Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on April 05, 2022, 06:23:07 AM
What is the big tub for?  Is that where they transport the drunks that they arrest?

Probably where they store the flowers and teddy bears for Arab clan members and illegal migrant drug dealers from Africa. :lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 05, 2022, 08:08:13 AM
Do they sell ice cream?

They sell love!

The Berlin police has been castrated by their superiors and they basically can't arrest Arab clan members or "people of color" because those can then pull the "racism" card. In fact Berlin police officers have to prove that the PoC they arrested committed a crime. Of course, they don't carry video cameras on them because that would conflict with the retarded GDPR laws which state that you need to first ask permission to film someone...

SHIT HOLE BERLIN.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Caton Is New British Sports Car Teasing Retro-Styled Roadster

Not much to go on, but it sounds interesting...

Other than the Italians, the British have come up with some of the loveliest, and most copied, designs.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Someone in one of the many Facebook car groups I am in posted this. Stunning concept of what a different 1970s Cadillac Eldorado Coupe could have looked like! WOW! :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Morris Minor

Drove the CX-5 down into the burbs yesterday through heavy rain & aquaplaned in a couple of spots. This was not super-deep floodwater or anything, just poor surface drainage. But put 10,000 miles on a set of OEM tires, that were bottom-tier garbage out of the factory, and you're going to fold at the slightest challenge.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

FoMoJo

Ferrari 308 With Honda Engine Swap Sounds Absolutely Evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6jEJGsPlnI

The staccato raspiness from the Honda engine makes it sound like the world's angriest popcorn popper.

Personally, I think he could have found an old Honda Civic to play with, rather than butchering a Ferrari 308.  Magnum must be in tears.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Soup DeVille

2 great reasons to do this:

1- Ferrari people are stuck up twats and will get really mad about it.

2- The 308 was a slug- a 180 HP, 3200 lb malaise era  embarrassment, and a well built turbo K-series is an improvement in every way that can push 8-900 HP.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

I think it would be better with a VW TDI engine. About 90 HP, tons of black smoke. Like a normal 308.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 08, 2022, 05:00:16 PM
2 great reasons to do this:

1- Ferrari people are stuck up twats and will get really mad about it.

2- The 308 was a slug- a 180 HP, 3200 lb malaise era  embarrassment, and a well built turbo K-series is an improvement in every way that can push 8-900 HP.
No doubt some Ferrari people are stuck up twats the same as some who drive pick-ups.  Neither here nor there.

2,835 lb for a GTBi and 211 bhp, not so bad for a 2.9L V8 from the malaise era.

Certainly people have differing opinions concerning vehicle modifications, and that's all fine.  Personally, I just like to respect the marque.

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

cawimmer430

Oh lord, bless you for giving us motorists this "cheap" fuel today! ONLY 1.99 Euros per liter (aka $2.17 per 0.26 US gallons). Getting violated by the government wasn't as painful today!  :rolleyes:

"Only" paid 39.26 Euros ($42.82) for 19.64 liters (5.19 US gallons)!!! So what are Americans whining about filling up their F-650 Twin Fuel Tanks for $40!?  :lol:

Ok, charade over.... F*CK, these eco hysterical a-holes.  :lockedup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

r0tor

Is it just me, or does it seem nearly ever car/truck/SUV sold in the last 20 years is nearly unbearable to drive with the windows down?  The Alfa has terrible buffeting, the POS focus actually emitted a strong drumming sound from the rear shelf flexing, my jeep is generally not great experience.either.  My RX8 is not bad and I remember growing up always riding around with the windows down.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

Quote from: r0tor on April 11, 2022, 04:31:41 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem nearly ever car/truck/SUV sold in the last 20 years is nearly unbearable to drive with the windows down?  The Alfa has terrible buffeting, the POS focus actually emitted a strong drumming sound from the rear shelf flexing, my jeep is generally not great experience.either.  My RX8 is not bad and I remember growing up always riding around with the windows down.
When I put the driver's window down, I always open the rear opposite (passenger side) window a couple of inches in order to get rid of the buffeting.

Soup DeVille

Yes; my theory is that as A-pillars have gotten larger (for crash purposes), they've also become more sculpted (better aero), which brings the airflow closer to the body. The unfortunate result for windows down cruising is that now you have air blasting directly into the cabin.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

I thought that it might have something to do with the cabin being more airtight so that any air trying to get in has nowhere to get out; which is why the buffeting goes away when you open a rear window a bit.

shp4man

I agree. the wife's Fusion is awful. The old truck doesn't do it at all.

AutobahnSHO

Plus we drive faster!
Will

cawimmer430

I normally don't watch this guy's videos, but this stretch of Autobahn seemed very familiar: it's the same Autobahn I take from Munich to Mühldorf! Almost 100 km of no speed limit until you're forced to slow down to 80 km/h because of a tunnel, and then you can once against speed for hundreds of km's.  :praise:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N24f_YU-7es

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: shp4man on April 11, 2022, 08:38:59 PM
I agree. the wife's Fusion is awful. The old truck doesn't do it at all.
Those little vent windows make a difference.

Eye of the Tiger

Get ready for 15% ethanol gasoline.

https://on.mktw.net/3jCrgnj

:pee:

Eye of the Tiger

Apparently, only a small number of gas stations even sell E15. Why even bother?

CaminoRacer

I found a station with ethanol-free premium, so I might start using that for the El Camino. Usually the ethanol-free I've seen is regular or mid-grade so I could never get it.

I also found a station with 100 octane unleaded. :rockon:

CaminoRacer

Eye of the Tiger

Definitely should've passed that slow car with fenders.

giant_mtb

cawimmer430

The Chrysler Crossfire Story - "Route 66 meets the Autobahn"...  :tounge:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdL9Ic3aRPw

www.wimmerfotografie.de

r0tor

Hah... I worked here a couple decades ago
https://youtu.be/QFU6uMYL2EM
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

cawimmer430

Fascinating.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=724OqpS2kBM

www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Florida Ford GT Owner Crashes Because He's "Unfamiliar" With Manual Transmission

A Ford GT owner in Boca Raton, Florida crashed his recently purchased supercar into a tree Friday evening because he was "unfamiliar with how to drive stick shift," police say.

The driver, 50-year-old Robert J. Guarini, told police he lost control after downshifting while leaving his housing development at around 6 p.m. This led to a head-on collision with a palm tree. Guarini then told a nearby security worker that he did not have his phone and needed a ride back to his house, where he spoke to police via landline after leaving the vehicle unattended, police say.