Parking lot laws

Started by crv16, December 09, 2005, 08:50:56 AM

giant_mtb

QuoteCatman... While we're on the topic.

What do you think a normal cop would do if he caught you doing donuts in an empty snowy parking lot?
It depends what the empty parking lot belongs to.  I'm at work right now.  My patrol is parked in the front, by partner is on the road.  Both of our POV cars are in the garage.  If you were to do doughnuts in our parking lot- you'ld get shot at!!!! :lol:   J/K but you would def. get reckless and jailed and towed.  If you were to do it anywhere that is a public lot, i.e. school, court, jail, city building etc. you would likely get the whole sha-bang.  In a privately owned lot, where it is likely safe, lecture and be on your way.  

In Michigan all traffic laws are enforceable where the parking lot is "open to the public".  Meaning, if it a Walmart lot you can be ticketed for anything BUT running a stop sign.  THe only way we can write you for that is if the stop sign is registered with the county road commission.  Everything else is fair game. :pullover:  :pullover:

Now, if you were EATING doughnuts- well that's a different story altogether!
Whoah.  I'm in Michigan.  I hate Wal-Mart.  Looks like I might be causing some mayhem at Wal-Mart just for the fun of it!  :ph34r:  :D  :thumbsup: