Mazder CX-3

Started by Laconian, November 19, 2014, 09:55:58 AM

12,000 RPM

Quote from: r0tor on November 20, 2014, 01:40:16 PM
Well, they lost me as a customer and fan of the brand.   FWD "benchmarks" are completely lame... as are their uninspiring 4 cylinders
Thats a huge loss for them. I dont know if theyll recover
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Onslaught on November 20, 2014, 01:31:11 PM
The miata perhaps. The Mazda3, fuck no. Not in the same ball park as the MX-3 GS or MX-6 LS.
Small coupes are irrelevant. And the 93-97 626 GS V6 was every bit as good as the same year MX-6 V6s, while being way more practical. MX-3 V6 was pure bubble economy hubris, as awesome as it may have been. The CX-3 is the new MX-3

r0tor

Oh sporty, you are epically wrong by the way.

A few years ago I see a Raptor.  Think holy shit that's cool.  Go to Fords website and play with builds.  Notice Foci are really reasonably priced.  Several months later when my wife's car takes a shit and we need to replace it - where did my search start?  Ford.

I see a Porsche GT3 in the news.  I go to Porsches website and play.  I become fascinated and do a bunch of Google searches on Porsches.  Few months later, I get a Google Now card pop up on my phone when the Macan debuted because now google thinks I'm a Porsche fan.  I would never had even think about researching the Macan and now I think its an awesome choice.

You mentioned Nissan.  Frankly I don't even know if the Maxima, Altima, and Sentra even exist anymore yet alone know anything about them.  I haven't been to Nissan's website probably since the GTR came out.  Maybe a new GTR or Z car would draw my interest and I would know something about their lineup.  Same with Toyota.  Same with Honda.

Rinse and repeat with the Mustang, M3, Corvette, ect... We have all been to their websites because of Halo type cars and all know more about their line up then we otherwise would.  The web has made a Halo car more important then ever.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

The GT-R makes me want a Versa so bad. Loljk. Nissan is kinda boring.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

12,000 RPM

Quote from: r0tor on November 20, 2014, 02:36:27 PM

A few years ago I see a Raptor.  Think holy shit that's cool.  Go to Fords website and play with builds.  Notice Foci are really reasonably priced.  Several months later when my wife's car takes a shit and we need to replace it - where did my search start?  Ford.

I see a Porsche GT3 in the news.  I go to Porsches website and play.  I become fascinated and do a bunch of Google searches on Porsches.  Few months later, I get a Google Now card pop up on my phone when the Macan debuted because now google thinks I'm a Porsche fan.  I would never had even think about researching the Macan and now I think its an awesome choice.

You mentioned Nissan.  Frankly I don't even know if the Maxima, Altima, and Sentra even exist anymore yet alone know anything about them.  I haven't been to Nissan's website probably since the GTR came out.  Maybe a new GTR or Z car would draw my interest and I would know something about their lineup.  Same with Toyota.  Same with Honda.

Rinse and repeat with the Mustang, M3, Corvette, ect... We have all been to their websites because of Halo type cars and all know more about their line up then we otherwise would.  The web has made a Halo car more important then ever.
We are enthusiasts. And even then, that's BS. When I bought wifey's car I looked up Consumer Reports. On my car search I have been going on the brand websites... and looking at the cars I want to buy. I.e. when I got to thinking about the Fiesta ST, it had nothing to do with the fact that there was a new Mustang. It had EVERYTHING to do with the fact that barring the GTI it's the best hot hatch on the market. I also looked at the Mazda 3- no halo car there- cause it's one of the best entries in its segment. 9999/10000 people don't give a shit about halo cars, and again, numbers dont lie. Top sellign cars are from companies with no halo cars, and I doubt the GT500 was a deciding factor in your parents' purchase of their Fusion Hybrid. Halo. Cars. Don't. Matter. And are a complete waste of time if nobody is going to buy them, or they aren't going to be a test bed for tech that will trickle down.

Onslaught

Quote from: 68_427 on November 20, 2014, 02:04:47 PM
Dat V6.  Always wanted a Miata with one swapped in.
Mazda made one. But only one.

Onslaught

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 20, 2014, 02:09:21 PM
Small coupes are irrelevant. And the 93-97 626 GS V6 was every bit as good as the same year MX-6 V6s, while being way more practical. MX-3 V6 was pure bubble economy hubris, as awesome as it may have been. The CX-3 is the new MX-3
Um, as someone who worked on both cars and who's brother and aunt owned the MX-6 andI spent much time behind the wheels of all of them I can tell you that's just bull shit. The 626 was in no way as good at sporty driving as the MX-6 was.
The CX-3 is as pointless as the MX-3 was. You need an SUV and not a Mazda3? Buy a fucking CX-5. 

MrH

Quote from: r0tor on November 20, 2014, 02:36:27 PM

Lol, you bought a focus because the Raptor exists?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Onslaught

I've never really thought HALO cars worked. I never got an Acura even if I went to look at the NSX all the time. And even so, the only "HALO car Mazda ever had in the US was the RX-7. And it's been gone for a very long time.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: MrH on November 20, 2014, 04:02:04 PM
Yup and everyone who bought a Focus did too

MrH

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on November 20, 2014, 06:10:44 PM
Yup and everyone who bought a Focus did too
It doesn't make any sense. If you're so simple minded you didn't even consider the focus until you looked at their monster truck, then you're a pretty dumb consumer.

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

12,000 RPM

Quote from: MrH on November 20, 2014, 06:43:28 PM
It doesn't make any sense. If you're so simple minded you didn't even consider the focus until you looked at their monster truck, then you're a pretty dumb consumer.
U just dont understand how halo cars work

Cookie Monster

Quote from: MrH on November 20, 2014, 04:02:04 PM

Haha, you beat me to it. If that's the reason rotor bought a Focus, he's an idiot.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

hotrodalex

I prefer CoD-edition Jeeps over HALO cars.

Raza

This actually looks decent.  It's stupid segment, but if it sells, go for it.  At some point, we're going to have "SUVs" that are smaller than my Z4 and have no room at all. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  on November 21, 2014, 04:52:17 AM
This actually looks decent.  It's stupid segment, but if it sells, go for it.  At some point, we're going to have "SUVs" that are smaller than my Z4 and have no room at all.
That's how I look at it. If they can make money off the thing then go for it. But why anyone would want a thing like this is beyond me.

Payman

Quote from: Onslaught on November 21, 2014, 05:05:24 AM
That's how I look at it. If they can make money off the thing then go for it. But why anyone would want a thing like this is beyond me.

You can't see why the CX-3 might appeal to the small car shopper in northern climates? I'd seriously consider buying this after the Focus... empty nesters wanting economical car with AWD that's stylish.

Raza

Quote from: Rockraven on November 21, 2014, 05:38:58 AM
You can't see why the CX-3 might appeal to the small car shopper in northern climates? I'd seriously consider buying this after the Focus... empty nesters wanting economical car with AWD that's stylish.

As a person in a northern climate, I can't see any real advantage over a similar car at a normal height. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

I dont think I will ever have a CUV, but I can def see one for wifey/family duty. Loading kids into a CUV is way easier than loading them into a low wagon. CX-3 is too small but something like a CX-5 or Lexus NX sounds good to me.

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  on November 21, 2014, 06:37:22 AM
As a person in a northern climate, I can't see any real advantage over a similar car at a normal height.

That's because you don't get dumped on with snow that often. You can't deny the advantages of having higher ground clearance and AWD in relatively deep snow.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Onslaught

Quote from: Rockraven on November 21, 2014, 05:38:58 AM
I just can't see a need for this over a CX-5.

Payman

Quote from: Onslaught on November 21, 2014, 10:13:12 AM
I just can't see a need for this over a CX-5.

C'mon, what's the need of a Mazda2 over a Mazda3? The same answer is a little less cost, a little more fuel economy, and a different style choice. I'd buy a CX-3 over a CX-5 for these reasons. I think it looks better, I like the interior better, it'll cost less, and I don't need the slightly extra space of the CX-5. Why complain about more choice, especially when you gripe that you don't like anything on the market right now?

Onslaught

I don't see a need in the Mazda 2 either. Unless you live in a massive city with no space all those little cars are retarted.?And giving me more choices that are all family cars is not what I'm asking for.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Onslaught on November 21, 2014, 12:47:21 PM
I don't see a need in the Mazda 2 either. Unless you live in a massive city with no space all those little cars are retarted.?And giving me more choices that are all family cars is not what I'm asking for.

Exactly, the 2 is worthless unless you are in a condensed city area. So why the hell did they even bother offering it? Who even lives in a big city? Barely anybody, what a joke.

Payman

Quote from: Onslaught on November 21, 2014, 12:47:21 PM

Okay, you don't like little cars. But here's a reality check... those cars help the company meet fuel economy and emissions regulations. SUVs, crossovers and trucks bring the profits. Without those, the company cannot make the low volume niche cars you want. The Miata had to be co-developed with Fiat to be even viable, and if there ever is another rotary engined halo car, most likely it'll have to be partnered with another company as well.

Payman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 21, 2014, 01:14:39 PM
Exactly, the 2 is worthless unless you are in a condensed city area. So why the hell did they even bother offering it? Who even lives in a big city? Barely anybody, what a joke.
:lol:

Onslaught

You guys are fun. Easy, but fun.

FlatBlackCaddy

Onslaught

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 21, 2014, 01:55:08 PM
mmmhmmm
I'm play'n with you. I could see the point of a 2 in a huge city. I'm still not 100% sure about this CX-3 thing but I've never seen the point of baby SUV's in the first place.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Onslaught on November 21, 2014, 02:12:14 PM
I'm play'n with you. I could see the point of a 2 in a huge city. I'm still not 100% sure about this CX-3 thing but I've never seen the point of baby SUV's in the first place.

mmmhmm