2015 Subaru Outback

Started by Catman, September 02, 2014, 07:58:42 AM

Laconian

Yeah, that's used in the feedback loop.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

Laconian

I hopped in an RDX when we took the TSX back to the dealer. Yeah, we made the right choice with the Outback. The windshield is too high and raked too much, so you just look out of a slit. The passenger windows are also pretty small.

Outback is just glass glass glass with a pretty low dashboard. From the driver's position you can see way down the nose of the car. Even Volvo doesn't do that anymore. Interiors these days are about cocooning the driver in darkness.

Laconian

Drove it up to Mt. Rainier for a snowshoeing trip. Took the compacted snow & ice like a champ, though to be honest there wasn't really that much - our snowpack this year has been SHIT!

Raza

Quote from: Laconian on January 19, 2015, 10:16:27 PM
Drove it up to Mt. Rainier for a snowshoeing trip. Took the compacted snow & ice like a champ, though to be honest there wasn't really that much - our snowpack this year has been SHIT!

Snowshoeing? Is that literally just walking in snow?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

Yes, it's like hiking, but you can go in any direction you like. No need for trails, since the snowpack is 4 ft above any vegetation.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Raza  on January 20, 2015, 07:14:28 PM
Snowshoeing? Is that literally just walking in snow?

walking ON the snow. You don't sink into it, you walk on top. Walking at moderate pace is about as much cardio as jogging though!
Will

Laconian

Yeah going up hills really gets the heart going. I had to take off most of my winter clothing because I became so hot.

Laconian

I really enjoyed it. It'll be a great way to enjoy the mountains outside the reach of ski lifts.

Laconian

Got back from a trip in the mountains. 31.5mpg trip average. Does great in snow and (mostly) slush. "X-mode" hill descent assist is interesting. You can hear it go at its business clamping the brakes independently on each individual corner.

68_427

That's pretty good mileage.  How many miles on it so far?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Laconian

~2600. Yeah, the mileage is a pleasant surprise.

FoMoJo

Quote from: Laconian on February 16, 2015, 09:44:08 PM
Got back from a trip in the mountains. 31.5mpg trip average. Does great in snow and (mostly) slush. "X-mode" hill descent assist is interesting. You can hear it go at its business clamping the brakes independently on each individual corner.
What tires do you have?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Laconian

OEM... Bridgestone Dueler HP AS 18. M+S

Laconian

Set up the password unlock feature of the car. What a pain in the ass that was. Subaru did a terrible job documenting that feature. :lol:

To deactivate the keyless start, you basically have to perform the Konami code with buttons and latches on the car. They really don't want you triggering it accidentally.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on March 02, 2015, 11:07:19 AM
Set up the password unlock feature of the car. What a pain in the ass that was. Subaru did a terrible job documenting that feature. :lol:

To deactivate the keyless start, you basically have to perform the Konami code with buttons and latches on the car. They really don't want you triggering it accidentally.

LOL
Will