09:50:05 AM
It's a good looking car, and it should do its job well. Sure, I'd take an Accord over it, but I don't and never will understand the Camry hate among "enthusiasts." This thing, as you would expect, is getting ripped by the morons on Jalopnik.

'Cause many such "enthusiasts" have hilariously eaten Camry taillights.

I think it looks good - much more distinctive the Corolla refresh/redesign.

CALL_911

Quote from: GoCougs on April 16, 2014, 03:41:37 PM
'Cause many such "enthusiasts" have hilariously eaten Camry taillights.

No, it isn't that. Think about how few Camry V6s there are on the road.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ifcar

It looks pretty classy but less aggressive/distinctive than before, losing all of its hard edges. Pity the interior isn't getting more attention, but the gauge cluster needed it the most.

68_427

Quote from: CALL_911 on April 16, 2014, 03:46:32 PM
No, it isn't that. Think about how few Camry V6s there are on the road.

Tons of them
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

pendyman

Quote from: Atomic on April 16, 2014, 09:05:39 AM
FEW MORE PICS / 2015 TOYOTA CAMRY

Good grief, that is one, no make it two, ugly front ends. They look like two bottom feeding fish. Wimmer's sketch looks way better. I'm not on board with Toyota and Lexus design language these days.

I've complained about them looking bland, but bland is better than this.

CJ

Hopefully they've fixed the interior's lack of perceived quality.  The Corolla has a nicer interior than the outgoing Camry.

mzziaz

Fugly front. Interior looks pretty decent for Toyota, though.
Cuore Sportivo

SVT32V

Looks like a very mild refresh.

GoCougs

Quote from: 68_427 on April 17, 2014, 08:26:20 AM
Tons of them

Seems there are quite a few. Lots aren't the distinctive SE but the plainer LE or XLE.

Laconian

Quote from: Raza  on April 16, 2014, 10:12:35 AM
It's not horrible to look at and the interior looks nice.  Should sell like hotcakes. 

Hotcakes aren't big sellers in this country.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Colin

Although making it less dull to look at and adding yet more gizmos inside were probably necessary things to include, what they really needed to do was to make it better to drive, and there has been little description that I have seen which gives any clue in that regard.

Whilst it remains true that not everyone wants sharp steering and handling, the reality is that the Camry has been unquestionably at the bottom of the class from a driving dynamics point of view with its anaesthatised driving experience, and if they could only address that, Toyota may persuade some of the people who do appreciate the undoubted virtues of pain-free ownership to put it back on their shopping list. When I read that a Toyota was recently quoted as answering the question "which of your models are exciting" with "Avalon", though I suspect that they have not understood what they ought to do, let alone done it.

2o6

That is the most awkward C-pillar of all time. I'm expecting the "Camry" type face and logo on it, as a throwback to the 1980s.

MX793

The C pillar doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the design and the huge grille opening is a bit much, but it's not terrible.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5