Automatic air pump

Started by AutobahnSHO, July 27, 2014, 09:16:06 AM

AutobahnSHO

The gas station on base had a line of people waiting for the air pump. It's free first of all, but second, you just hit up or down to change the PSI on the display, then put the chuck on the valve stem. It measures and inflates to the pressure you want then beeps to let you know that tire is done.

Pretty slick.
Will

Byteme

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 27, 2014, 09:16:06 AM
The gas station on base had a line of people waiting for the air pump. It's free first of all, but second, you just hit up or down to change the PSI on the display, then put the chuck on the valve stem. It measures and inflates to the pressure you want then beeps to let you know that tire is done.

Pretty slick.

I'd still check the tires with a gauge you know is accurate.  I remember machines like you mention at gas ststions in the 1960's.  Those weren't very accurate. 

hotrodalex

We have a portable compressor for autocross events and the gauge on the compressor jumps a few psi while it's on, so yeah I always check with a separate gauge.

MX793

My brother has a handheld, battery operated compressor "gun" (Craftsman, IIRC) with an automatic kickoff.  Problem is the dynamic pressure effect results in the built in gauge reading a couple of psi high when it's running, so you need to compensate for that.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

BokWaChanRukTer

I want to have to part with you.How can I do?

Rupert

Quote from: CLKid on July 27, 2014, 11:50:30 AM
I'd still check the tires with a gauge you know is accurate.  I remember machines like you mention at gas ststions in the 1960's.  Those weren't very accurate.

I think it's possible this technology has improved in the last 50 years.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Pancor

Free compressed air that stops at a predetermined pressure.  Sounds familiar...!

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)