Police Across the Nation Issuing Fewer Tickets

Started by dazzleman, March 31, 2015, 04:32:26 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: VTEC_Inside on May 07, 2015, 12:38:15 PM
Then I would be doing a public service... Excellent...

How much do you think you've paid in traffic fines during your years of driving?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

VTEC_Inside

Quote from: dazzleman on May 07, 2015, 04:34:50 PM
How much do you think you've paid in traffic fines during your years of driving?

Not much really. I think I've only ever really gotten 5-6 speeding tickets total and generally managed to get them reduced to $50 or $100 fines.

It seems as though lately the cops have been letting the speed of traffic dictate actual speeding offenses. Its not uncommon for traffic on the way to work to be moving along at 130kph and I've been flat out ignored at 123ish kph...

For what ever perception people have about my speeding habits, the simple reality is that there are few occasions where I really push my luck. I just have an extremely low tolerance for people that IMO shouldn't have a license and the result is usually venting my frustration by stomping with my right foot (alternating with left)...

Edit: That said, I've been driving the RSX more since the weather has gotten better and its resulted in a lot of giggling..
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

dazzleman

Quote from: VTEC_Inside on May 08, 2015, 09:04:31 AM
Not much really. I think I've only ever really gotten 5-6 speeding tickets total and generally managed to get them reduced to $50 or $100 fines.

It seems as though lately the cops have been letting the speed of traffic dictate actual speeding offenses. Its not uncommon for traffic on the way to work to be moving along at 130kph and I've been flat out ignored at 123ish kph...

For what ever perception people have about my speeding habits, the simple reality is that there are few occasions where I really push my luck. I just have an extremely low tolerance for people that IMO shouldn't have a license and the result is usually venting my frustration by stomping with my right foot (alternating with left)...

Edit: That said, I've been driving the RSX more since the weather has gotten better and its resulted in a lot of giggling..

My numbers are about the same.  But of course, I've been driving about 15 years longer than you have.... ;)  Good job, man.  :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

GoCougs

Yesterday some girl in a new S4 was weaving in and out of the carpool lane to pass slow drivers in the left lane. Entitled left lane campers are a major problem here, and as I've said in the past it's the most common dangerous action I see (in that it compels people to pass either on right or to weave in and out of the carpool lane).

Anyway, she blew past me at probably 90 in a 60. She gets up a few hundred yards and after a carpool lane pass she cruises by a nondescript white F-150 in the middle lane - and BOOM - on come of the berries. State Patrol here uses such unmarked vehicles for big rig compliance. Not sure if he got her speed but if so that could be neg driving.

I'm a bit on the fence with this one. On one hand, undercover in-traffic enforcement of obvious/legit unsafe infractions is the proper way to do traffic enforcement. On the other hand the trooper let the left lane camping slide. Meh, on balance I'd rather be inconvenienced by morons than endangered by morons.

AutobahnSHO

Driving i-95 fairly frequently it is so easy to tell the campers when they are coming at you- no traffic for a minute then way backed up.
Will