The Perfect Car

Started by SVT666, March 25, 2015, 10:55:58 PM

Rupert

Quote from: SVT666 on March 25, 2015, 10:55:58 PM
What is your perfect car? The perfect car is not the car that is perfect for you, or perfect all around car, or even perfect for most people.  The perfect car is the car that you wouldn't change a thing on.  Not the styling, not the transmission, not the power...nothing. You wouldn't change a thing. You would buy it just the way it is and you wouldn't want a single thing to be different.

"Not the car that is perfect for you" and "you would buy it just the way it is" (i.e. the car is perfect for you)  are contradictory. The old Lotus Seven was a perfect car, but I wouldn't buy one.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

shp4man

shp4man

Quote from: GoCougs on March 27, 2015, 09:54:55 PM
lol of course - what I meant was Mopar made the best finned cars (esp. motors) much cooler than the '57 Chevy that gets so much attention.
I remember my old man remarking to a neighbor how the fins "stabilized" the car over 60 MPH.  :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: Rupert on March 28, 2015, 02:12:56 PM
"Not the car that is perfect for you" and "you would buy it just the way it is" (i.e. the car is perfect for you)  are contradictory. The old Lotus Seven was a perfect car, but I wouldn't buy one.
It's pretty obvious what I meant.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on March 28, 2015, 02:00:21 PM
1970 LS-6 Chevelle

I don't think I'd be able to keep the suspension stock on one of those.

Rupert

Quote from: SVT666 on March 28, 2015, 05:22:37 PM
It's pretty obvious what I meant.

To you, maybe.

M5-ified fiver wagon.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 28, 2015, 05:56:31 PM
I don't think I'd be able to keep the suspension stock on one of those.
I'd be OK with the stock suspension because I wouldn't be be tracking/racing it!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT666

Quote from: Rupert on March 28, 2015, 10:29:01 PM
To you, maybe.
Everyone but you understood what I was saying. That says more about your comprehension than my explanation.

Rupert

There were at least three people in here who did not. You didn't do a good job explaining what it was you wanted. (Though of course I see what you were trying to do, it's just silly).

SVT666

Quote from: Rupert on March 29, 2015, 11:30:06 AM
There were at least three people in here who did not. You didn't do a good job explaining what it was you wanted. (Though of course I see what you were trying to do, it's just silly).
At least 1 of those 3 admitted to not even reading the OP.

12,000 RPM

Ye pretty obv wat threads about m8
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Lebowski

He doesn't define the perfect car the same as I would, still it was pretty clear from the explanation.

Soup DeVille

I though he meant to ask people's opinions, not tell them.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

BimmerM3

Quote from: thecarnut on March 27, 2015, 09:48:51 AM
Your S2k is disqualified due to the cupholder you installed.

Actually the previous owner installed it. It does come in useful every once in awhile, but I don't eat fast food much anymore so it doesn't get used very often. If it weren't already there, I wouldn't have put one in. So I still think it qualifies. :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: BimmerM3 on March 29, 2015, 02:01:53 PM
Actually the previous owner installed it. It does come in useful every once in awhile, but I don't eat fast food much anymore so it doesn't get used very often. If it weren't already there, I wouldn't have put one in. So I still think it qualifies. :lol:
Yup.

SVT666

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 29, 2015, 01:54:34 PM
I though he meant to ask people's opinions, not tell them.
I'm not telling them.  The perfect car in the context of this thread is a car that is perfect in stock form. You wouldn't change the styling, suspension setup, engine, power output, transmission, seats, dash layout, exhaust, etc.  Everything is perfect from the factory.  This isn't meant to be what is perfect for your life, or perfect all 'rounder. This is meant to be the car you think is perfect as is from the factory.

Raza

Quote from: Rupert on March 28, 2015, 10:29:01 PM
To you, maybe.

M5-ified fiver wagon.

"Perfect for you" and "perfect to you" are significantly different. The first implies that it satisfies, at the very least, your needs. For example, a car that would be perfect for Ron, with his 37 kids, would be a decommissioned Greyhound bus. But something that's perfect to him, is likely some unadventurous automatic family sedan.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

hotrodalex

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Raza  on March 30, 2015, 06:01:53 AM
"Perfect for you" and "perfect to you" are significantly different. The first implies that it satisfies, at the very least, your needs. For example, a car that would be perfect for Ron, with his 37 kids, would be a decommissioned Greyhound bus. But something that's perfect to him, is likely some unadventurous automatic family sedan.
:lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide