Mercedes S class cabrio.

Started by Galaxy, September 04, 2015, 12:39:59 AM

BimmerM3

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 03, 2015, 02:23:39 PM
I have to say the silver/grey paintwork and the dark red interior look really good. I'm a sucker for that color combo. :wub:

I don't have statistics to back this up, but in my car shopping experience, red and blue interiors are a great way to kill a car's resale value. When I was shopping for sports cars, the S2000s and Z4s with red and blue interiors were consistently cheaper than vehicles with black, grey, or brown/tan interiors. Enough so that I could pretty reliably predict the interior color of a car based on the price and mileage alone.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

BimmerM3

Quote from: MrH on October 13, 2015, 02:12:11 PM
But I :wub: red brothel interiors.

I'm not a fan at all. I wish I were - I probably could have saved a couple grand on the S2000.

Morris Minor

Quote from: BimmerM3 on October 12, 2015, 12:10:38 PM
I don't have statistics to back this up, but in my car shopping experience, red and blue interiors are a great way to kill a car's resale value. When I was shopping for sports cars, the S2000s and Z4s with red and blue interiors were consistently cheaper than vehicles with black, grey, or brown/tan interiors. Enough so that I could pretty reliably predict the interior color of a car based on the price and mileage alone.
I saw a "Chasing Classic Cars" the other day: Carini sold a 1955 Merc 190SL, slate gray over a red interior. It was a perfect restoration, & hammered for $200K - not bad for a 1.9L 4-banger:

There there's this 1964 Porsche 356C...
https://youtu.be/VFeSTvohf94

I will say I prefer a dark red ("bull's blood"??) over bright scarlet
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

I hate that show. Douchebag host trades cars like stocks. Rich fucktards like that overinflate car values for the sake of making a profit and adding to their collections. Douchehost is not a car enthusiast. He is a money enthusiast, and cars are a means to an end.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

cawimmer430

Speaking of 190SL Mercedes', I recently shot one. Gorgeous car.  :wub:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

BimmerM3

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 13, 2015, 07:52:55 PM
I saw a "Chasing Classic Cars" the other day: Carini sold a 1955 Merc 190SL, slate gray over a red interior. It was a perfect restoration, & hammered for $200K - not bad for a 1.9L 4-banger:

There there's this 1964 Porsche 356C...
https://youtu.be/VFeSTvohf94

I will say I prefer a dark red ("bull's blood"??) over bright scarlet

Well, classic cars are different. But the trend seems to hold true for cars from the past 20ish years, at least.

Morris Minor

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 13, 2015, 08:01:16 PM
I hate that show. Douchebag host trades cars like stocks. Rich fucktards like that overinflate car values for the sake of making a profit and adding to their collections. Douchehost is not a car enthusiast. He is a money enthusiast, and cars are a means to an end.

Don't understand this. He makes money by creating value. Just like anyone else. Cars are just a commodity, from investment grade to shitboxes.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 14, 2015, 11:54:28 AM
Don't understand this. He makes money by creating value. Just like anyone else. Cars are just a commodity, from investment grade to shitboxes.

I hate car salesmen.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: Tave on October 12, 2015, 11:54:14 AM
The new ones are better, but some read hot in warm weather due to the sensor being too close to the engine, asphalt, or some other heat-absorbing surface (metal roof/hood).

Triple-teen-degree heat is otherworldly. You hear all the time how "the humidity is worse" from coastal residents, but go visit Phoenix in July and tell me that's not the hottest you've ever been in your life. It's so hot it feels like your lungs are being ripped out by a vacuum of fire. Homeless people drop dead on the sidewalk en masse. There are week-long stretches where the mercury never dips below 100 degrees at night.

We don't get anything like that on the mid-Atlantic coast. Most years we top out at about 100-even in the dead of the afternoon, if that. Forget 115, you'd know it if we ever reached 110 because everything would shut down and it'd be all anyone was talking about.

I've been top down at an indicated 105 before. What the real temp was, couldn't tell you, but it felt damn hot.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.