getting screwed by GM, on the back end

Started by veeman, July 07, 2014, 10:29:58 PM

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

J86

This has to be... at least three times bigger than this!

68_427

You should just wait and see if this become reality.  Hellcat Durango :lol:

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SVT666

Normally I hate high performance SUVs, but that would be awesome.

Lebowski

Quote from: 68_427 on July 14, 2014, 08:16:12 PM

You should just wait and see if this become reality.  Hellcat Durango :lol:

Looks like a minivan ...

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Lebowski on July 15, 2014, 05:49:08 AM

Looks like a minivan ...

Hah, my first thought when I saw the picture was "why should he wait for a minivan???" and then as I looked at the details I realized it was an SRT Durango.  :lol:

hotrodalex

Please put 700 hp in a Durango. Please.

Lebowski

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 15, 2014, 05:58:44 AM

Hah, my first thought when I saw the picture was "why should he wait for a minivan???" and then as I looked at the details I realized it was an SRT Durango.  :lol:

I thought the same.

So are SUVs still cooler than minivans now that we've gone full circle and the Durango looks like a Dodge Caravan?

MrH

They'll make a 700 hp Grand Cherokee well before they make a 700 hp Durango.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

68_427

700hp Charger is coming before both.  ;)
'racecar is die'
no

ifcar

Quote from: Lebowski on July 15, 2014, 06:41:21 AM

I thought the same.

So are SUVs still cooler than minivans now that we've gone full circle and the Durango looks like a Dodge Caravan?

In fairness, it's the front end more than the rear where minivans and crossovers look the most different.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

68_427

WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF FYA
'racecar is die'
no

veeman

Wrongfully Accused!! 

The dealer said my oil was low?!  I said you guys changed it last in March.  Also the oil life monitor didn't indicate anything was wrong.  The technician said low oil can cause the car to "misfire".  They didn't have an explanation for why it was low other than it was "due for an oil change because the car had been driven for 7000 miles since the last oil change."  I kept coming back with then why didn't the oil life monitor indicate I was due for an oil change for which they didn't have an answer.  They checked for an oil leak with a dye but didn't find any.

Anyway the car drives perfectly fine now.  So I wrongfully accused GM of screwing me for which I apologize :)

I'll check the oil level weekly for the next several months manually with the dipstick.  Something feels a little fishy.  They may not have put in enough oil on the last oil change they did.

2o6

What percent was the oil life monitor at? You can check it yourself pretty easily in the driver menu.

veeman

Normally oil life monitor comes on automatically at either 5% or 10% which is when I schedule for oil change.  I periodically check it anyways but don't remember what it was.  Probably around 20-30%.  Technician said oil life monitor doesn't indicate if oil level is low.  I would think some other monitor would have alerted me to that but apparently not. 

2o6

There's no oil monitor for actual level on GM cars. How low was "low"? the car has a dummy light, but that only kicks on when the oil pressure is too low (or when the car is bone dry).

veeman

Low enough to cause the engine to misfire and make it appear the transmission was screwed to a mechanic who test drove it. 

I mean I'm thrilled nothing's wrong with the transmission and barring any unforeseen big problem, I can keep the car for around two more years.  GM has done me real well then because the car is a great family hauler.

GoCougs

Coulda been that low on oil = low(er) oil pressure and it messed with the VVT/L which caused the engine to not run correctly...

2o6

68_427

I wonder if the new Buick mid size SUV will have a "when you need it" 3rd row?
'racecar is die'
no

veeman

Quote from: 2o6 on July 16, 2014, 04:59:23 PM
I'd dump it, IMO

In all seriousness, why?  Because it's a relatively high mileage GM car that will sooner rather than later give me serious trouble?  Someone told me the sweet spot for selling a car is 70 thousand miles.  Below that you'll get high dollar and above that your car isn't worth much and it's better to keep driving it until you don't trust it.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: SVT32V on July 13, 2014, 09:18:00 AM
I assume you are a fan of the movie "Harold and Maude" and the E-type hearse.

Well, a fan of the car, not of the movie. Bizarre, and not in an entertaining way. The movie that is: the car is bizarre in a thoroughly delightful way.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Quote from: GoCougs on July 16, 2014, 03:32:13 PM
Coulda been that low on oil = low(er) oil pressure and it messed with the VVT/L which caused the engine to not run correctly...

That's the case with Toyota and Honda systems.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Rupert

Has no one made a butt sex comment yet? 0_o
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

AutobahnSHO

I want a Flex. Red with sunroofs please.
Will