Toyota Tacoma

Started by giant_mtb, May 22, 2015, 07:37:58 PM

FoMoJo

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 22, 2022, 02:50:06 PM
Pretty bog-standard TRD OR, with a few typical options. Cloth interior, magnetic gray metallic paint (dark gray). Bed lighting kit, blacked out badging, running boards (will likely ditch those), all-weather floor mats, mud flaps, etc...the usual stuff.  Nothing fancy, which is fine by me. Main reason I wanted the OR spec was for the rear diff lock, I give zero fucks about the rest of it. Only been in a couple situations where I've really wanted/needed a locker, but it's good backup.

Was originally thinking I'd go used, but was surprised at the price on this unit. Might as well send it and go brand new. She'll be my baby for the next 10-15 years and all the miles will be mine.
Nice truck.

Is that the shiny grey, looks like wet clay?  Nice colour.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Eye of the Tiger

One of the last trucky trucks
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 22, 2022, 03:07:44 PM
Nice truck.

Is that the shiny grey, looks like wet clay?  Nice colour.

Unfortunately, no. It's not the clay-like pastel color. It's like this.

But, still looks nice. I wasn't ready to be picky on color, just didn't want black or white.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

Quote from: FoMoJo on July 22, 2022, 03:23:49 PM
Still looks good.

It's nice and also subtle. Easy to maintain. If I could be picky about color, I would have liked their Barcelona Red, which is a nice, deep red.  But I'm fine with flying under the radar with a dark gray.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 22, 2022, 03:08:24 PM
One of the last trucky trucks

Yup.

After establishing they had nothing I wanted on the lot, salesperson asked me if I wanted to look at a Frontier or Ridgeline (it's a Nissan//Honda/Toyota place) and I laughed. Please no, Tacos only.

Edit: actually, she first said "have you thought about a Nissan Rogue?" and I was like bruhhhh. Super nice lady, though. Once she realized I wasn't an idiot and knew what I wanted, she made it happen.

SVT_Power

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 22, 2022, 03:03:54 PM
Old Taco will be going to a good home. A friend of mine has been wanting it, one of those "when you're ready to get rid of it, let me know" situations.  He's a true mechanic, has a sick ass Yota wheeling rig, so he'll fix her up nice and mod it as he sees fit for a new DD.  His wife really likes it, too.  He's a Toyota guy through and through.

Really not sure what to ask for it, though. Probably like 3-4k given its condition.

Didn't know you can buy a running Taco for less than $5k, especially nowadays :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 23, 2022, 02:37:36 PM
Didn't know you can buy a running Taco for less than $5k, especially nowadays :lol:

$5k would probably be a decent asking price. KBB says it would be worth 8-9k in good condition.  But, given that it's a UP truck (ie, rust stuff) and its mechanical issues/needs...ehhh $4k would probably be fair to ask from a friend and go from there. I'm gonna let him take it and drive it for a week or whatever when the new unit gets here so he can look it over and make an offer.

I feel so awkward selling stuff to friends, but I'm not gonna screw him over and he's not gonna lowball me. He wants it, and it'll be a good home for it, so a win-win.

AutobahnSHO

Yeah I don't try to make money off friends. Plus I worry about the relationship if something breaks and causes them trouble. Almost better to deal with craigslist randos...
Will

veeman

Congratulations on your new truck! 

giant_mtb

Quote from: veeman on July 25, 2022, 09:35:40 PM
Congratulations on your new truck!

Thanks! I'll be more excited when it gets here... :hammerhead:  :lol:

giant_mtb

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on July 24, 2022, 07:11:36 PM
Yeah I don't try to make money off friends. Plus I worry about the relationship if something breaks and causes them trouble. Almost better to deal with craigslist randos...

Yeahhhh. I know this guy well, he's one of my dirtbiking buddies, we've gone camping together, etc. I was very transparent about everything, and he can drive it to see, I don't care. I'd rather be straight with a friend than deal with Craigslist randos, to be honest.

This is him in his Yota wheelin' rig he built. So, he knows what he's doing. lol

MrH

Nice.  Toyota trucks are the best :wub:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 25, 2022, 10:08:36 PM
Thanks! I'll be more excited when it gets here... :hammerhead:  :lol:

WRONG. I'll be more excited when a Concours 14 gets here. :heated:

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 26, 2022, 02:33:59 PM
WRONG. I'll be more excited when a Concours 14 gets here. :heated:

You gettin' that unit or wha?

CALL_911

I wish u listed your old truck here. I'd take it

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 26, 2022, 04:12:16 PM
You gettin' that unit or wha?

Gnaw, I need to buy another 80 credit points.

giant_mtb

giant_mtb

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 26, 2022, 04:38:35 PM

Well, if my friend doesn't want it and you somehow have a way to get it to you... :lol:

CALL_911

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 26, 2022, 05:12:47 PM
Well, if my friend doesn't want it and you somehow have a way to get it to you... :lol:

I am so serious, let me know

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CaminoRacer

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 26, 2022, 04:38:35 PM

Do you want a Saginaw 4 speed transmission or a Muncie 4 speed transmission? Free to any Spinner
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CaminoRacer on July 26, 2022, 08:52:37 PM
Do you want a Saginaw 4 speed transmission or a Muncie 4 speed transmission? Free to any Spinner

Which one is easier to bolt to an LS?

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 26, 2022, 09:31:28 PM
Which one is easier to bolt to an LS?

Both would use the same bellhousing adapter.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

CaminoRacer

Muncie has better t0rque rating

giant_mtb

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 26, 2022, 08:34:10 PM
I am so serious, let me know

Noted.

Out of curiosity...why do you want a Taco from the UP with 217k miles on it? :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

CALL_911

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 27, 2022, 04:06:07 PM
Noted.

Out of curiosity...why do you want a Taco from the UP with 217k miles on it? :lol:

I want a beater Toyota truck very badly, and they're not easy to find around these parts

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

giant_mtb

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 27, 2022, 06:23:04 PM
I want a beater Toyota truck very badly, and they're not easy to find around these parts

Fair enough. Did you see my post(s) about what it needs?

giant_mtb

First picture of the new unit.