road rage

Started by AutobahnSHO, February 02, 2015, 06:25:24 AM

Rupert

Explorer doesn't have a cancel, just off and coast. Clutch switch is slow, so the engine takes off for a second if you try it. I tap the brakes.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

12,000 RPM

This is why stickshift rules. No need to brake check. Just drop a gear and let off the gas.

If someone is playing me too close... well, that's rare. But in those rare occasions I will wave at them to back off, especially if I'm on the bike. Bike can stop way shorter than cars and I'm not about that life.... I try and maintain a decent buffer front and back for protection.

Shit like this is so silly.... u can fuck around and get CLAPPED messing with the wrong person. It's not worth it
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

GoCougs

True enough. Mess with people enough times, even if you think are justified or "right", and you'll run into the wrong person eventually and it will go very very poorly on all sorts of levels, the worst of which is you get drawn into doing something worse or get the blame should LE get involved.

GoCougs

I enter evidence of that supposed "random" road rage incident in Las Vegas. The media SO wanted to turn it into a "random act of violence" which I'm sure sure their data crunchers show is primo click bait. Turns out the daughter was a see-you-next-Tuesday behind the wheel, the POS white trash mom went home to get the (armed) son, they went hunting for the guy, the found him, the son brandished a weapon, the guy shot back, and then the guy follows the pair to their home and shoots the mom in the face.

I'm convinced 5-10% of people on the road at any given time are capable of this.