Lincoln Continental Concept

Started by 2o6, March 29, 2015, 10:39:15 PM

2o6

It's not ugly or offensive, but it doesn't really look very stylistically groundbreaking. I don't like the Asian looking front. It's low and wide, but looks FWD. It doesn't particularly need super FR proportions, but IDK if it's going to be FWD, I think it should ditch the 3-box look and go for something that turns heads on the road.

The interior is obviously a concept-ized version of the production model. It's OK.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/30/lincoln-continental-concept-new-york-official-photos-videos/

2o6

It reminds me a lot of the early FWD Hyundai Equus

68_427

Weak prestige gap.

Love the interior though
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

Also, it looks like a long, FWD version of this Chrysler 200C concept from not that long ago

hotrodalex

2o6

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

Ah ha!

I knew I had seen that drop beltline before.

Also, that interior looks claustrophobic.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 29, 2015, 11:03:40 PM
I want to like it, but meh.

Because it looks like everything else already.

If Ford wants to revitalize Lincoln, they'll need to do better than this.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

This is what came to mind for me as far as the overall shape/stance/proportions go.

ifcar

I like it. It splits the difference between the outright dull Acura RLX and something overwrought for the purposes of standing out. And it will own the black car market in a way that the MKS was totally inadequate to do.

TBR

I think it looks incredible.

Doesn't look FWD to me either.

cawimmer430

The front looks very Chrysler 300ish to me, but overall it doesn't look bad. It's a non-offensive and clean concept and the wide stance adds some sportiness and presence to the conservative design IMO.

I miss the good old days. And I was born in the '80s!  :praise:

Now THIS is a Lincoln Continental!  :wub:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Quote from: TBR on March 30, 2015, 07:14:39 AM
I think it looks incredible.

Doesn't look FWD to me either.

The way the front fascia and A pillar are resolved remind me of any number of big FWD cars. The hood is kinda stubby by proportion, and the a pillar starts very soon after the front wheels.

SJ_GTI

It is a good looking concept car. Will be interesting to see what the production version looks like.

SVT666

Looks like a new version of the Chrysler 300,which would normally be a good thing, but...I don't like it.

Galaxy

I actually think it looks good. It has some Lincoln design elements, without really being retro designed. Certainly 100% better then anything they offer now.

SVT32V

The interior is phenomenal, but it is supposedly based on a fwder.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: SVT32V on March 30, 2015, 10:13:28 AM
The interior is phenomenal, but it is supposedly based on a fwder.

For me I don't really see that as an issue. Practically any FWD platform can be fitted with AWD anyway and raw performance isn't going to be good no matter what (because of how big it is). The key will be making sure if drives well and has a ton of accoutrement (in addition to really good looks) while beating the competition in price.

FoMoJo

I think they are still struggling with their design direction.  They've lost the aspect of elegance in modern design.  This hold true for all manufacturers imo, especially Mercedes.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

IMO Lincoln should retro-design an early 1970s Lincoln Continental. That design is just pure beauty. Give it a few modern touches and aerodynamic improvements but keep the basic shape and you have a winner!  :mrcool:

Imagine a retro-designed 1972 Lincoln Continental with an EcoBoost 4-cylinder or V6!? Style, spirited performance and fuel economy. Win-win! :praise:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

FoMoJo

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 30, 2015, 10:48:01 AM
IMO Lincoln should retro-design an early 1970s Lincoln Continental. That design is just pure beauty. Give it a few modern touches and aerodynamic improvements but keep the basic shape and you have a winner!  :mrcool:

Imagine a retro-designed 1972 Lincoln Continental with an EcoBoost 4-cylinder or V6!? Style, spirited performance and fuel economy. Win-win! :praise:
Yes, a modern spin on elegance.  I'd like them to put in the 6 litre V12 that they still supply Aston with.  Then it would be worthy of the name Continental.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 30, 2015, 10:50:17 AM
Yes, a modern spin on elegance.  I'd like them to put in the 6 litre V12 that they still supply Aston with.  Then it would be worthy of the name Continental.

Yes, the more engine choices the better. A fuel economy-tuned EcoBoost 4- and 6-cylinder as well as a performance V6/V8 and V12. 

www.wimmerfotografie.de

12,000 RPM

Needs more of this

Rockraven your sig gif is slowing my computer down
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Payman

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on March 30, 2015, 11:44:26 AM
Needs more of this

Rockraven your sig gif is slowing my computer down

Lol really?

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on March 30, 2015, 08:33:14 AM

The way the front fascia and A pillar are resolved remind me of any number of big FWD cars. The hood is kinda stubby by proportion, and the a pillar starts very soon after the front wheels.

Yeah...I guess I see that.

I really liked the latest Lincoln design language...wish they had somehow kept the split grill versus yet another change (that does look quite Chrysler like).

cawimmer430

2o6,

Check this out. Better?

WIMMER PHOTOSHOP

ORIGINAL

www.wimmerfotografie.de