Ford GT

Started by Cobra93, January 12, 2015, 07:41:28 AM

Gotta-Qik-C7

That's a good looking car.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

mzziaz

Cougs has nothing positive to say about  a Ford product? I'm shocked!
Cuore Sportivo

Payman

I want to see it in Gulf livery.

Payman

Unveil video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u4p-TFEH6yc

Yeah, this is my new lottery car. Can anyone else see some Vector W8 in the side profile (too me that's a good thing).

r0tor

Hell of a lineup right there... I would be happy with one of each
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: r0tor on January 12, 2015, 12:32:57 PM

I'd take the GT, the rest is pretty standard fair(nothing real unique in the market).

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: r0tor on January 12, 2015, 12:32:57 PM

GT and GT350 only.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

r0tor

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 12, 2015, 12:34:38 PM
I'd take the GT, the rest is pretty standard fair(nothing real unique in the market).

Raptor has nothing else in its Market.
350R will be a street legal track day monster
Fiesta ST is at or near the top of tiny sporty fuel Sippers
Focus ST is bested in its segment pretty much only by the GTI

Hell of a good collection there IMO..
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Payman

That's some design badassery right there.  :wub:

Payman

As to the twin-turbo EcoBoost V6, I'm just glad there's no frikin' electric motors in it.

SVT666

Now, they just need an AWD Fusion ST.

Payman

Quote from: r0tor on January 12, 2015, 12:40:14 PM
Raptor has nothing else in its Market.
350R will be a street legal track day monster
Fiesta ST is at or near the top of tiny sporty fuel Sippers
Focus ST is bested in its segment pretty much only by the GTI

Hell of a good collection there IMO..

Concur.

r0tor

Quote from: SVT666 on January 12, 2015, 12:44:40 PM
Now, they just need an AWD Fusion ST.

That and what happened to the Focus RS?

Supposedly more goodness to come.  12+ performance modules in the next 5 years.

SVT666

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 12, 2015, 12:34:38 PM
Raptor is unique and the GT350 has the only flat plane V8 anywhere near it's price point.

r0tor

Quote from: Rockraven on January 12, 2015, 12:41:28 PM
That's some design badassery right there.  :wub:

Love the huge flying butresses

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: SVT666 on January 12, 2015, 12:47:04 PM
Raptor is unique and the GT350 has the only flat plane V8 anywhere near it's price point.

I'll give you guys the GT350, though I hope they somehow dump 500lbs off the regular mustang for that one.

Otherwise truck = who cares and the fiesta is 1K away from a focus which has been admitted to being bested by the GTi.

Look, ford makes nice stuff. It's just that unlike the upcoming GT the rest of the stuff is market abundance. The flat plane is the only thing that makes the GT350 marginally better than a comparatively fat and expensive camaro track car.

FlatBlackCaddy

SVT666

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 12, 2015, 12:51:08 PM
I'll give you guys the GT350, though I hope they somehow dump 500lbs off the regular mustang for that one.

Otherwise truck = who cares and the fiesta is 1K away from a focus which has been admitted to being bested by the GTi.

Look, ford makes nice stuff. It's just that unlike the upcoming GT the rest of the stuff is market abundance. The flat plane is the only thing that makes the GT350 marginally better than a comparatively fat and expensive camaro track car.
It looks and sounds better, and will likely outperform it as well.  The 2016 Camaro is a whole different story though since nobody really knows anything about it yet.

Fiesta ST is the better driver between it and the Focus.  It might not have the power, but the handling is superior.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: SVT666 on January 12, 2015, 12:53:27 PM
It looks and sounds better, and will likely outperform it as well.  The 2016 Camaro is a whole different story though since nobody really knows anything about it yet.

Fiesta ST is the better driver between it and the Focus.  It might not have the power, but the handling is superior.

I like the Fiesta ST, I hope the next generation fixes some of my(subjective styling) issues with it. I do feel it is a bit overpriced.

Payman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 12, 2015, 12:58:47 PM
I like the Fiesta ST, I hope the next generation fixes some of my(subjective styling) issues with it. I do feel it is a bit overpriced.

I wish it were offered in 2 door hatch form.

Payman

'05-'06 Ford GTs are the new McLaren F1... they are commanding a quarter million plus now. This '06 is $300,000:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ford/GT/TORONTO/Ontario/5_22560356_20100930134637425/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=1_15_5

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 12, 2015, 12:51:08 PM

:hesaid:
Quote from: r0tor on January 12, 2015, 12:48:41 PM
Love the huge flying butresses
Yeah Ford hit the nail on the head with this design!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

GoCougs

Quote from: Rockraven on January 12, 2015, 12:44:17 PM
As to the twin-turbo EcoBoost V6, I'm just glad there's no frikin' electric motors in it.

Word on the goofy hybrid stuff. That fad can't pass soon enough...

Galaxy

Wow, this came out of nowhere.

GoCougs

Quote from: r0tor on January 12, 2015, 11:47:31 AM
To me, this is a real Ford GT.

The last car was more of a tribute car.  Yes, it had the hairy chested V8 - but it was almost handicapped trying to pay homage to the GT40 with its retro styling, construction, interior, ect.

This car is a mid engine chassis wrapped around the best engine they can use in the race class with a clean sheet design like the original GT40.  It uses the best materials and construction methods like the real GT40 used at its time. Its a homologation street car just like the real GT40.  This is the true successor to the GT40.

There was no handicap in the Ford GT of ~10 years save that the motor was a bit weak. It was a bespoke vehicle that made Ferrari and Lambo blush, and sold for probably a 1/3 of what it could have sold for. But I do agree it was a tribute car - it was a road car not a race car.

The original Ford GT40 was never homologated/sold as street legal. If this new GT is being sold as a road car it will have huge compromises WRT a race car. My hunch is it'll have a C7.R equivalent - based on the road car but definitely its own unique car.

r0tor

Someone tell Cougs the GT40 had 87 example built to meet homogation obligations for the Mk1 with 31 of the cars being road cars.

I'm not going to address him directly as that would result in useless thread crapping by a person trying to remain relevant despite his Ford hatred and inability to admit they just produced a complete gem.

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: GoCougs on January 12, 2015, 01:27:14 PM
There was no handicap in the Ford GT of ~10 years save that the motor was a bit weak. It was a bespoke vehicle that made Ferrari and Lambo blush, and sold for probably a 1/3 of what it could have sold for. But I do agree it was a tribute car - it was a road car not a race car.

The original Ford GT40 was never homologated/sold as street legal. If this new GT is being sold as a road car it will have huge compromises WRT a race car. My hunch is it'll have a C7.R equivalent - based on the road car but definitely its own unique car.

Quote from: r0tor on January 12, 2015, 01:31:09 PM
Someone tell Cougs the GT40 had 87 example built to meet homogation obligations for the Mk1 with 31 of the cars being road cars.

Done.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

hotrodalex

Um, Cougs is right. Ford isn't gonna race a stock GT. Even if they use the same size engine w/ turbos, there will most likely be many many changes done to it.

GoCougs

Quote from: r0tor on January 12, 2015, 01:31:09 PM

I'm not going to address him directly as that would result in useless thread crapping by a person trying to remain relevant despite his Ford hatred and inability to admit they just produced a complete gem.

The original Ford GT was not built for the street. It was a race care first and foremost. Just like the original Cobra it really wasn't even a "Ford" - only the motor was.

This new Ford GT has no relation to how the original saw the light of day.

MX793

Quote from: GoCougs on January 12, 2015, 01:27:14 PM

Gt40 mkIII was the road going version.  Only sold in Europe in very small numbers.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5