Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

giant_mtb

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 24, 2018, 08:36:40 PM
To keep it brief and family friendly, that is not a question she needs to know the answer to.

Dude it's a 4th grade test question that any adult should be able to deduce with basic critical thinking skills.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 25, 2018, 09:58:41 AM
Any reasonable adult person should be able to answer that. It's like asking "how many eggs are in a box of 12?" Sorry, I'm not going to mke excuses for that girl.

But, a friend who makes a point of embarassing their friend like that is an asshole.
To be fair, attention is currency in today's society, so the whole thing could be staged.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 25, 2018, 01:09:00 PM
To be fair, attention is currency in today's society, so the whole thing could be staged.

True.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CaminoRacer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 25, 2018, 01:09:00 PM

Decent chance. I'm pretty sure the original video is legit, though. (guy driving asking his blonde wife/gf the same question)
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

There's a blue Tesla in the parking lot here now. Some Captain (single) just got it delivered...

Pretty sleek!
Will

SJ_GTI

AutobahnSHO

it's an S. He said he has been on the 3 list since 2016 and got tired of waiting.

So apparently he lives in Watertown NY, about 20min away. I think he's in apartments, cuz he said he'll charge it at the superchargers at the mall and drive in. So is he parking his 'other' car at the apartment and driving to the mall? There's no apartments in walking distance of the mall.

Kinda weird...
Will

SJ_GTI

Yeah not sure I would get an electric car if I lived in an apartment.  :hmm:

Laconian

I'm not sure if I'd get a $70,000 car if I lived in an apartment.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MX793

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 26, 2018, 02:35:09 PM
it's an S. He said he has been on the 3 list since 2016 and got tired of waiting.

So apparently he lives in Watertown NY, about 20min away. I think he's in apartments, cuz he said he'll charge it at the superchargers at the mall and drive in. So is he parking his 'other' car at the apartment and driving to the mall? There's no apartments in walking distance of the mall.

Kinda weird...

I'm guessing he parks it at his apartment and either on his way to work or from work, stops at the supercharger station to charge it up before continuing to his final destination.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on March 26, 2018, 02:52:33 PM
I'm not sure if I'd get a $70,000 car if I lived in an apartment.

Army Captain. His housing is paid for, and he doesn't know where he'll be next year.

Could be worse; could be my brother in law in who bought a house at every post.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 26, 2018, 04:45:37 PM
Army Captain. His housing is paid for, and he doesn't know where he'll be next year.

Could be worse; could be my brother in law in who bought a house at every post.

I rented from someone like that- they had a handyman take care of stuff and they kept up the bare minimum. But they owned 3 houses.
Will

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

veeman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 26, 2018, 02:35:09 PM

Kinda weird...

That's the thing with Tesla.  I've never heard with any other car in my lifetime so many people (who normally don't shop for cars in that price range) put down around 80 plus grand for one. 

My cousin, a very financially successful guy, drives a 15 year old Acura MDX daily to work.  His wife curbed it and he just spent $1500 to fix it, much to his wife's irritation.  But a year ago he bought a model S supposedly for his daughter even though she never drives it (she's in highschool).  He just wanted that model S and had to find a reason to get it.  I think he barely drives it but he gets all psyched when Tesla sends him another "update".

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: veeman on March 27, 2018, 08:08:06 AM
That’s the thing with Tesla.  I’ve never heard with any other car in my lifetime so many people (who normally don’t shop for cars in that price range) put down around 80 plus grand for one. 

My cousin, a very financially successful guy, drives a 15 year old Acura MDX daily to work.  His wife curbed it and he just spent $1500 to fix it, much to his wife’s irritation.  But a year ago he bought a model S supposedly for his daughter even though she never drives it (she’s in highschool).  He just wanted that model S and had to find a reason to get it.  I think he barely drives it but he gets all psyched when Tesla sends him another “update”.

Something which drives people bonkers, for sure.
Will

12,000 RPM

That's the thing with Tesla.  I've never heard with any other car in my lifetime so many people (who normally don't shop for cars in that price range) put down around 80 plus grand for one. 

My cousin, a very financially successful guy, drives a 15 year old Acura MDX daily to work.  His wife curbed it and he just spent $1500 to fix it, much to his wife's irritation.  But a year ago he bought a model S supposedly for his daughter even though she never drives it (she's in highschool).  He just wanted that model S and had to find a reason to get it.  I think he barely drives it but he gets all psyched when Tesla sends him another "update".
Holy fuck man.

Laconian

TELL ME ABOUT IT! Tesla has successfully tapped the legion of unthusiast yuppies. The big executive car market wasn't half this hot five years ago.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Galaxy

What country is Mini from again?  :lol:

Btw. I love what they did with those rear lights.

CaminoRacer

The lights are cool. Everything else is a little overkill.

68_427

Damn the aviator concept is fucking on point
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Dat shit cray brah.

CaminoRacer

I saw a little bit of road rage today! This idiot in an Altima was clogging the left lane. There was a truck behind him for like 5 minutes that obviously wanted to pass, but the AltimaTard wouldn't move over. Finally the truck went to pass him on the right, and the Altima sped up like a total asshole! I think the guy in the truck may have flipped him off, but I'm not sure if that was before or after the Altima sped up. So the truck got back behind the AltimaTard and tailgated him for a minute or two before passing him in the HOV lane.

I normally go 79-80 but I went a little bit faster in order to watch the idiots go at it. :lol:

giant_mtb

I had some clueless lady in a Subaru take a stab at a 4-way stop that I clearly had the first go at. I was halfway into the intersection turning left, she was across from me turning right, she started going and realized what was going on and then gunned it. lol.

Gotta-Qik-C7

I drive for a living so I've seen it all! Nothing burns me more than someone that speeds up when you try to pass them.....
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

giant_mtb

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-C6 on March 28, 2018, 09:58:28 PM
I drive for a living so I've seen it all! Nothing burns me more than someone that speeds up when you try to pass them.....

OH!  And the other day...got on the highway, and there was a State Boy in the right lane.  He was going about 60 in a 55.  An out-of-state Audi Q7 got in the left lane to pass him...and just sat in his blind spot...meanwhile I was trying to get by, because I knew I wasn't gonna get pulled over for 62, and would have accepted it if he did.  This fucking Audi sat in the cop's blind spot for 3 miles and eventually slowed down and moved in behind him.  So I passed them all.  Didn't get pulled over...cop turned into the State Police post right off the highway.  The Q7 tailed me the rest of the way. :rolleyes:

I can't stand people that won't pass cops...especially if they create a traffic jam over it.

68_427

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 28, 2018, 08:58:58 PM
I had some clueless lady in a Subaru take a stab at a 4-way stop that I clearly had the first go at. I was halfway into the intersection turning left, she was across from me turning right, she started going and realized what was going on and then gunned it. lol.

Better than the cops around here that don't even make an attempt to stop.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 28, 2018, 10:17:48 PM
OH!  And the other day...got on the highway, and there was a State Boy in the right lane.  He was going about 60 in a 55.  An out-of-state Audi Q7 got in the left lane to pass him...and just sat in his blind spot...meanwhile I was trying to get by, because I knew I wasn't gonna get pulled over for 62, and would have accepted it if he did.  This fucking Audi sat in the cop's blind spot for 3 miles and eventually slowed down and moved in behind him.  So I passed them all.  Didn't get pulled over...cop turned into the State Police post right off the highway.  The Q7 tailed me the rest of the way. :rolleyes:

I can't stand people that won't pass cops...especially if they create a traffic jam over it.
Fuck that. I got a ticket for passing a cop. Lawyer got it tossed but it still cost me. I will ride in their lane behind them though for brave folks like you :lol:

cawimmer430

Meanwhile in the Land of the Free (when it comes to cars).  :devil:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtVgYaLSUew
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 28, 2018, 10:17:48 PM

I see it all the time! Even Cops cars that are out of their juristiction, Rent A Cops, Park Rangers and those assholes that buy old police cars as their DD! Can you say Rolling Road Block!?!?!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide