Car Chat

Started by FoMoJo, August 26, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Is that food grade silicone? I'd like to use the mold to make a sheet of brownie brittle.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CaminoRacer

2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Galaxy

OMG.

Yes, it is a replica but who cares.

Soup DeVille

Pretty, but a tad over done- and I'd want the driver's seat to the left even if it was a single seater with a tonneau cover over the right.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Galaxy

IMO the engine is a bit over the top, however I do like what they did with the leather work, and the instruments.

FoMoJo

Love the colour.  Gold plated engine?

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 03, 2020, 03:29:13 PM
Love the colour.  Gold plated engine?

Unless I'm very much mistaken; HOK Rootbeer Metallic.

No, the carb bodies are plated, but it looks like the transmission is powder coated in a goldish color.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FoMoJo

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 03, 2020, 03:51:28 PM
Unless I'm very much mistaken; HOK Rootbeer Metallic.

No, the carb bodies are plated, but it looks like the transmission is powder coated in a goldish color.
They may be over stating...Center-Seat Porsche 550 Spyder Has Gorgeous Gold-Plated Engine

Gold finished is likely more accurate.  Apparently, it's a Toyota colour, but I've never seen a Toyota paint look that good.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 03, 2020, 03:57:25 PM
They may be over stating...Center-Seat Porsche 550 Spyder Has Gorgeous Gold-Plated Engine

Gold finished is likely more accurate.  Apparently, it's a Toyota colour, but I've never seen a Toyota paint look that good.

The engine itself isn't visible in any of those photos- the beautifully painted fan shroud covers it: but the transmission looks like its a gold-tone powdercoating rather than actual gold plate, but that would be a better choice anyways.

Not that this car was ever meant to be driven extensively.

Eye of the Tiger

I bet it still sounds like a lawn mower.  :devil:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Love it! I would prefer a 2-seater but that is fantastic!
Will

cawimmer430

The rear lights of the Citroen DS7 Crossback are mesmerizing and hypnotizing...  :tounge:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

r0tor

Seven cars burned up in a parking lot fire where I work yesterday... Amazingly none were Teslas so it didn't make global news

True story
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CaminoRacer

Quote from: r0tor on February 07, 2020, 08:56:37 AM
Seven cars burned up in a parking lot fire where I work yesterday... Amazingly none were Teslas so it didn't make global news

True story

sounds like a good work environment

r0tor

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 07, 2020, 09:55:26 AM
sounds like a good work environment

Ehh... Seems to have started in a BMW wagon interior and quickly spread
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

shp4man

Diggin' that plaid kick panel shit goin' on there  :ohyeah:                 :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: shp4man on February 09, 2020, 07:53:42 PM
Diggin' that plaid kick panel shit goin' on there  :ohyeah:                 :lol:

Others have mentioned the preference for have the seat near the door, preferable on the left side.  The way its is, in the middle, must make it awkward to climb in over either the hand brake or the shift lever.  One slip and you might get one of them up your ass.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 10, 2020, 08:25:51 AM
Others have mentioned the preference for have the seat near the door, preferable on the left side.  The way its is, in the middle, must make it awkward to climb in over either the hand brake or the shift lever.  One slip and you might get one of them up your ass.

It just looks like an awful lot of room to flop around in for a car who's principle joy is found in the corners.

The center seat looks odd, yes. All in all I'd think a left hand drive version with a removable passenger seat and tonneau cover would not only look better and be more in line with the vintage racing character of the car, but also be more practical.

The fact that there are still two doors kind of bothers me as well.

cawimmer430

So jealous! My buddy just bought a 1978 Mercedes-Benz 280S W116 S-Class! This was the entry-level model with a carburated inline-6. GORGEOUS. My favorite S-Class ever. I just love this design!!!  :wub:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Speed_Racer

I saw these this morning and I do not like. (Explorer ST)

Laconian

Lots of cars have false tips now. Don't want to let people see the soot!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Speed_Racer

I've seen the fake bumper exhaust outlets on M-B & Audi SUVs, but I think this is the first I've seen of real metal tips with an internal re-direct.

giant_mtb

That's for sound. Tunes it like a flute. Duh.

CaminoRacer

That's a lot nicer than what Explorers had before, with the 100% fake tips and the real pipe turned down right behind it.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on February 10, 2020, 11:37:10 PM
Lots of cars have false tips now. Don't want to let people see the soot!

Once EVs are mainstream and ICE vehicles are heavily taxed, sooty exhaust tips will be a status symbol.

Speed_Racer

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 11, 2020, 09:24:33 AM
That's for sound. Tunes it like a flute. Duh.

The whistle tips go woo woo!

AutobahnSHO

Our new minivan has cylinder deactivation. "Eco" lights up next to the gear display on the dash.

We're getting quite a bit better gas mileage than the older minivan, despite
2003 Odyssey= 4,310 to 4,387 lbs
2012 Odyssey= 4,337 to 4,560 lbs

And since new one has 8seats,OEM DVD, and sunroof I'm guessing it's on the chunkier side.
Will

ChrisV

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 10, 2020, 08:46:10 AM
It just looks like an awful lot of room to flop around in for a car who's principle joy is found in the corners.

The center seat looks odd, yes. All in all I'd think a left hand drive version with a removable passenger seat and tonneau cover would not only look better and be more in line with the vintage racing character of the car, but also be more practical.

The fact that there are still two doors kind of bothers me as well.

Yes, but centering yourself in the car makes for a real balanced left/right transition in the corners, and easier to place it on the track. Much like a formula car. That's why the McLaren F1 had a center driver's seat.

it doesn't look hard to get into to me, but I've gotten into center seat formula cars and sports racers, too. It looks easier to get into then the aforementioned McLaren, which has a roof in the way.

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

RomanChariot

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 11, 2020, 07:00:13 PM
Our new minivan has cylinder deactivation. "Eco" lights up next to the gear display on the dash.

We're getting quite a bit better gas mileage than the older minivan, despite
2003 Odyssey= 4,310 to 4,387 lbs
2012 Odyssey= 4,337 to 4,560 lbs

And since new one has 8seats,OEM DVD, and sunroof I'm guessing it's on the chunkier side.

My wife and I recently purchased a 2011 Pilot which has essentially the same engine and transmission as the Odyssey. After driving it for a while I found that I didn't like the noticeable transitions in and out of Eco mode. I did some reading and found that there have been a lot of engine problems (fouled spark plugs, excessive oil consumption, etc.) attributed to the VCM on these vehicles. I ended up purchasing a device to disable the VCM and it runs smoother now but I have only had it installed for a short period of time.

shp4man

After the murder of my Focus, the insurance company provided a rental vehicle. They were out of econoboxes, so I got a new, fully loaded Cherokee. Not too bad of a rig, but gutless. Kind of unimpressed. Comfortable.  :huh: