So, another new truck after a "slight" mishap

Started by hounddog, August 29, 2014, 02:30:27 PM

2o6

Jesus christ you're in this guy's pocket. Who the fuck cares, it's not like he stole your Ram and gave it to his kid....

SVT666

Quote from: thecarnut on September 04, 2014, 06:46:23 AM
Fact: You're a dickhole. shut the fuck up.
Fuck you.  If he bought a new truck simply because he wanted one, then he should just say so instead of giving us bullshit excuses that aren't true. I fucking hate lying and dishonesty.

FYI, he has been a complete asshole to me many times in the past, so whenever I get a chance to, I return the favour.

GoCougs

Quote from: MrH on September 04, 2014, 04:48:16 AM
What's with this forum's outrage when people spend their money in a way you don't agree with?

You guys are losing your mind because he bought a new truck. The guy is filthy rich. Let him enjoy it. I'd do the same thing :huh:

Nah, it's not outrage or w/e - it's just hounddog making up BS and being wrong - how could he not be called out on it?

Just do your thing without making excuses and BS stories.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on September 04, 2014, 08:14:41 AM
FYI, he has been a complete asshole to me many times in the past, so whenever I get a chance to, I return the favour.

Yup. He has a legacy he is responsible for, and I agree with your assessment of it. He's more than free to try to change it :huh:.

My moderate bet is in fine everyone's-rich-on-the-InnerTruths fashion there is no new truck - where there's smoke there's fire and the whole transmission thing is goddamned ridiculous.

hotrodalex

So he just went to the dealer and snapped some pics of someone else's truck? :wtf:

68_427

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 04, 2014, 07:35:35 AM
That truck weighs 7,100 lbs? :jawdrop:

Check some current Ford curb weights and be shocked.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

Fuck you.  If he bought a new truck simply because he wanted one, then he should just say so instead of giving us bullshit excuses that aren't true. I fucking hate lying and dishonesty.
So, getting a new truck is OK so long as the reasons for said purchase meet your approval.  Narcissist much? 

The reasons for the dually were well explained.  The reason for getting a new tow vehicle alone is well explained. 

That you don't like these reasons is of no concern to me.

QuoteYI, he has been a complete asshole to me many times in the past, so whenever I get a chance to, I return the favour.
I pity you.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

hounddog

Quote from: GoCougs on September 04, 2014, 08:53:18 AM
Yup. He has a legacy he is responsible for, and I agree with your assessment of it. He's more than free to try to change it :huh:.

My moderate bet is in fine everyone's-rich-on-the-InnerTruths fashion there is no new truck - where there's smoke there's fire and the whole transmission thing is goddamned ridiculous.
Says the guy who uses.the internet to make constant claims of wealth. 

Sorry but as usual you lose again.  ;)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Speed_Racer

Who cares how he spends his money.

My only thought is that there is now a 16 y.o. driving a three ton+ pickup. I mean good for him but as a motorcyclist and knowing how teens drive, that scares me a little bit.

SVT666

Quote from: hounddog on September 04, 2014, 11:22:46 AM
So, getting a new truck is OK so long as the reasons for said purchase meet your approval.  Narcissist much? 

The reasons for the dually were well explained.  The reason for getting a new tow vehicle alone is well explained. 

That you don't like these reasons is of no concern to me.
Your reasons are bullshit and you know it.  Just be honest.  There is no need to lie.

QuoteI pity you.
And I pity you for thinking you have to lie.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Speed_Racer on September 04, 2014, 11:29:51 AM
My only thought is that there is now a 16 y.o. driving a three ton+ pickup. I mean good for him but as a motorcyclist and knowing how teens drive, that scares me a little bit.

The teen will  be (mostly) safe!  :huh:

I agree though, I'm thinking 17-18 would be better to start driving.
Will

hounddog

Quote from: SVT666 on September 04, 2014, 11:30:56 AM
Your reasons are bullshit and you know it.  Just be honest.  There is no need to lie.

lol

Believe what you like, your opinion means nothing.

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hounddog

Checking new season alfalfa in the newer section.  (Just over the ridge)
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

SVT666

Quote from: hounddog on September 04, 2014, 11:52:42 AM
lol

Believe what you like, your opinion means nothing.
It's not an opinion; it's fact.  Just be honest dude, and I would have a lot more respect for you.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on September 04, 2014, 11:30:56 AM

10% chance story is as stated
30% chance there is no new truck and no blown transmission
60% chance there is a new truck but no blown transmission

Rupert

Quote from: MrH on September 04, 2014, 04:48:16 AM
What's with this forum's outrage when people spend their money in a way you don't agree with?

You guys are losing your mind because he bought a new truck. The guy is filthy rich. Let him enjoy it. I'd do the same thing :huh:

And you are. :lol:

Personally, I don't like made-up justifications (I need a winter car, I want better mileage, something something I should buy an Outback and lower it ;) ). If you don't want your shit criticized on the internet, etc., and if you say stupid things on the internet, etc.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

I love it when hd comes for a visit. Always brings entertainment.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

MX793

Quote from: GoCougs on September 04, 2014, 12:14:39 PM
10% chance story is as stated
30% chance there is no new truck and no blown transmission
60% chance there is a new truck but no blown transmission

Considering this is a Dodge product, the odds of a transmission issue are not insignificant.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Soup DeVille

Why do those trailers all have like 100 gallon water tanks if nobody puts more than 10 gallons in?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Speed_Racer on September 04, 2014, 11:29:51 AM
Who cares how he spends his money.

At 16 I was driving a 40,000 lb International with 16 gears.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

If dude had just replaced his '13 Corvette for a new C7, what would the reaction here be?

Rupert

If he said he did it because he got a flat tire...

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT666

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 04, 2014, 01:40:39 PM
If dude had just replaced his '13 Corvette for a new C7, what would the reaction here be?
If he said it was because he wore out his brakes, I would react the same way.  If he said he did it because the C7 kicks fucking ass and he wants the new car, I would be saying, "Rock on dude".

GoCougs

Cookie Monster

Who gives a fuck why he bought it? It's his money, and telling him that he's doing his kids a disservice and that they don't know what the real world is like when you don't even know the guy or his family makes you come across as a butthurt douchebag. All he did was post pics of his truck. It's you and GoPubes who jumped down his throat for no reason.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

SVT666

Quote from: thecarnut on September 04, 2014, 09:36:02 PM
Who gives a fuck why he bought it? It's his money, and telling him that he's doing his kids a disservice and that they don't know what the real world is like when you don't even know the guy or his family makes you come across as a butthurt douchebag. All he did was post pics of his truck. It's you and GoPubes who jumped down his throat for no reason.
No, not for no reason.  I'm just returning the favour for all of his personal attacks in the past.  The fact that it got him this riled up, makes it worth while.