Miata Rims

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, April 13, 2015, 09:23:30 AM

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on April 18, 2015, 04:54:12 PM
Just backed it out, finished with the first stage buff and going to wash it and then do interior and exterior polish and wax.

dat hood gap

Sweet buy!!!  Looks like a great ride.
Will

68_427

Keep the skirts and rear spats.  With wider wheels/tires plus a fender roll and slight pull they'll look nice.

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: 68_427 on April 20, 2015, 01:58:53 AM
Keep the skirts and rear spats.  With wider wheels/tires plus a fender roll and slight pull they'll look nice.

I figured the same, once I get the 15x9's on there and it gets lowered an inch or so with the new suspension then It should minimize the "bulky" look of the side skirts. Plus I'm getting mixed info but i woudl think there would be a whole or two. I don't want to have to patch any holes.

That looks like the nikle 6ul, so other than mine being tungsten that is going to be pretty much exactly how my car will look, minus the front plate(I took mine off, I hate front plates).

Cookie Monster

Yeah that tupperware on the side has holes under it. My friend removed his on his NB2 and had to get the holes welded in (though he just got his entire car repainted so it wasn't a big deal for him).
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: thecarnut on April 20, 2015, 08:07:51 AM
Yeah that tupperware on the side has holes under it. My friend removed his on his NB2 and had to get the holes welded in (though he just got his entire car repainted so it wasn't a big deal for him).

The only decent thing about that situation(for me or other that don't need a repaint) is that the holes are in the chip guard area. So a simple fill, alittle color and then blending the chipguard wouldn't be real difficult. But it's more work than I want to do on a car that really only has 2-3 exterior flaws.

FlatBlackCaddy

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FlatBlackCaddy

It's a pretty wheel, and nice and light too. I didn't dig through there but I bought the matching "lightweight"(LOL) valve stems and lugs.

Just going to get tires on them next week and then hopefully get on the coilover install.

FlatBlackCaddy

So I don't know if I should run 225/40's or.......275's all around on this.  :mask:

275's could be considered overkill, to some people.

FlatBlackCaddy

Err, nevermind. There isn't shit available for street tires in 275/35/15.

r0tor

I would do a 225 or 245, although either is a bit much on a miata IMO

Yea, I did forged aluminum lugs on my wheels for reasons still uncertain to me other then wanting it to look decent.  Although I did find it amusing the weight of all 20 luhnuts was less than the plastic packaging.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FlatBlackCaddy

225 is about all thats available. There isnt much for 15s out there. 225s are minimum imo, a 245 or 255 would be nice. The 275 are all race slicks.

giant_mtb

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on April 30, 2015, 07:11:29 PM
Got some goodies.

I've got a decent stash of those Goodyear microfibers, too.  I like them for certain things (waxing/polishing) and dislike them for others (textured/damp surfaces, interiors). 

FlatBlackCaddy

I think menards sells them on sale occasionally for like 2.99 a 8 pack. I normally grab them whenever I'm there. Good for general purpose stuff.

giant_mtb

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on May 02, 2015, 06:48:26 PM
I think menards sells them on sale occasionally for like 2.99 a 8 pack. I normally grab them whenever I'm there. Good for general purpose stuff.

Yup! Menards is always good for a sale on microfibers and other car wash odds and ends (foam applicators, for instance).  They are nice towels. Very soft, wash well, good polishers. Menards seems to have a new brand of microfiber towels somewhere in the store every time I go there (bought an 8 pack of a said new brand tonight). I have multiple generations of microfibers from Menards going back to when I was 16.  The oldest ones are only used for grease and other super dirty things at this point, but they're still good for it. As those die out, my blue microfibers are becoming grease rags. The newest and best are used for polish/wax removal/spray detailing almost exclusively. It's a cycle.

I'll stop talking about microfibers now. :lol: