Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 21, 2020, 01:34:48 AM
Brilliant!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYf595EJAc4

That was awesome.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Morris Minor

Quote from: dazzleman on August 20, 2020, 05:40:29 PM
I'm getting the 6.  I even considered the 8 but that's too much.  I haven't owned an 8 cylinder since 1982.
A legitimate addition to make you King of 'SPIN Luxury Talk. Really looking forward to seeing the pics! Congrats.

You put me in ind of my dad. He worked his bollocks off all his life, lived frugally. When he retired he splashed out for a Saab 9000 maxed out with all the packages - including the most beautiful leather interior. He never regretted it - used it for long distance stuff - European tours etc.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

FoMoJo

First I've heard of this NA supercar...Producer's Reaction After Riding Shotgun With SSC Tuatara Is Priceless

He was lost for words, and understandably so.
There are plenty of SSC Tuatara videos out there. With production numbers limited to only a hundred units, and with almost a decade-long wait for the actual car to happen, Shelby SuperCars makes sure that we on the interwebs know that the Tuatara is something to behold with.

While the previous Tuatara videos we've seen involve close-up looks or even acceleration runs touting its thousands of horses, this latest video involves a shotgun passenger – Los Angeles producer and hypercar aficionado Buddy Wyrick.

Even better, SSC North America Founder and CEO Jerod Shelby is at the helm, giving Wyrick an exclusive first-hand experience of what's it like to be a passenger inside the million-dollar hypercar. It was a casual shotgun ride... at first.

Based on the video embedded on top, Wyrick's reactions were priceless. There's even a moment when Wyrick looked like he was scared for his life, which he admitted at the latter part of the six-minute footage. We can only imagine the feeling, however, but based on Wyrick's reaction, we can't help but wonder if we'll ever get our hands on one.

With Nearly A Decade-Long Wait, Videos Are Imperative:
Watch SSC Tuatara Shoot Flames During Track Mode Shifting
SSC Wants You To Get To Know The Tuatara Better In This Closeup Video
Just in case you forgot, the Tuatara is powered by a 5.9-liter twin-turbocharged flat-plane-crank V8 that makes 1,750 horsepower (1,305 kilowatts) on E85 and 1,350 hp (1007 kW) on 91 octane. It has a dry weight of 2,750 pounds (1,247 kilograms) and a drag coefficient of 0.279.

Adding more to its prominence is the Tuatara's acceleration from 60 to 120 mph (96 to 193 km/h) in just 2.5 seconds.

It's mind-boggling, yes, and so is its price tag that can reach almost $2 million. Yep, we're not going to get into one. Not in this lifetime, at least.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on August 23, 2020, 12:03:07 PM
So, Priscilla? Elvis's wife? Some affair with an English chick? Something else?  :lol:

I thought the name was very fitting for such an elegant lady like my A250. :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MX793

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 21, 2020, 01:34:48 AM
Brilliant!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYf595EJAc4

I think the Airwolf one is even better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73iTHJQaxcY
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on August 24, 2020, 07:11:19 PM

I don't think I've ever been this turned on in my life.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on August 25, 2020, 09:38:20 AM
I don't think I've ever been this turned on in my life.

I like the chick in the bottom left. Definitely a freak in the sheets.

Raza

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 25, 2020, 09:41:58 AM
I like the chick in the bottom left. Definitely a freak in the sheets.

Definitely.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on August 24, 2020, 07:11:19 PM

She's fun!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ZoHdFg_Bs

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

From my recent shoot in Nürnberg with a 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack...

I call this photo.... DaimlerChrysler:thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Got to experience the new Porsche Taycan 4S today. Feels amazing. The acceleration is really awesome. Received the keys and had to take some quick and dirty shots in the underground parking garage, which features a nice straightaway...

What I found annoying was the fake "internal combustion engine noise" sound, which you mainly hear outside the car. Also, the digital cockpit has a similar layout to Mercedes-Benz MBUX, however the controls are not as logical and simple.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

NomisR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 28, 2020, 03:08:18 PM
Got to experience the new Porsche Taycan 4S today. Feels amazing. The acceleration is really awesome. Received the keys and had to take some quick and dirty shots in the underground parking garage, which features a nice straightaway...

What I found annoying was the fake "internal combustion engine noise" sound, which you mainly hear outside the car. Also, the digital cockpit has a similar layout to Mercedes-Benz MBUX, however the controls are not as logical and simple.

How do you like it compared to a Tesla?

Laconian

I think that some sort of annoying synthesized sound at city speeds is legally required, so that you don't mow down blind people.

What would a better sound be like? A long, drawn-out belch?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on August 28, 2020, 05:16:01 PM
I think that some sort of annoying synthesized sound at city speeds is legally required, so that you don't mow down blind people.

What would a better sound be like? A long, drawn-out belch?

Sounds like something that might be geo-tagged to work only where and when its prudent?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Laconian

I wonder if anybody's modded their Leaf or whatever to let their mobile phone play whatever wav file is appropriate.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on August 28, 2020, 06:03:49 PM
I wonder if anybody's modded their Leaf or whatever to let their mobile phone play whatever wav file is appropriate.

Tie fighter? 2 stroke diesel? Mating hyena?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 28, 2020, 06:11:44 PM
Tie fighter? 2 stroke diesel? Mating hyena?

A chorus of all three would be spectacular.

Laconian

Fart canned WRX! :rockon:

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 28, 2020, 03:08:18 PM

Does the sound vary with acceleration or is it just one loud bleating tone?

Laconian

IIRC it's a futuristic Shepard tone

cawimmer430

Quote from: NomisR on August 28, 2020, 05:07:09 PM
How do you like it compared to a Tesla?

The Porsche definitely feels better made: interior quality is top notch. The steering feedback is very direct. I also like the 360-degree birds eye parking camera view which is severely lacking in the Model 3.

I found the Tesla Model 3 to be much spacious up front: the Taycan sort off wraps around you a bit and feels a little tight. In the Tesla Model 3 you can also push the driver's seat back really far, useful for 6'4" guys like me. The touchscreen of the Tesla is easier to understand and use. The Taycan also had a touchscreen, but the digital speedmeters and various submenus were a pain to use; the controls on the steering wheel are just not very logical. I keep comparing these things to the logical, simple and easy/quick-to-learn MBUX setup.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on August 28, 2020, 07:09:38 PM

Like Space Sheep? A synthesized digital bleating?

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on August 28, 2020, 07:09:38 PM
Shepherd or sheep?

Eye of the Tiger

Laconian

Soup DeVille

Eye of the Tiger