Your Favorite Trucks! Post 'em here!

Started by cawimmer430, December 06, 2005, 07:51:40 AM

footoflead

QuoteI don't really like any trucks, but there is one that caught my eye...

:o ..how dare you post that fugly truck here..:rolleyes: imo of course
It's the only one I fancy even a bit.
i pulled up beside one in our truck...its like a toy...its roofline is barely above the mustang....

post a real truck raz <_<  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

ifcar

Unless you raised your Mustang over 1.5 feet, or the Raider was lowered by that much, not possible.  

Tom

I'm usually not a big fan of making a truck into a sports car, but I like the SRT-10.  

Raza

QuoteI'm usually not a big fan of making a truck into a sports car, but I like the SRT-10.
It's the most ridiculous thing, but if they didn't weld that spoiler there, it would still have real functionality as a truck.  It basically turns the tailgate into a trunk opening, meaning you have to lift anything large over the spoiler to get it into the bed.  And this is an enormous truck.  I sat in one before and said "How could anyone wantto drive a car like this?"

It's like the Odyssey I drove yesterday.  After twenty minutes, I was ready to throw in the towel.  I hated it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

QuoteI'm usually not a big fan of making a truck into a sports car, but I like the SRT-10.
It's the most ridiculous thing, but if they didn't weld that spoiler there, it would still have real functionality as a truck.  It basically turns the tailgate into a trunk opening, meaning you have to lift anything large over the spoiler to get it into the bed.  And this is an enormous truck.  I sat in one before and said "How could anyone wantto drive a car like this?"

It's like the Odyssey I drove yesterday.  After twenty minutes, I was ready to throw in the towel.  I hated it.
I don't like the spolier either, but I don't have too much else to complain about.  It's really fast with a V10 and is lowered than your average truck to limits body roll.  

As for the Oddyssey, it's a nice van if I do say so myself.

Mak450

Couldn't forget about this one, though I almost did.

TBR

Sorry, but the title says trucks and the SSR simply isn't a truck. But, then it isn't a car either. Why did GM think we needed a low tech Chevrolet version of the Thunderbird?

Mak450

Well let's see it's based on a modified trailblazer platform, and it quite apparently has a bed and a 2 person cab.

Fits the description of a truck well enough in my book.

Run Away

I like it....
Looks cool, 400hp V8 + 6 speed manual
As long as I'm not paying.

footoflead

QuoteWell let's see it's based on a modified trailblazer platform, and it quite apparently has a bed and a 2 person cab.

but can you haul shit with it...no....its the most pointless truck on the fucking planet besides all your little toy trucks

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Mak450

QuoteWell let's see it's based on a modified trailblazer platform, and it quite apparently has a bed and a 2 person cab.

but can you haul shit with it...no....its the most pointless truck on the fucking planet besides all your little toy trucks

YES IT'S POINTLESS. But there are plenty of cars with no trunkspace, can't use them unless it's nice out, can't cary more than a single passenger.
That doesn't make them any less of a car than a Camry, does it?

Doesn't make them any less desireable to me.
BTW I've never had a toy truck.

ifcar

The SSR isn't a great truck, but it's a decent truck-based car.

What other convertible has a 6-speed manual, can get from 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, AND still has more trunk space than a Grand Marquis?

Mak450

QuoteThe SSR isn't a great truck, but it's a decent truck-based car.

What other convertible has a 6-speed manual, can get from 0-60 in under 5.5 seconds, AND still has more trunk space than a Grand Marquis?
Truck based car? Lol that's a twist, yes it's a mound of feces as far as regular truck duties go.

Still though I think it's a truck, and a desirable one.

footoflead

YES IT'S POINTLESS. But there are plenty of cars with no trunkspace, can't use them unless it's nice out, can't cary more than a single passenger.

i still dont think it fulls the criteria for a REAL truck...but to each his own

welcome...BTW B)  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Mak450

welcome...BTW B)
Well I can agree to that, but since we can get away with posting Semi's, I thought I has some wiggle room  :lol:

And thanks for the welcome.

thewizard16

welcome...BTW B)
Well I can agree to that, but since we can get away with posting Semi's, I thought I has some wiggle room  :lol:

We can get away with posting semis because with people buying Dodge Ram Mega Cabs and the like, it's only a matter of time before those are mainstream pickups. Right?  :P  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Mak450

welcome...BTW B)

We can get away with posting semis because with people buying Dodge Ram Mega Cabs and the like, it's only a matter of time before those are mainstream pickups. Right?  :P
We don't need no stinkin fuel economy  :rockon:  

TBR

It isn't apparant at all, it looks like it has a really big trunk to me.  

SargeMonkey

We call those Semi's or Tractors... Well in most of Oregon we do.

Anyway, I like the 70's full sized blazer's, its a shortbed truck by the way. I like the C-20's, SR5, H1, J series trucks are nice too.
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

Mak450

It isn't apparant at all, it looks like it has a really big trunk to me.
Well I normally wear glasses so let me put them on and check...

Nope still looks like a bed to me, however puny it is. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  :P  

TBR

A bed is an open cargo area, the SSR's is completely closed.

93JC

QuoteA bed is an open cargo area, the SSR's is completely closed.
So...

No bed?

Mak450

Toneau cover...

TBR

Toneau cover...
No, a toneau cover is easily removable, from what I understand the SSR's trunk lid isn't.

Mak450

Toneau cover...
No, a toneau cover is easily removable, from what I understand the SSR's trunk lid isn't.
Fine not a Toneau cover, but the fact that the cover can't be easily removed doesn't make it any less of a bed.

Besides it is stil removeable

Think of it as a poorly designed toneau cover  B)  

Raza

Yeah, it is removeable.

I can't believe I'm defending it, but it's as much a bed as the SRT-10's is.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SargeMonkey

Toneau cover...
Fine not a Toneau cover, but the fact that the cover can't be easily removed doesn't make it any less of a bed.

It's a poorly desinged truck, will I guess I should say engineered. To heavy, not enough grunt, and a trailblazer based suspension. Even has a cruddy pull and carry capacity. I still don't know how GM could screw up something as basic as a good suspension, a lets say 572 bigblock and a nice body...
`79 Civic Cvcc
`81 Civic 1300xl
`78 Silverado Camper 454
`70 Chevy Fleetside (non running)
`91 Camry XL All-trac 4cyl
`86 Toyota Pickup (475k miles)
`92 Jeep Wrangler Renegade 4" lift 35" tires.

Mak450

Toneau cover...

It's a poorly desinged truck, will I guess I should say engineered. To heavy, not enough grunt, and a trailblazer based suspension. Even has a cruddy pull and carry capacity. I still don't know how GM could screw up something as basic as a good suspension, a lets say 572 bigblock and a nice body...
I refuse to do that, They tried to make a truck that doesn't behave like one, and it's a valiant effort in my eyes. It is plenty heavy I'll give you that. But it also has plenty of grunt. Or is 0-60 in 5.5 too slow for you?

If you wanna pull stuff, for the cost of an SSR you can get a Silverado with a tow rating of 10,000lbs. But it won't handle as well, and it won't drop it's top.

If you wanna tow stuff, for the price of an SSR you can get a Silverado that can tow 10,000lbs(at least that's what they say  :P). If the SSR could tow well it would also step on the Colorado's feet...even though they don't have all that much tow capactiy either.

Raza

QuoteYeah, it is removeable.

I can't believe I'm defending it, but it's as much a bed as the SRT-10's is.
I was posting this from a school computer...that's strange.

"I  can't  believe  I'm  defending  it,  but  it's  as  much  a  bed  as  the  SRT-10's  is."

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

My favourite truck is (surprise, surprise) .......... Dodge Power Wagon