Toyota Tacoma

Started by giant_mtb, May 22, 2015, 07:37:58 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 23, 2023, 10:12:50 AMThat's what I'm doing today. Just hit 10k miles last week, so she's due for an oil change and tire rotation. So I'll kill a few birds and get stoned once. Gonna do a wheels-off wash while it's up on the jackstands so I can really give it a good rinse underneath.

I could have the dealership do it for free, but I called them and they can't get it in 'til the end of August...it'll be at like 12k by then as I have a few camping trips coming up. So, I'll just do it myself.

Don't forget to pull down the fender liners once in a while. I dug out about 2-gallons of packed in mud from behind TUNDRA's front right wheel. (I was only planning on replacing the antenna grommet.) So now I have to do the front left.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Yeahhhhh I wash cars for a living...pretty good at finding and preventing that buildup without having to do any deconstruction.  Just easier with the wheels off. :lol:

giant_mtb

Clean and waxed again after another weekend camping trip.  11,200-some miles.  :rockon:

You cannot view this attachment.

Eye of the Tiger

:golfclap:

I haven't washed my truck since I bought it. It feels bad. Maybe this weekend.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 23, 2023, 07:12:06 PM:golfclap:

Easy for me with a garage set up for it.  It's a true luxury. 

"Meh, Taco needs a cleaning...I'll go grab a 6-pack and spend an evening down at the shop."

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 23, 2023, 07:54:33 PMEasy for me with a garage set up for it.  It's a true luxury. 

"Meh, Taco needs a cleaning...I'll go grab a 6-pack and spend an evening down at the shop."

I have a hose, but my driveway is too narrow between the house and fence (and/or TUNDRA is too wide). fml

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 23, 2023, 07:59:49 PMI have a hose, but my driveway is too narrow between the house and fence (and/or TUNDRA is too wide). fml

Wash 'er in the grass/yard where you have room.  Been there done that.  Get two birds stoned at once...truck washed and grass watered.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 23, 2023, 08:02:25 PMWash 'er in the grass/yard where you have room.  Been there done that.  Get two birds stoned at once...truck washed and grass watered.

LOL. Not possible. You don't understand how small my yard is

There is a self service carwash in town.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 23, 2023, 08:05:15 PMLOL. Not possible. You don't understand how small my yard is

There is a self service carwash in town.

Fair enough. :rockon:

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 23, 2023, 07:12:06 PM:golfclap:

Same here. Except the maybe part...   :lol:
Will

AutobahnSHO

BTW I went looking for a self-spray carwash last weekend after Mav was full of yard debris and had the dirty mtn bike in the back. No such thing here apparently. :(
Will

giant_mtb

:partyon:

You cannot view this attachment.

giant_mtb

Took some junk to the dump today, so we got to hop on the scale. Taco weighs 4,740# with me and just over a quarter tank of gas in it.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on October 18, 2023, 02:50:28 PMTook some junk to the dump today, so we got to hop on the scale. Taco weighs 4,740# with me and just over a quarter tank of gas in it.

It's all that sour cream   :rockon: :rockon:
Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 20, 2023, 12:15:44 PMIt's all that sour cream   :rockon: :rockon:

That took me way too long to figure out :lol: