Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

r0tor

I could see myself hopping in an i4 for my next car if it drives good... Well as long as it doesn't have beaver teeth
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

cawimmer430

For the Wankel fans. In German, but cool videos of Wankel-powered cars from NSU.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C03Jcir_2tI

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

ASS SERVICE :thumbsup:

"ASS" in this case stands for Allround Schädlingsbekämpfung + Service, so basically an allround anti-pest/vermin service. In German "Ass" means "ace", but I am sure these guys had no idea what this would mean in English!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 14, 2021, 06:08:59 AM
ASS SERVICE :thumbsup:

"ASS" in this case stands for Allround Schädlingsbekämpfung + Service, so basically an allround anti-pest/vermin service. In German "Ass" means "ace", but I am sure these guys had no idea what this would mean in English!

But will they sell me a handy?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

r0tor

They should team up with this shipping company

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AutobahnSHO

I'm just wondering what kind of a person buys a Panamera from Carmax.

Very beautiful blue btw.
Will

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on July 14, 2021, 02:00:07 PM
But will they sell me a handy?

I don't get it...  :(

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 16, 2021, 04:03:28 AM
I don't get it...  :(

A handy is a cellphone in Germany, no?  In English it is a sex act.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on July 16, 2021, 05:14:10 AM
A handy is a cellphone in Germany, no?  In English it is a sex act.

Yes, "Handy" is slang for smartphone, but it's not a sex act in German. The right words for that would be ficken (to fuck), blasen (blowjob) or runter holen (to whack off or whack somebody off). :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

JWC

That runter holen sounds like it hurts.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JWC on July 16, 2021, 06:42:05 PM
That runter holen sounds like it hurts.

It sounds like either a pastry or an advanced skiing technique.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Just for fun I looked up "sich einen runter holen" on Youtube and bam - instant display of hundreds of videos of German men and women giving you tips and literal tutorials on how to pleasure yourself or have your partner pleasure you.

Absolutely insane.  :lol:

Like these two weirdos....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmHq2hF9a04

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Finally! The A-Class story.  :rockon:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxYbZLVkZL8

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Morris Minor

My daughter's just bought a 2018 RAV4 Hybrid from Carvana - sight unseen. Gulp. Some Ts to cross and Is to dot with paperwork - but they're delivering it next week.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

FoMoJo

Quote from: Morris Minor on July 17, 2021, 10:51:03 AM
My daughter's just bought a 2018 RAV4 Hybrid from Carvana - sight unseen. Gulp. Some Ts to cross and Is to dot with paperwork - but they're delivering it next week.
That was quick.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

AutobahnSHO

Should be a solid choice though!
Will

shp4man

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 17, 2021, 04:42:41 AM
Just for fun I looked up "sich einen runter holen" on Youtube and bam - instant display of hundreds of videos of German men and women giving you tips and literal tutorials on how to pleasure yourself or have your partner pleasure you.

Very educational.

;)

GoCougs

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 17, 2021, 04:42:41 AM

Jesus, that is the most non-sexy thing I've seen in quite some time.

cawimmer430

Quote from: shp4man on July 17, 2021, 04:58:50 PM
Very educational.

;)

:lol:

I didn't even watch this. I only saw The first five seconds and was like, "This shit will do...".  :tounge:

Quote from: GoCougs on July 17, 2021, 06:06:40 PM
Jesus, that is the most non-sexy thing I've seen in quite some time.

The cover photo of the video shows two unsexy "girls". Like I said, wackos. ;)

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

So Scrappy (silver) has 166k miles and a lot of rust under the rear of the doors.

I just found a local guy willing to sell an entire Miata shell (white) with everything removable taken off for $300. (he's parting EVERYTHING out, so it wouldn't have lights, mirrors, trunk, etc...)

Of course I'm leaving country for a year in a couple weeks. But I "kinda" have garage space to keep a shell...

QUESTIONS
#1 would it be cheaper/ easier to swap everything off one body to another?
#2 what would the VIN/ registration implications be in #1?
#3 OR could I cut out the lower portions off the shell and take it to a shop to cut out the bad spots and weld in the good ones?

Either way I'm assuming a full paint job at the end. More money than it's worth but whatever..

MAYBE wife would be ok with handling #3 while I'm gone, but I'd need to hurry and hack the shell up and have it sitting for her to handle...
Will

cawimmer430

I'm in a Spotted Today group on Facebook. One of the guys there spotted this excellent condition Dodge Aspen Wagon! WOW!!!!!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

They have a 7 day return policy, no gulp necessary.  My friend bought his Impreza from them and it couldn't have been an easier or more pleasant process, he said.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

CaminoRacer

I'm a big fan of Carvana and CarMax. I hate dealerships, especially used car dealerships. I only bought our Bolt from a used dealership because it was a small electric car dealer that didn't even do financing, just sales.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

RomanChariot

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 20, 2021, 12:59:35 PM
I'm a big fan of Carvana and CarMax. I hate dealerships, especially used car dealerships. I only bought our Bolt from a used dealership because it was a small electric car dealer that didn't even do financing, just sales.

I have had mixed experiences with car dealerships. I prefer buying from private parties but I can't always find what I am looking for that way. I was going to buy a used car from a new car dealership's lot and they required me to finance the car through them in order to get the quoted price. I agreed and made sure there was no early payoff penalty. I was filling out the paperwork and they threw in paperwork for gap insurance without even mentioning it. I was putting the maximum down payment they would allow with their financing deal because my original plan was to pay cash. Why in the world would I want gap insurance if there was no chance I would be upside down on the financing? I pulled that paperwork out and said I wasn't interested.

The deal ended up falling apart because the car had a problem that I said needed to be repaired or the deal was off. The car ended up needing new motor mounts and they weren't willing to fix the problem so I unwound the deal and walked away. Of course the salesman didn't call me to let me know what the problem was like he said he would. I called him to get an update and he said he had just been planning to tell me when I came back into the dealership. I told him there was no reason to come back in if they weren't willing to fix the problem. He had the nerve after that to ask me if I still wanted to buy the car.

FoMoJo

Driving a Mustang Shelby GT500 at the Nurburgring Made Me Jealous of Americans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30c3mINaONk

So imagine my shock, and picture the growing grin across my face, as I'm driving this 2020 Shelby GT500 around the Nordschleife for the first ever time. Of course the acceleration is bordering on insane, and naturally the soundtrack is akin to an orgasmic duet between a NASCAR stocker and an IHRA dragster. That's a given.

But the steering is direct and feelsome as we navigate the cambers and bumps of Hatzenbach. My fingertips can feel what those huge 305-width Michelins Pilot Sport 4s up front are doing, and the signals are bouncing around an open loop between palms and spinal cord at the speed of light. The front of my brain can concentrate on the owner/passenger's hilarious grin, or the lovely graphic representing the temperature of the 2.65-liter supercharger's oil (rock-solid, all day, thanks for asking). The steering of this 760-hp Mustang is, and I say this with all the clichéd gravitas it deserves, intuitive. The body control is bordering on brilliant, and the traction is deeply impressive. Within seconds I'm hitting full throttle long before the steering is straight. On my first lap ever in this car, that insane torque is flowing seamlessly, magically even, to the rear 315s without a slide or a squiggle.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Rich

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 20, 2021, 12:59:35 PM

I looked at some used WRXs on Carmax. 24k was the cheapest one they had. I think from 2016 or so?  They sell new for 26k
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Rich on July 20, 2021, 02:41:42 PM
I looked at some used WRXs on Carmax. 24k was the cheapest one they had. I think from 2016 or so?  They sell new for 26k

Carvana and Carmax are usually a little bit pricier than other dealerships. But I think $24k for a WRX is just the reality of the used car market right now. I only see 1 new WRX for sale in my state, and 3 STI's. Very limited new options.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV