I drove an RX-8 Today

Started by 2o6, July 15, 2014, 05:27:01 PM

12,000 RPM

Quote from: SVT666 on August 13, 2014, 10:13:12 AM
Why would you buy an RX-8 and DD a POS Civic?  RX-8 would be a perfect DD...well, except for having to put oil in it every day.

The Civic would pay for itself in oil and gas savings. Plus they are not that bad. People gush over slow cars here all day... a well sorted Civic is not worlds away from a Miata/Febreeze. And I would definitely have to turbocharge the RX-8, no question.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Onslaught

Um, a civic is worlds away from the MX-5. It's not even in the same ball park. Hell, it's not even in that ball parks parking lot.

12,000 RPM

Dont take it personal, it is what it is.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on August 13, 2014, 10:13:12 AM
Why would you buy an RX-8 and DD a POS Civic?  RX-8 would be a perfect DD...well, except for having to put oil in it every day.

And gas twice a day.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 13, 2014, 10:36:14 AM
The Civic would pay for itself in oil and gas savings. Plus they are not that bad. People gush over slow cars here all day... a well sorted Civic is not worlds away from a Miata/Febreeze. And I would definitely have to turbocharge the RX-8, no question.

Most people who like cars and own Civics say they're really fun. I've never driven any but the Si, and I really liked those. My friend sold or totaled (can't remember) his 13.6 1/4 Mustang and got a Civic LX (pre-spaceship model, this was a while ago) and loved it more than he did his Mustang.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  on August 13, 2014, 01:32:10 PM
Most people who like cars and own Civics say they're really fun. I've never driven any but the Si, and I really liked those. My friend sold or totaled (can't remember) his 13.6 1/4 Mustang and got a Civic LX (pre-spaceship model, this was a while ago) and loved it more than he did his Mustang.
The SVT Focus is the most fun car I have ever owned.

hotrodalex

Hot rodded VW Bug is probably the most fun car I've driven.

Onslaught

I've been in many civics. Fine cars, told friends to buy them. Nothing against them.
They're in no way as close to as much fun as a miata.

r0tor

You dont buy a RX8 and a civic, you buy a RX8 and an oil tanker... duh
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed