New shop tools and toys.

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, September 27, 2014, 05:38:36 PM

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hotrodalex

Are we talking about a lathe?...

Soup DeVille

Quote from: hotrodalex on October 01, 2014, 12:08:06 AM
Are we talking about a lathe?...

Its to make sure your car gets toasty brown evenly on all sides.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Byteme

Quote from: Rupert on September 28, 2014, 12:52:03 PM
No Northern Tool here-- you guys aren't any help, as usual.

:lol:

FEDEX OR UPS puts those stores in your driveway.

FoMoJo

"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Rupert

Quote from: FoMoJo on October 01, 2014, 10:23:15 AM
Yeah, thought you were calling me chicken :lol:.

:lol:

Nah, I just like chicken. And I want to see that Alfa get some love!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Rupert

Quote from: CLKid on October 01, 2014, 06:52:53 AM
FEDEX OR UPS puts those stores in your driveway.

I'd rather not spend that kind of money (and shipping on a heavy item) without seeing it. I might just go back to goddamn Sears.

Pancor

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 30, 2014, 07:17:55 PM
That is a nice looking press.... and welder. I wonder if I could make good enough welds with a flux core to make a press. I would have to test it by maxing out the jack and seeing if anything breaks.

I'll assume you have a little 115 volt flux-core machine?  They're handy, but not exactly known for the penetration required for structural welding... :tounge:  Before I built the press, I did a solidworks model, and stress tested it to 15,000 lbs.   Then in my usual fashion, I scrapped those plans and winged it with scrap steel from work... lol.     I knew it would bend, but doubted it would break.   I rigged up a dial indicator, cranked the jack up and got about .015" deflection, which as it turns out is more than acceptable.   :lol: