Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MX793 on January 25, 2019, 11:27:21 AM
I'd be looking at a Mini vert before a Fiat.  Probably a tough find as cheap as that Fiat, but there's a reason by those older 500s are cheap:  they're junk.

Agree totally, with the catch that I wonder how upright the seating is in a Mini.

Impreza the seat is angled slightly down towards the back, and the seatback even if I tilt it back quite a bit, is still curved funny so it puts a lot of pressure on my lower spine. I never really liked the seating position before I had back problems- and it seems the symptoms first showed during a 7hr drive in Impreza.

Even my Legacy wasn't as weird angled as Impreza, although it seemed the same dimensions.
Will

Galaxy

Anyone know what car this is?

License plate is from Cologne, so it probably is a Toyota, or Ford test car.

Raza

Quote from: Galaxy on January 26, 2019, 03:14:18 PM

Kind of feels like some Volkswagen design language there.  Is there a new Passat coming soon?  Maybe a new Seat or Skoda?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Galaxy on January 26, 2019, 03:14:18 PM

Very 90's looking from that view.  Must be a VW product. :huh:
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

2o6

Qoros 3.

I'm surprised they're still trying to make that thing work; I don't think it sells very well in China. The whole car company is a joint venture between Chery and an Israeli company of some sort.

Morris Minor

Quote from: 2o6 on January 27, 2019, 10:52:27 AM
Qoros 3.

I'm surprised they're still trying to make that thing work; I don't think it sells very well in China. The whole car company is a joint venture between Chery and an Israeli company of some sort.
I was completely stumped by that.
Your car knowledge -->  :golfclap:
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

Is that like a Mazda 3, but uglier, more fall aparty, and with the drivetrain from an early 90s Hyundai?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Galaxy

Quote from: 2o6 on January 27, 2019, 10:52:27 AM
Qoros 3.

Ahhh, thank you!

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 27, 2019, 11:52:22 AM
Is that like a Mazda 3, but uglier, more fall aparty, and with the drivetrain from an early 90s Hyundai?

No, that car is ground up all new. Bosch did a lot of legwork and design stuff, IIRC.

FoMoJo

Quote from: 2o6 on January 27, 2019, 11:54:14 AM

No, that car is ground up all new. Bosch did a lot of legwork and design stuff, IIRC.
Where's it manufactured? China?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Eye of the Tiger

Wikipodia says it has a 1.6 petrol engine with 126 hp/114 tq, or a 1.6 turbo petrol engine that makes 156 hp/155 tq. Kind of sad, but five star safety.

Laconian

Five star? A big improvement from -3 stars (compresses into a singularity upon impact).
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

12,000 RPM

Cleaning out my inbox.........

:cry:
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

Some local Uber vehicles now have BLUE led "Uber" signs in their windshields. How the fuck they are getting away with that, I don't know.

CALL_911

Just drove a 6MT 340xi and it was great. Quick as all hell, fun to drive, great sound system and I like the interior styling. I'd totally replace my car with one.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on January 29, 2019, 04:41:41 PM
Some local Uber vehicles now have BLUE led "Uber" signs in their windshields. How the fuck they are getting away with that, I don't know.

I have a pink Lyft one.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on January 30, 2019, 11:19:46 AM
I have a pink Lyft one.

It's illegal, but especially blue for police. At least pink is for nothing. But I believe DOT (nationwide) standards specify only white and amber lights in front, plus red in the rear.

Galaxy

Interesting story from Belgium. There is a family that used to be very wealthy in the past, but over the decades they lost most of their money. But, they do have a farm with a barn and in it is a 1937 Bugatti Type 57 Cabriolet, 1923 Bugatti Type 49 Berline, a half restored 1929 Bugatti Type 40, oh and a 1929 Citroen 5HP cabriolet.

They are now selling the cars after someone tried to steal them last year, and they can not afford insurance.

FoMoJo

Pride of the Valkyries

Legendary engine builder Cosworth will make just 150 custom V-12s for the new Aston Martin Valkyrie supercar. Here's what's inside that roaring 1,000-hp monster.

Eye of the Tiger

That exhaust manifold makes me :dance:

Soup DeVille

That type-49 has no headlights. You could order them that way; if you didn't plan on driving at night. The
Esders roadster; best looking of the type-41s; didn't have any either because Mr. Esders thought they ruined the lines of the front fenders.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

Seconds after the top shot was taken I passed 200 km/h. So many frigging slow pokes on the fast lane. I swear the new generation of German drivers have forgotten the rules of the Autobahn.  :banghead:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 01, 2019, 03:52:07 PM
Seconds after the top shot was taken I passed 200 km/h. So many frigging slow pokes on the fast lane. I swear the new generation of German drivers have forgotten the rules of the Autobahn.  :banghead:

Schit. They must have taken driving school in South Carolina.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 01, 2019, 05:00:40 PM
Schit. They must have taken driving school in South Carolina.

If that means suddenly merging onto the left lane at a slow speed to overtake a slow truck/car then maybe you're onto something! :lol:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 01, 2019, 05:10:20 PM
If that means suddenly merging onto the left lane at a slow speed to overtake a slow truck/car then maybe you're onto something! :lol:

Dude, I routinely follow vehicles merging slowly onto the highway that immediately make a bee line for the far left lane, for no reason other than pure stupidity. There is no traffic to pass, and they aren't even up to the speed limit, yet. I merge normally and quickly pass them in the right lane with my incredibly slow pickup truck. Drivers are homocidally stupid here. The newest dent on my Dakota proves it.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 01, 2019, 05:18:53 PM
Dude, I routinely follow vehicles merging slowly onto the highway that immediately make a bee line for the far left lane, for no reason other than pure stupidity. There is no traffic to pass, and they aren't even up to the speed limit, yet. I merge normally and quickly pass them in the right lane with my incredibly slow pickup truck. Drivers are homocidally stupid here. The newest dent on my Dakota proves it.

Yup. I hate that.
Will

BimmerM3

Oh yeah. Passing on the right to overtake some dumbfuck who can't bother to change lanes for two seconds is a regular occurrence.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 01, 2019, 05:18:53 PM

This is happening here quite often. I am always ready to brake/honk/veer away. These days I have to drive with a mentality that reads "Everyone on the road is a dumbass - except me." So far it's working! :tounge:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 01, 2019, 05:36:31 PM
Oh yeah. Passing on the right to overtake some dumbfuck who can't bother to change lanes for two seconds is a regular occurrence.

Overtaking on the right is illegal here and offenders are severely punished.

There's is apparently some talk of "legalizing" it if the Autobahns are bestowed with speed limits. I hope that never happens!

www.wimmerfotografie.de