Nissan Teases new Truck (Midsize I think?)

Started by 68_427, June 02, 2014, 02:06:29 PM

Payman

It's like designers aren't even trying anymore.

Pancor

This is kinda what I was afraid of, styling that I hate.   I know the current Frontier is getting old, but I still think it looks handsome!

The shitty thing is that while they're making a big deal about the diesel engine, the current gen truck in literally the rest of the world can come with a 230hp 3.0 diesel that gets 31 mpg!

68_427

Hopefully we get different styling like GM gave us with their midsize trucks.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

280Z Turbo

Onslaught

From what l title I can see I think it looks fine. Seeing that just about every truck out there now is ugly as balls you could even say it looks good.

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

68_427

'racecar is die'
no

Onslaught

Interior is better. Think I liked the exterior more on the last one. Still this isn't too bad. I'll give it a good look over when I buy a truck next year.

Pancor

"Swoopier" than I had hoped, but I kinda like it.  Can't wait to see the powertrain changes and full specs for the Canadian/US version!

SVT666

Char

A little too swoopy (as someone mentioned) and that shit brown color isn't doing it any favors.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

Rupert

Hate to be one of those "cars these days" guys, but trucks these days don't do anything for me stylistically. It seems like they ran out of ways to make that shape look good a decade or more ago.

On the other hand, truck, so who cares.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

MrH

Quote from: Rupert on June 22, 2014, 04:56:18 PM
Hate to be one of those "cars these days" guys, but trucks these days don't do anything for me stylistically. It seems like they ran out of ways to make that shape look good a decade or more ago.

On the other hand, truck, so who cares.

Can't say I disagree.  I get more excited about engine and suspension options on trucks anymore, that's about it.  Styling is just boring on all of them.  I like innovative bed tie down methods too.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rupert

Storage, gas mileage, quietness, cruise/AC/power windows/power towing mirrors, comfortable seats. These are the things I care about. Everything else has been good enough for a while.

Which is not to say that the Chevys with the slow throttle response or the last gen Dakotas overall shitiness or the previous gen Chevys with the absurdly low clearance don't bother me at all, but all of those trucks do the things I want them to do.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

SVT666

The over-the-top styling of the heavy duty pickups is ridiculous now.  The half-tons aren't as bad, but my buddy has a 3500 Ram 4x4 and the cowl height is absurdly high.  You open the hood, and there has to be 12" clearance from the engine to the hood.

Catman

Quote from: SVT666 on June 23, 2014, 10:07:32 AM
The over-the-top styling of the heavy duty pickups is ridiculous now.  The half-tons aren't as bad, but my buddy has a 3500 Ram 4x4 and the cowl height is absurdly high.  You open the hood, and there has to be 12" clearance from the engine to the hood.

Annoying