06 Mustang

Started by Catman, May 17, 2005, 03:40:51 PM

Raza

QuoteI still prefer the GTO, but I have to admit I am warming to the style a bit. I like that blue interior.
I too like the GTO better (sans the juvenile hood scoops, of course), but since the performance is close, and the Mustang is much cheaper, and already has a large aftermarket, it may end up being the better choice.  Unless the GTO gets a sunroof, then it's all over.
How come you like a sunroof so much?
At heart, I'm a convertible person.  Since owning a convertible is so impractical, both from a tangible pragmatic standpoint and an economic standpoint (insurance!), a sunroof is the closest thing I can get.  Plus, I love the sun or moonlight gleaming in, I love the extra wind, I love the open air feeling.  If the car's roof doesn't fold into the trunk, it better have a sunroof, or I won't buy it.  Or a targa top, that's another awesome roof.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteI still prefer the GTO, but I have to admit I am warming to the style a bit. I like that blue interior.
I too like the GTO better (sans the juvenile hood scoops, of course), but since the performance is close, and the Mustang is much cheaper, and already has a large aftermarket, it may end up being the better choice.  Unless the GTO gets a sunroof, then it's all over.
How come you like a sunroof so much?
At heart, I'm a convertible person.  Since owning a convertible is so impractical, both from a tangible pragmatic standpoint and an economic standpoint (insurance!), a sunroof is the closest thing I can get.  Plus, I love the sun or moonlight gleaming in, I love the extra wind, I love the open air feeling.  If the car's roof doesn't fold into the trunk, it better have a sunroof, or I won't buy it.  Or a targa top, that's another awesome roof.
Yea, I was going to mention Targa.  Thats the real deal! :praise:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

93JC

That's not what the normal seats in the 'Stang are like, is it?
I think theyre like that.
I know they're like that.  ;)
That's really interesting and cool...they look quite comfortable. ^_^
Yeah, they look really soft, but the leg room is still lacking.
I still can't figure out how people still feel there isn't much leg room back there. The first time I sat in an '05 Mustang I sat not only in the front but in the back as well, and it was very comfortable. Head room was more of a problem (still wasn't bad though). In fact I'd go as far as to say there's more room in the back seat of the Mustang than there is in the Miata.  

Catman

Who cares how much leg room their is, it's a Mustang. :rockon:  

BMWDave

QuoteWho cares how much leg room their is, it's a Mustang. :rockon:
True, but only one person gets to drive ;)   The rest should at least have a comfortable experience being driven.

2007 Honda S2000

coladin

The space in the back is much better than my '99 GT because, as you can see, theu are scooped out which adds some leg room.

Good for me in a sense, looks like the special blue interior replaces the red leather for 2006...better for resale! B)

I was thinking of the convertible but went with the fastback because:

1. I live in Canada...it can get pretty cold.
2. Wife would bitch about her hair
3. Honestly, it looks too much like a kleenex bos with the top down.  Too square looking whereas the fastback has a nice arc leading to the lights.

There is no sunroof in the coupe because Ford feels it will cannibalize convertible sales.

I think that the 18" wheels for 2006 are okay, nothing special but what is funny about that grey show car is I am 99% sure that it is lowered!  That is how my car sits now, sure as hell not before.
2011 C63...2009 R320 BlueTec...GO SCHUMI!

BMWDave

QuoteThe space in the back is much better than my '99 GT because, as you can see, theu are scooped out which adds some leg room.

Good for me in a sense, looks like the special blue interior replaces the red leather for 2006...better for resale! B)

I was thinking of the convertible but went with the fastback because:

1. I live in Canada...it can get pretty cold.
2. Wife would bitch about her hair
3. Honestly, it looks too much like a kleenex bos with the top down.  Too square looking whereas the fastback has a nice arc leading to the lights.

There is no sunroof in the coupe because Ford feels it will cannibalize convertible sales.

I think that the 18" wheels for 2006 are okay, nothing special but what is funny about that grey show car is I am 99% sure that it is lowered!  That is how my car sits now, sure as hell not before.
So you are going to trade it in for a blue leather one?  sounds great! :praise:  

2007 Honda S2000

coladin

Hell no...I'm staying put for a little while with this one!

BMWDave

QuoteHell no...I'm staying put for a little while with this one!
so how are you going to get a blue interior?

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

That's not what the normal seats in the 'Stang are like, is it?
I think theyre like that.
I know they're like that.  ;)
That's really interesting and cool...they look quite comfortable. ^_^
Yeah, they look really soft, but the leg room is still lacking.
I still can't figure out how people still feel there isn't much leg room back there. The first time I sat in an '05 Mustang I sat not only in the front but in the back as well, and it was very comfortable. Head room was more of a problem (still wasn't bad though). In fact I'd go as far as to say there's more room in the back seat of the Mustang than there is in the Miata.
I've never sat in the back of one (I've sat in the front), but I agree that it has more legroom than the previous gen Mustangs. However, I imagine it takes several minutes in the back seat before you start to feel uncomfortable.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

coladin

QuoteHell no...I'm staying put for a little while with this one!
so how are you going to get a blue interior?
I think we misunderstand each other BMW Dave, what I meant was since the red leather won't be available for 2006, it will  make the 2005 models more attractive as far as resale, like mine.

the blue is new for 2006 and I think it is replacing the 2005 "red" colour as the special colour of the model year.

BMWDave

I see, I misunderstood you.  So they only make red for one year?

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

QuoteI see, I misunderstood you.  So they only make red for one year?
If that's true that sucks. I wanted red leather!   :angry:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteI see, I misunderstood you.  So they only make red for one year?
If that's true that sucks. I wanted red leather!   :angry:
You can always buy used.

2007 Honda S2000