Chevy Caprice

Started by Morris Minor, May 16, 2014, 08:56:07 AM

bing_oh

Quote from: Catman on July 07, 2014, 08:48:21 PMIt's about 1-2 mpg difference.

Base price difference is probably what will deter most departments from getting them as daily work cruisers. The Explorers are at a similar price point with the Taurus, Charger, and Caprice.

68_427

I only asked because really had no idea until today.  Or I just completely forgot about them :lol:
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

MrH

Quote from: bing_oh on July 03, 2014, 10:27:56 PM
Probably not. I thought the idea of a dedicated police vehicle, designed and manufactured as such, was great (ie, the Carbon Motors plan). But I understand it's simply not economically viable. No major auto manufacturer is going to design and build a LE-only vehicle at a price that is going to sell. And, any small startup is destined to go the way of Carbon Motors as the profit margin is too small and the logistics of warranty work and repairs is too complex. As it stands, any civilian vehicle adapted for LE use is going to be a compromise.

I quoted and worked on the design for the interior of the whole Carbon Motors vehicle.  Even got to sit in one and try out the seats with the handcuff cutout area :lol:

Business plan never made any sense whatsoever IMO.  It was pretty much all vaporware.  How they got a grant from the Feds on the idea that it would be a green vehicle is shocking to me.  Really shows how incompetent the feds were on that entire grant situation.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Catman

I think a neighboring town just got one.

sparkplug

I think they should paint all unmarked police car with that high visibility orange.. You know, for safety.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.